Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 563758 times)

MydknyteStyrm

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2024, 12:19:41 pm
  • Makeup FX Gamer
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.2
« Reply #1000 on: July 15, 2015, 10:26:14 pm »
Thanks! I have over a thousand hands for all systems, and making animations for each one would send me to an early grave. I love the effects of the Audio animation and would love to have that as an option in the animation editor, or have a more editable audio animation option. Also for my jukebox, the lights could blink in different color themes depending on the genre of music. Thanks again for your consideration.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #1001 on: July 15, 2015, 10:26:41 pm »
Games, not hands. Doh!

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1002 on: July 16, 2015, 10:40:01 am »
Thanks! I have over a thousand hands for all systems, and making animations for each one would send me to an early grave. I love the effects of the Audio animation and would love to have that as an option in the animation editor, or have a more editable audio animation option. Also for my jukebox, the lights could blink in different color themes depending on the genre of music. Thanks again for your consideration.

How do you envision LEDBlinky choosing a color for each game and how would the color apply to the animation?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #1003 on: July 16, 2015, 03:15:00 pm »
What I was thinking that I could have different audio animations pre set. Sort of like it is now, where I can pick four different colors for the audio wave, but save it as a file. If I could set it to have different sets that could be called up like a lwax for gameplay, then I could just set  it using the rom name, sort of like  game specific animations, just using audio animation instead.

In a nutshell, instead of game animations having to be created, just use audio animations. I suppose this could be implemented in the animation editor, like a button that sets it for Audio instead of frames, and four colors are picked.

Example, TMNT could flash green lights with audio, red for Mario Bros, etc.

Does that make any sense? :)

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1004 on: July 16, 2015, 09:47:38 pm »
What I was thinking that I could have different audio animations pre set. Sort of like it is now, where I can pick four different colors for the audio wave, but save it as a file. If I could set it to have different sets that could be called up like a lwax for gameplay, then I could just set  it using the rom name, sort of like  game specific animations, just using audio animation instead.

In a nutshell, instead of game animations having to be created, just use audio animations. I suppose this could be implemented in the animation editor, like a button that sets it for Audio instead of frames, and four colors are picked.

Example, TMNT could flash green lights with audio, red for Mario Bros, etc.

Does that make any sense? :)

Got it. That would require a lot of work to implement. Can't promise when or if I'll be able to do it - but I'll add it to my enhancement request list.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #1005 on: July 16, 2015, 09:48:59 pm »
Hey, I even appreciate your consideration. Thanks again for an awesome app. Everyone gasps when they see the buttons light up on my cab.

reehmicks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2015, 09:49:14 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1006 on: July 21, 2015, 04:06:54 pm »
A while ago there was a post with a user using MAME with a ctrlr file and LEDBlinky.  The mapping for the buttons was working, but the incorrect lights were being turned on.  Link:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=79680.0

The discussion just kinda stopped with no resolution listed.  Was this something that was ever resolved?  I seem to be having a similar issue and would like to know if there was any info on this.

In my case I have the controls for MK3 configured at the driver level in my ctrlr file (under 'midwunit') like so..

Code: [Select]
  x123

When I play the game the controls operate as expected, but the leds are lit using the 'default' layout.  This is also confirmed by troubleshooter app. (That it thinks it is in the 'all' configuration.)

56xx

So it makes me think that the ctrlr file is OK and that there is something wrong with the way LEDBlinky is reading/loading/looking at the files..

I'm using the ctrlr layout in the default top down (default -> drivers -> parents) layout defined here if it helps.
http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Ctrlr_file

Was there any headway on that/this issue?

Thanks.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1007 on: July 21, 2015, 09:06:42 pm »
A while ago there was a post with a user using MAME with a ctrlr file and LEDBlinky.  The mapping for the buttons was working, but the incorrect lights were being turned on.  Link:
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=79680.0

The discussion just kinda stopped with no resolution listed.  Was this something that was ever resolved?  I seem to be having a similar issue and would like to know if there was any info on this.

In my case I have the controls for MK3 configured at the driver level in my ctrlr file (under 'midwunit') like so..

x123

When I play the game the controls operate as expected, but the leds are lit using the 'default' layout.  This is also confirmed by troubleshooter app. (That it thinks it is in the 'all' configuration.)

56xx

So it makes me think that the ctrlr file is OK and that there is something wrong with the way LEDBlinky is reading/loading/looking at the files..

I'm using the ctrlr layout in the default top down (default -> drivers -> parents) layout defined here if it helps.
http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Ctrlr_file

Was there any headway on that/this issue?

Thanks.

