Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 563644 times)

raungst

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2016, 03:05:40 pm
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.2
« Reply #1040 on: October 15, 2015, 11:19:16 pm »

Hmm. I'll check how big it actually is when I get home. Some quick searching didn't find anyone else with my issue. I assume normally the LEDs light up pretty instantly after the FE starts? Everything else is working great, it just takes minutes to get the LEDs to light. It did it when I had the trial version also, since I saw the banner come up really late too. I was assuming it was part of the trial limitations.

My computer is a core2duo, while not new, keeps up with everything I've thrown at it.

There's an option on the MAME tab called "Preload MAME Data Files On Startup" - disabling this option will delay loading the mame.xml until the first time you try running a mame game. It might allow your startup LEDs to lightup quicker. But then the first mame game will have a delay before starting.

I'd suggest running with the debug log on - that way we can figure out exactly what's causing the delay.

That option made it seem much better. My xml for 151 is 150mb. 111 is 25mb. It feels weird that the xml doesn't match my rom set. What does it need out of the file that the version doesn't matter? Am I going to run into issues with games included after v111?

Are there extraneous fields in there that can be removed? Even at 25mb, it takes a little bit for it to parse the file.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1041 on: October 16, 2015, 07:17:44 am »
That option made it seem much better. My xml for 151 is 150mb. 111 is 25mb. It feels weird that the xml doesn't match my rom set. What does it need out of the file that the version doesn't matter? Am I going to run into issues with games included after v111?

Are there extraneous fields in there that can be removed? Even at 25mb, it takes a little bit for it to parse the file.

LEDBlinky uses the mame.xml data for games that are not found in the controls.ini file. So you are correct, newer games may not light up correctly. But the Controls Editor keeps track of unknown games and you can use the import function to manually add any game that's missing.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

raungst

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2016, 03:05:40 pm
« Reply #1042 on: October 16, 2015, 10:20:59 am »
Thanks for the help. I'll probably stick with v111 and see if I miss anything. Other than going through the XML file, I couldn't find a list out there on what games were added between versions.

For an unsolicited suggestion, have you thought about reading the XML file the first time and then saving what you need to a format that's quicker to parse (or as a binary file?). Maybe I only notice this because my computer is older, and its not really a problem for people with more recent computers.

Thanks for LEDBlinky. I'm glad to have it all up and running.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2015, 03:45:12 pm by raungst »

newoski

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2021, 07:44:50 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1043 on: October 19, 2015, 08:42:30 am »
Arzoo,

How are GAMENAME.cfg files used by LEDBlinky? From reading the manual, it sounded like LEDBlinky would read the GAMENAME.cfg and then match up any input remaps to the mapping LEDBlinkyInputMap.xml.

For example, if I remap P1B3 (C) -> P1B4 (D) in a GAMENAME.cfg, then I thought LEDBlinky would light the buttons respecting the GAMENAME.cfg changes.

When I load a game with a customized GAMENAME.cfg file, it still shows the original layout...

As a result, I need to import the game into LEDBlinky, delete the affected inputs, and add the correct changed button mapping/layout.

Am I missing something?

(Hopefully I explained that clearly enough)

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1044 on: October 19, 2015, 09:21:17 am »
Arzoo,

How are GAMENAME.cfg files used by LEDBlinky? From reading the manual, it sounded like LEDBlinky would read the GAMENAME.cfg and then match up any input remaps to the mapping LEDBlinkyInputMap.xml.

For example, if I remap P1B3 (C) -> P1B4 (D) in a GAMENAME.cfg, then I thought LEDBlinky would light the buttons respecting the GAMENAME.cfg changes.

When I load a game with a customized GAMENAME.cfg file, it still shows the original layout...

As a result, I need to import the game into LEDBlinky, delete the affected inputs, and add the correct changed button mapping/layout.

Am I missing something?

(Hopefully I explained that clearly enough)

Try using the LEDBlinky troubleshooting app and see if that provides any insight as to why it's not working for any specific game/rom. If that doesn't help, email me the debug.ZIP file and I'll look it over.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1045 on: October 19, 2015, 04:23:17 pm »
Are there any complications if using MAME ctrl files for input mapping + LEDBlinky?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1046 on: October 20, 2015, 07:29:38 am »
Are there any complications if using MAME ctrl files for input mapping + LEDBlinky?

A basic MAME controller file is supported but I don't recommend using it.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1047 on: October 20, 2015, 07:31:10 am »

Why not? Problems w Mame or Binky?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using Tapatalk

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1048 on: October 20, 2015, 07:55:55 am »
That's good to know, but unfortunately I'm unable to change all of my system names that use MAME since it means I fall out of 'compliance' with my other packages that are looking for the generally accepted names.  I'm also working with Circo at EmuMovies to mint ~250,000 artwork, manual, and video files in this agreed on naming and it would hurt me inside to have to deviate from that.   ;D

I just spent the past couple of hours having mixed success with various methods to have a 7 "Atari Classics" trigger a 7 "MAME" in order to change the context for LEDBlinky.  It seems there's a 3 for game launch too which is complicating things.

Here is a list of the systems that I'm using currently running MAME on the backend and are really subset DBs to give you some context of what I'm trying to accomplish:

Capcom Play System
Capcom Play System II
Capcom Play System III
Cave
Namco System 22
Sega ST-V
SNK Neo Geo AES
SNK Neo Geo MVS
Atari Classics
Capcom Classics
Data East Classics
Irem Classics
Konami Classics
Midway Classics
Namco Classics
Nintendo Classics
Sega Classics
SNK Classics
Taito Classics
Williams Classics
If you're using RocketLauncher, this will be addressed in the next update. They are adding the option to customize the name sent to LEDBlinky. For example, system name SNK Neo Geo can be setup to send MAME instead, to Blinky

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1049 on: October 20, 2015, 08:17:55 am »

Why not? Problems w Mame or Binky?

Support for a mame controller file was added (to LEDBlinky) back when some of the control panel manufacturers were supplying controller files. There have been no updates to that section of code since the initial implementation and I can't be sure it will correctly parse newer files.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

greggooch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2017, 11:51:18 am
« Reply #1050 on: October 20, 2015, 10:14:42 pm »
If you're using RocketLauncher, this will be addressed in the next update. They are adding the option to customize the name sent to LEDBlinky. For example, system name SNK Neo Geo can be setup to send MAME instead, to Blinky

That might do the trick.  My little workaround hack can fake out HyperSpin to display the right controls during the 'demo' pre-launch, but I have having problems once the game launched.  It would be nice to do this natively within LEDBlinky though.

tbone2000

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 29, 2015, 01:44:18 am
« Reply #1051 on: October 22, 2015, 03:31:37 am »
Have a question about ledblinky if anyone can help.

Trying to configure future pinball in the Controls Editor.
I imported it from the uknown games list as suggested.

Seems to be working to some extent, however I am not seeing how the "control drop-down list" is referring to my actual mapped controls on my "I-pac ultimate i/o" and/or those in "Future Pinball".

The control options from the drop-down list refer to 10 player 1 buttons, three sets of player 1 joystick controls, trackball ect, ..and I do not understand what this list refers to.
The keycodes are there to be set and assigned as I have them, however It looks like the lighting assignments are going to 2 places at once.
Example being the flipper button on the side (with the keycode) and the play 1 button.

Anyone have any idea where the source of this control list is generated from and or what I should be referring to regarding the control IDs ?

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #1052 on: October 28, 2015, 07:09:33 pm »
Hey Arzoo,

Question about multiple games with the same controls. I have a wheel called "Shooter Games". In LEDBlinky Control Editor, in the <default> I have set the first two button for P1 and P2, and the Common buttons. I also have my joystick wells light up which I tell LEDBlinky is P1JoyButton1,2 etc. Now every game in the wheel has the same lights. In the default settings, I have checked "Always Active" for each button.

The anomaly is, there are a few games where I want to change the colors of the lights, add buttons, etc. The problem I am having is the default colors set are overriding the rom name settings when set to Always Active, and if its not set, then the defaults arent seen.