Wow, that's an old thread. And yours might be the first question about a controller files since then :)

I think the best way I can help with this is for you turn on the Debug Log option, run your FE and a few games that don't light correctly, then email me back the debug.ZIP file. Also include your ctrlr file. I'll take a look and get back to you.

arzoo
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

reehmicks

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2015, 09:49:14 pm
« Reply #1008 on: July 22, 2015, 08:36:54 pm »

Wow, that's an old thread. And yours might be the first question about a controller files since then :)

I think the best way I can help with this is for you turn on the Debug Log option, run your FE and a few games that don't light correctly, then email me back the debug.ZIP file. Also include your ctrlr file. I'll take a look and get back to you.

arzoo

I uploaded the debug.zip to a google drive share. I PM'd you the link.

Thanks for the assistance..

rablack97

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2022, 06:50:10 pm
  • If you don't try, you have no chance at innovation
« Reply #1009 on: August 15, 2015, 06:08:55 pm »
Hello Arzoo,

My game control function was working fine, but now in mame when i modify a button in the admin panel, it now says "kbd B Joybutton 1".  Before it was just kbd B, every since the join with joybutton 1, led blinky will no light controls.

How can i make the software pick up this new join, thanks in advance.

rablack97

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1010 on: August 15, 2015, 10:50:51 pm »
nvm figured it out, had vjoy running in the background so it was registered the kbd stroke and the vjoy input, all is well.

trick72

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2024, 03:20:55 am
« Reply #1011 on: August 23, 2015, 06:24:52 am »
Hi,
About the recent post on ledblinky and a ctrlr file, I have a similar issue but related to the colors.ini

I have a ctrlr file for the neogeo system. I use a different button layout for that.
The ctrlr file is working. in the colors.ini however I also made a "game" entry for [neogeo] with the typical 4-color button layout.

However, althought ledblinky is lighting up the CORRECT buttons found in the ctrlr file, it lights them up all white. So it does not seem to link the neogeo games with the [neogeo] entry in the colors.ini.

Only when I specifically add the neogeo game itself (for example mslug) with the correct colors, then ledblinky lights them correct for that game.

But should I not be able to use the general [neogeo] color mapping instead of having to add each and every neogeo game in colors.ini in order for ledblinky to light up the correct colors?
Thanks
Patrick

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1012 on: August 24, 2015, 07:10:07 pm »
Hi,
About the recent post on ledblinky and a ctrlr file, I have a similar issue but related to the colors.ini

I have a ctrlr file for the neogeo system. I use a different button layout for that.
The ctrlr file is working. in the colors.ini however I also made a "game" entry for [neogeo] with the typical 4-color button layout.

However, althought ledblinky is lighting up the CORRECT buttons found in the ctrlr file, it lights them up all white. So it does not seem to link the neogeo games with the [neogeo] entry in the colors.ini.

Only when I specifically add the neogeo game itself (for example mslug) with the correct colors, then ledblinky lights them correct for that game.

But should I not be able to use the general [neogeo] color mapping instead of having to add each and every neogeo game in colors.ini in order for ledblinky to light up the correct colors?
Thanks
Patrick

Unfortunately the colors.ini will only work with rom names. But using the Controls Editor you should be able to import neogeo as an emulator, create a default control layout, and set the colors as you like.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

rablack97

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1013 on: August 27, 2015, 09:39:54 pm »
I noticed on some games that game start button won't light up until after the credit button is pressed.

How do you light other buttons by pressing another?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1014 on: August 28, 2015, 08:08:45 am »
I noticed on some games that game start button won't light up until after the credit button is pressed.

How do you light other buttons by pressing another?
That's a feature specific to a small subset of MAME games - mostly older single player games (Asteroids, DigDug, etc.). I works via MAME output data.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

rablack97

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1015 on: August 28, 2015, 10:25:43 am »
is there a way to assign leds to emulators and or roms via ini files instead of going through the gui?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1016 on: August 28, 2015, 04:16:33 pm »
is there a way to assign leds to emulators and or roms via ini files instead of going through the gui?
For MAME you could modify the controls.ini file. For other emulators you need to use the Controls Editor.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

greggooch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2017, 11:51:18 am
« Reply #1017 on: October 09, 2015, 02:52:46 pm »
Is there a way to let LEDBlinky know that another system is actually MAME?  This is any subset database system like SNK Neo Geo MVS, Sega St-V, and Capcom Play System 1-3.

Looking at the HyperSpin logs, it looks like an LEDBlinky.exe 7 "MAME" needs to be sent before LEDBlinky.exe 9 "rom-name" works and lights up my LEDs using colors.ini and then subsequently rotates my ServoStiks when the game is launched.

When LEDBlinky.exe 7 "SNK Neo Geo MVS" is sent, then the 9 "rom-name" looks for a system specific configuration, and none of the MAME integration goodness works.