For example. Joystick 1 lights up White in <default> with P1B1 and P1B2 buttons red and blue. All are checked "Always Active"
Then a game I want to make the Joystick 1 light Green, and keep P1B1 and P1B2 the same, but add two more (P1b3,etc). The defaults still stay on white, and dont change. This leads me to believe the the settings in the ROM do not override the Default.

My only workaround is to color every game without a default setting, Always Active, etc.

Any tips on how I can achieve this? Or is it not implicated in the software yet?

Thanks! Hope this made sense.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1053 on: October 28, 2015, 09:55:49 pm »
Hey Arzoo,

Question about multiple games with the same controls. I have a wheel called "Shooter Games". In LEDBlinky Control Editor, in the <default> I have set the first two button for P1 and P2, and the Common buttons. I also have my joystick wells light up which I tell LEDBlinky is P1JoyButton1,2 etc. Now every game in the wheel has the same lights. In the default settings, I have checked "Always Active" for each button.

The anomaly is, there are a few games where I want to change the colors of the lights, add buttons, etc. The problem I am having is the default colors set are overriding the rom name settings when set to Always Active, and if its not set, then the defaults arent seen.

For example. Joystick 1 lights up White in <default> with P1B1 and P1B2 buttons red and blue. All are checked "Always Active"
Then a game I want to make the Joystick 1 light Green, and keep P1B1 and P1B2 the same, but add two more (P1b3,etc). The defaults still stay on white, and dont change. This leads me to believe the the settings in the ROM do not override the Default.

My only workaround is to color every game without a default setting, Always Active, etc.

Any tips on how I can achieve this? Or is it not implicated in the software yet?

Thanks! Hope this made sense.

Hi,
I'm assuming these are not mame games? When you set Always Active, the button cannot be overridden. But I'm not sure why you would need to use Always Active - if you configure a <default> set of controls for the emulator (Shooter Games), and the input codes are set correctly, then any rom that doesn't otherwise have a uniquely defined set of controls will use the <default> controls. For example, lets say you define shooter games <default> controls as P1B1 and P1B2. An you also define shooter games ROMA as having P1B1, P1B2, and P1B3. Then any shooter rom other than ROMA will use light the defaults (P1B1 and P1B2) and ROMA will use P1B1, P1B2, and P1B3. None of these controls need to be defined as Always Active - you would use that for something like and admin button (Pause, Config, etc), a button that every game uses. Hope this helps.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Lizard69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 01, 2015, 07:32:03 am
« Reply #1054 on: October 29, 2015, 07:28:35 am »
Hi

I am having a bit of trouble with ledblinky 6.2.1.0 stopping mamehooker from working. I am using pinballx as a front end and running mameuifx64 with a few of the igt poker machine roms. When running a rom from within mame the lights function properly using mamehooker. I want to make  the front end lights work using ledblinky which i can, but when running from pinballx the front end lights work fine but in the process it stops mamehooker from working when i start a game.I have to stop the mamehooker process and restart it.
What is strange is i had a pacled64 wired to the lights and it all worked fine, the front end lights worked and mamehooker still worked after starting from pinballx. The pacled64 had issues with a few outputs so i swapped it for a ledwiz that i pulled from another machine and that is when the trouble with the two started.
Any ideas on what the issue could be as the pacled64 was fine but with the ledwiz there is something going on.   

Cheers

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1055 on: October 29, 2015, 09:35:32 pm »
Hi

I am having a bit of trouble with ledblinky 6.2.1.0 stopping mamehooker from working. I am using pinballx as a front end and running mameuifx64 with a few of the igt poker machine roms. When running a rom from within mame the lights function properly using mamehooker. I want to make  the front end lights work using ledblinky which i can, but when running from pinballx the front end lights work fine but in the process it stops mamehooker from working when i start a game.I have to stop the mamehooker process and restart it.
What is strange is i had a pacled64 wired to the lights and it all worked fine, the front end lights worked and mamehooker still worked after starting from pinballx. The pacled64 had issues with a few outputs so i swapped it for a ledwiz that i pulled from another machine and that is when the trouble with the two started.
Any ideas on what the issue could be as the pacled64 was fine but with the ledwiz there is something going on.   