I'm thinking about trying to write a workaround listener that automatically sends a 7 "MAME" to LEDBlinky when a 7 is sent for a system that I've set in a text file (i.e. - it'll send 7 "MAME" when it hears 7 "SNK Neo Geo MVS".  But before I do that I thought I'd ask if there was a better way.

Thanks!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1018 on: October 09, 2015, 03:30:50 pm »
Is there a way to let LEDBlinky know that another system is actually MAME?  This is any subset database system like SNK Neo Geo MVS, Sega St-V, and Capcom Play System 1-3.

Looking at the HyperSpin logs, it looks like an LEDBlinky.exe 7 "MAME" needs to be sent before LEDBlinky.exe 9 "rom-name" works and lights up my LEDs using colors.ini and then subsequently rotates my ServoStiks when the game is launched.

When LEDBlinky.exe 7 "SNK Neo Geo MVS" is sent, then the 9 "rom-name" looks for a system specific configuration, and none of the MAME integration goodness works.

I'm thinking about trying to write a workaround listener that automatically sends a 7 "MAME" to LEDBlinky when a 7 is sent for a system that I've set in a text file (i.e. - it'll send 7 "MAME" when it hears 7 "SNK Neo Geo MVS".  But before I do that I thought I'd ask if there was a better way.

Thanks!

LEDBlinky looks for 'mame' anywhere in the emulator name. For example, if HS passed the emulator name as 'SNK Neo Geo MVS MAME', LEDBlinky would consider the emulator to be mame.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

greggooch

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 28, 2017, 11:51:18 am
« Reply #1019 on: October 09, 2015, 05:28:28 pm »
That's good to know, but unfortunately I'm unable to change all of my system names that use MAME since it means I fall out of 'compliance' with my other packages that are looking for the generally accepted names.  I'm also working with Circo at EmuMovies to mint ~250,000 artwork, manual, and video files in this agreed on naming and it would hurt me inside to have to deviate from that.   ;D

I just spent the past couple of hours having mixed success with various methods to have a 7 "Atari Classics" trigger a 7 "MAME" in order to change the context for LEDBlinky.  It seems there's a 3 for game launch too which is complicating things.

Here is a list of the systems that I'm using currently running MAME on the backend and are really subset DBs to give you some context of what I'm trying to accomplish:

Capcom Play System
Capcom Play System II
Capcom Play System III
Cave
Namco System 22
Sega ST-V
SNK Neo Geo AES
SNK Neo Geo MVS
Atari Classics
Capcom Classics
Data East Classics
Irem Classics
Konami Classics
Midway Classics
Namco Classics
Nintendo Classics
Sega Classics
SNK Classics
Taito Classics
Williams Classics
« Last Edit: October 09, 2015, 05:32:17 pm by greggooch »

scoodidabop

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 30, 2024, 10:57:03 am
« Reply #1020 on: October 11, 2015, 02:13:03 pm »
I'm getting a "trial version" notification when using the animation editor.  I'm sure it's because I have the directories screwed up and it's not reading the registration file.  Can you advise me on the proper directory for the animation program?

Thanks!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1021 on: October 12, 2015, 09:31:30 am »
I'm getting a "trial version" notification when using the animation editor.  I'm sure it's because I have the directories screwed up and it's not reading the registration file.  Can you advise me on the proper directory for the animation program?

Thanks!

The registration files (2) need to go in the \LEDBlinky folder along with the animation editor (LEDBlinkyAnimationEditor.exe) and other applications.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2021, 07:44:50 am
« Reply #1022 on: October 12, 2015, 09:07:06 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

After cutting my teeth learning the LEDBlinky software for my ServoStiks previously, I'm taking my first dive into using it to control LED buttons tonight. Everything is pretty straight forward so far, however, I'm not sure how to label a few of my buttons in the LED Input Map software:

Pinball Left Flipper
Pinball Right Flipper
Select (Admin Enter Key)

I'm on a 2 player, 6 button per play cabinet and I currently have them mapped as follows:

Pinball Left Flipper = P1B7
Pinball Right Flipper = P2B7
Select (Admin Enter Key) = P1B8

Since I only have 6 gameplay buttons per player, will the above mappings create any issues with MAME games that have more than 6 buttons? What approach do you recommend for this situation?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1023 on: October 12, 2015, 10:18:52 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

After cutting my teeth learning the LEDBlinky software for my ServoStiks previously, I'm taking my first dive into using it to control LED buttons tonight. Everything is pretty straight forward so far, however, I'm not sure how to label a few of my buttons in the LED Input Map software:

Pinball Left Flipper
Pinball Right Flipper
Select (Admin Enter Key)

I'm on a 2 player, 6 button per play cabinet and I currently have them mapped as follows:

Pinball Left Flipper = P1B7
Pinball Right Flipper = P2B7
Select (Admin Enter Key) = P1B8

Since I only have 6 gameplay buttons per player, will the above mappings create any issues with MAME games that have more than 6 buttons? What approach do you recommend for this situation?