Cheers

Try temporarily removing (or renaming) mame.dll in the LEDBlinky folder. This will prevent LEDBlinky from using any mame output features. See if that resolves the conflict.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Lizard69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1056 on: October 30, 2015, 12:42:10 am »
Thanks for the reply , unfortunately your suggestion did not resolve the issue.
I wonder if something something in the registry got screwed up with the change from pacled64 to ledwiz.
I might have to reload windows and do a clean install and go from there.

Cheers

Edit on thing i did notice i was running an animation for the front end and it drops mamehooker then also. Just starting the front end and exiting again does it also.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2015, 12:47:14 am by Lizard69 »

Lizard69

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1057 on: October 30, 2015, 01:38:36 am »
Just as a test i connected the pacled64 back up and wired it to one light and it works perfectly. It seems to be related to the ledwiz. The ledwiz seems to stop mamehooker whenever ledblinky is active. Even using the ledblinky simple led test will stop mamehooker with the ledwiz. I have registered the ledwizm.ocx file in the mamehooker folder do you think that could have something to do with it.

Cheers

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1058 on: October 30, 2015, 10:41:02 am »
Just as a test i connected the pacled64 back up and wired it to one light and it works perfectly. It seems to be related to the ledwiz. The ledwiz seems to stop mamehooker whenever ledblinky is active. Even using the ledblinky simple led test will stop mamehooker with the ledwiz. I have registered the ledwizm.ocx file in the mamehooker folder do you think that could have something to do with it.

Cheers

I'm not familiar with ledwizm.ocx but it seems like a strong possibility that this is causing the conflict. Try un-registering the ocx and see what happens.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1059 on: November 01, 2015, 01:56:16 pm »
Arzoo,

What would it take to get LEDBlinky to be compatible with RocketLauncher for HyperSpin? At this point, HyperLaunch is nearly dead and most people are using RocketLauncher, which is essentially the new and much improved upgrade to HyperLaunch.

Right now, anytime I launch a game, the controls light up and are spoken and then immediately revert back to Frontend layout, thinking that I exited the game...

I've asked around and it sounds like this is a common problem...

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1060 on: November 01, 2015, 02:54:41 pm »
Arzoo,

What would it take to get LEDBlinky to be compatible with RocketLauncher for HyperSpin? At this point, HyperLaunch is nearly dead and most people are using RocketLauncher, which is essentially the new and much improved upgrade to HyperLaunch.

Right now, anytime I launch a game, the controls light up and are spoken and then immediately revert back to Frontend layout, thinking that I exited the game...

The problem here is that when HyperLaunch (and I'm guessing also RocketLauncher) loses focus, HS sends a GameQuit command to LEDBlinky. This has been a long standing issue with HS and should really be resolved in the HS code. But I've included a workaround in LEDBlinky so that when "HyperLaunch.exe" is found in the process list, the extra GameQuit command is ignored. This should also work with RL; edit the LEDBlinky settings.ini file (use Notepad or any text editor), find the "HLExeName=HyperLaunch" line and change HyperLaunch to the executable (.exe) name for RocketLauncher. Let me know if that resolves the problem - if it does then I'll change the default value from "HyperLaunch" to the RocketLauncher .exe name.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1061 on: November 01, 2015, 03:03:55 pm »
Arzoo,

The problem here is that when HyperLaunch (and I'm guessing also RocketLauncher) loses focus, HS sends a GameQuit command to LEDBlinky. This has been a long standing issue with HS and should really be resolved in the HS code. But I've included a workaround in LEDBlinky so that when "HyperLaunch.exe" is found in the process list, the extra GameQuit command is ignored. This should also work with RL; edit the LEDBlinky settings.ini file (use Notepad or any text editor), find the "HLExeName=HyperLaunch" line and change HyperLaunch to the executable (.exe) name for RocketLauncher. Let me know if that resolves the problem - if it does then I'll change the default value from "HyperLaunch" to the RocketLauncher .exe name.

I've been testing for 5 minutes and so far, changing the HyperLaunch name to RocketLauncher.exe seems to solve the problem. Lots more testing to come, but so far, this is a big step in the right direction. Thanks Arzoo!

langersld

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 06, 2015, 07:33:01 am
« Reply #1062 on: November 06, 2015, 07:33:01 am »
Hi ....Im a little new to LEDBlinky

Im trying to run LEDBlinky Stand-Alone (Command Line) Mode...

Just wanted to see if anyone had an Autohotkey file or a Batch file to run the Animation Start

LEDBlinky.exe <animation>.lwax <option> <option>

Any help appreciated

scoodidabop

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:57:03 am
« Reply #1063 on: November 20, 2015, 11:11:29 am »
Hey Arzoo!

Any idea what might be causing this occasional error?:

Also, I'm attempting to set up an unusual programming scheme for my control panel.  I have 8 LEDs that light up based on system selection.  I found a workaround that is functioning fine for everything but MAME.  Here,  a test in SEGA;

And another test in SNK Neo Geo;

I "borrowed" the "Left, right, down" commands from player 1 and 2 to achieve this, since I knew those directions would already be mapped in those emulators.  I used "up" in each system to assign a joystick color, hence using the other directions for the system names.  Again, this works fine for everything but MAME, where of course many different system names will light up since all directions are mapped for lighting in most games.  If the random system lighting in MAME is the worst side effect from having every other emulator light up a system name then that's fine, I can live with it.  If there's a better method for programming this (admittedly odd) setup, let me know!

Thanks Arzoo!!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1064 on: November 20, 2015, 12:54:24 pm »
Hey Arzoo!
Any idea what might be causing this occasional error?:
Access violations can be tricky to resolve - I'll need you to provide me with details on exactly when it occurs. It would also help if you could enable the Debug Log option (Misc Options tab), and email me the debug.ZIP after the error has occurred.

Also, I'm attempting to set up an unusual programming scheme for my control panel.  I have 8 LEDs that light up based on system selection.  I found a workaround that is functioning fine for everything but MAME.  Here,  a test in SEGA;

I "borrowed" the "Left, right, down" commands from player 1 and 2 to achieve this, since I knew those directions would already be mapped in those emulators.  I used "up" in each system to assign a joystick color, hence using the other directions for the system names.  Again, this works fine for everything but MAME, where of course many different system names will light up since all directions are mapped for lighting in most games.  If the random system lighting in MAME is the worst side effect from having every other emulator light up a system name then that's fine, I can live with it.  If there's a better method for programming this (admittedly odd) setup, let me know!

Thanks Arzoo!!
I would try using the Always Active option; from the Controls Editor, create a <default> control configuration for each emulator. Then on the Common control tab, add any unused control (choose from the UI_xxxx list), assign the correct keyboard input code for the port(s) you want to light up, and check the Always Active option. This support post might help http://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#LightMAMEUI.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

scoodidabop

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 10:57:03 am
« Reply #1065 on: November 20, 2015, 04:25:58 pm »
Thanks Arzoo.  I'll give that a go and report back.

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 05, 2024, 10:55:50 pm
    • forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,149265.120.html
« Reply #1066 on: November 23, 2015, 12:27:29 am »
Hi Arzoo,

Nice looking product!  Is there any support for chains of individually addressable RGB LEDs, or must we use one of the controllers listed (ie RGBwiz, PacLED64)?

Thanks,
JudgeRob

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1067 on: November 23, 2015, 11:12:34 am »
Hi Arzoo,

Nice looking product!  Is there any support for chains of individually addressable RGB LEDs, or must we use one of the controllers listed (ie RGBwiz, PacLED64)?

Thanks,
JudgeRob

I've had a few discussions with some of the hardware vendors about supporting individually addressable LEDs but nothing ever moved forward. So for now the answer is no.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1068 on: November 23, 2015, 03:42:00 pm »
OK,thanks for confirming.  Too bad, it sure would clean out a lot of unnecessary wires from all of these control panels!  8)

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #1069 on: November 25, 2015, 06:39:05 pm »
Having some trouble with LEDWiz not being detected by LEDBlinky. Clean install on a laptop, usb plugged in. The software downloaded from GGG lights up the LEDs no problem (RGB Led Helio9). When I start up a fresh install of LEDBlinky, in the Generate Input Map, it shows that the LEDWiz is not Active nor detected, whenever I try to open other software in LEDBlinky. The computer recognized the board, as well as its own software. Is there something I'm missing? I dont recall having this issue with the PACLed64 on my cab. I even checked all eight ID numbers in the Generate Input Map, nothing.

Also want to add the following specs
Laptop- Win8
LEDWiz - Dev1
LEDBlinky 6.2

I hooked up the LEDWiz into my arcade cab, and Blinky recognized it right away, and made it functional, on top of my three PACLed64s. So I know its not the card, nor Blinky.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

« Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:36:07 pm by MydknyteStyrm »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1070 on: November 26, 2015, 09:27:03 am »
Having some trouble with LEDWiz not being detected by LEDBlinky. Clean install on a laptop, usb plugged in. The software downloaded from GGG lights up the LEDs no problem (RGB Led Helio9). When I start up a fresh install of LEDBlinky, in the Generate Input Map, it shows that the LEDWiz is not Active nor detected, whenever I try to open other software in LEDBlinky. The computer recognized the board, as well as its own software. Is there something I'm missing? I dont recall having this issue with the PACLed64 on my cab. I even checked all eight ID numbers in the Generate Input Map, nothing.

Also want to add the following specs
Laptop- Win8
LEDWiz - Dev1
LEDBlinky 6.2

I hooked up the LEDWiz into my arcade cab, and Blinky recognized it right away, and made it functional, on top of my three PACLed64s. So I know its not the card, nor Blinky.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

What happens when you try the SimpleLEDTest app?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #1071 on: November 26, 2015, 09:28:23 am »
It says No Led controller detected. Nothing in Blinky shows any sign of the Wiz connected. I also tried using the laptop to connect a PacLed64, and Blinky saw it easily.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1072 on: November 26, 2015, 10:22:15 am »
It says No Led controller detected. Nothing in Blinky shows any sign of the Wiz connected. I also tried using the laptop to connect a PacLed64, and Blinky saw it easily.

But the same LEDWiz works fine on another pc? What happens if you run the test app in Admin mode? The interface library (ledwiz.dll) has been around forever and I've never heard of a problem where it didn't detect the hardware.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #1073 on: November 26, 2015, 10:27:49 am »
I've been running all the Blinky apps under administrator, and with SimpleLEDtest, the error pops up No LED Controllers Detected.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1074 on: November 26, 2015, 11:47:40 am »
I've been running all the Blinky apps under administrator, and with SimpleLEDtest, the error pops up No LED Controllers Detected.

I'm really not sure what to suggest here - seems like this is some sort of conflict with your pc and the ledwiz communication library. If you zip up and email me your entire LEDBlinky folder I can give it a test on my system. At least then we would know if the LEDBlinky install is good.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #1075 on: November 26, 2015, 11:49:18 am »
No problem I can do that. The install is fresh from your site, ver 6.2.1. Do you think it might have anything to do with windows 8 on the laptop conflicting with the LEDwiz dev1?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1076 on: November 26, 2015, 12:32:49 pm »
No problem I can do that. The install is fresh from your site, ver 6.2.1. Do you think it might have anything to do with windows 8 on the laptop conflicting with the LEDwiz dev1?

My guess is another device on your pc is conflicting with the ledwiz. But that could be hard to diagnose.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

sevenseal

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2023, 09:59:14 am
  • Tapatalk User
« Reply #1077 on: November 26, 2015, 02:14:46 pm »

remove the run on admin on the program... on windows 8, it will cause programs to not as expected

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #1078 on: November 26, 2015, 04:21:29 pm »
Well LEDBlinky works as expected on my laptop when I plugged in a PacLED64. It's just the LEDWiz. But the Wiz works when I hook it up I to my cab, running Win7 64bit. I assume I should just uncheck Administrator in the properties and test again.

JudgeRob

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1079 on: November 26, 2015, 11:48:44 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

I just came across this individually addressable board:

http://www.ultimarc.com/nanoled.html

Can you confirm if this board is fully compatible with LEDBlinky?  I ask because your program is mentioned in that page.

Thanks!
JudgeRob