You can actually give the buttons any label you wish (the Port Label drop-down list are common values). So for example you could use LFLIPPER and RFLIPPER. The port labels are only used by LEDBlinky - they have no effect on MAME. It's the keyboard or joystick input codes that are used by MAME.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1024 on: October 12, 2015, 10:32:25 pm »
Ahhhhh. How simple! Thanks
« Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 10:41:10 pm by newoski »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1025 on: October 12, 2015, 10:45:23 pm »
How?

For the Port Label you can select from the drop-down list or type anything you want.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1026 on: October 14, 2015, 08:54:27 pm »
Hey Arzoo,

Another question as I dig into LEDBlinky setup... What is the difference between Primary Controls vs all other controls?

Thanks!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1027 on: October 15, 2015, 08:20:28 am »
Hey Arzoo,

Another question as I dig into LEDBlinky setup... What is the difference between Primary Controls vs all other controls?

Thanks!

The primary control is usually the joystick or trackball (something other than a button).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1028 on: October 15, 2015, 08:40:30 am »
Hey Arzoo,

Thanks!

The primary control is usually the joystick or trackball (something other than a button).

Thanks, Arzoo. So on my cab, my buttons will light up, but not my joysticks. It sounds like there are some compromises with using Primary Controls -- they stay lit, even for games that don't use both joysticks.

What happens if I don't define a Primary Control/Joystick for MAME... what happens if I don't define a Primary Control/Joystick for all other systems (consoles)?

raungst

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 14, 2016, 03:05:40 pm
« Reply #1029 on: October 15, 2015, 10:56:39 am »
I'm having an issue where LEDBlinky is taking a really long time to start up. I'm using Hyperspin 1.4 and it eventually lights up all of my buttons, but it takes at least a minute to do so. This happens everytime I startup Hyperspin, whether I'm shelling directly into Hyperspin or starting it from explorer. I'm using XP if that makes any difference. Is there a setting or something that I missed to make LEDBlinky startup faster? Is there a log someplace to figure out what its doing during that time?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1030 on: October 15, 2015, 12:47:06 pm »
Hey Arzoo,

Thanks!

Thanks, Arzoo. So on my cab, my buttons will light up, but not my joysticks. It sounds like there are some compromises with using Primary Controls -- they stay lit, even for games that don't use both joysticks.

What happens if I don't define a Primary Control/Joystick for MAME... what happens if I don't define a Primary Control/Joystick for all other systems (consoles)?

The main purpose of a primary control is for LEDBlinky to speak it when a game starts. Since most controls panels don't have illuminated joysticks (or trackballs etc), this is a way for the player to know what controls to use. Nothing happens if you don't define a primary control (other than it won't get spoken).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1031 on: October 15, 2015, 12:58:14 pm »
I'm having an issue where LEDBlinky is taking a really long time to start up. I'm using Hyperspin 1.4 and it eventually lights up all of my buttons, but it takes at least a minute to do so. This happens everytime I startup Hyperspin, whether I'm shelling directly into Hyperspin or starting it from explorer. I'm using XP if that makes any difference. Is there a setting or something that I missed to make LEDBlinky startup faster? Is there a log someplace to figure out what its doing during that time?

I'm guessing the delay is happening while LEDBlinky is loading your mame.xml file - later versions of mame generate very large xml files. For example, mame v111 generates a 29mb file while mame v162 generates a 179mb file. You can safely use an older mame.xml file with LEDBlinky.

Yes, there is a debug file; from the Misc Options tab, enable the Debug Log option.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1032 on: October 15, 2015, 01:06:37 pm »
Hey Arzoo,

Thanks!

OK, thanks. I'm just anxiously waiting for my LED buttons and controller to arrive now... I've already created my input map and my control panel layout, in the meantime. However, when I try to select the CP Mapped Only option, the entire field is blank -- there are no available inputs. Do I need to have the LEDWiz plugged in and recognized before these inputs will show up, as I already mapped them in Input Map and CP layout...

(Let me know if you'd prefer I shoot you PM/email with questions, I'm reading the manuals like a hawk and trying to have everything as setup as possible by the time my parts arrive)

The main purpose of a primary control is for LEDBlinky to speak it when a game starts. Since most controls panels don't have illuminated joysticks (or trackballs etc), this is a way for the player to know what controls to use. Nothing happens if you don't define a primary control (other than it won't get spoken).

MydknyteStyrm

• Offline Offline
  • Makeup FX Gamer
« Reply #1033 on: October 15, 2015, 01:27:34 pm »
In regards to LEDBlinky loading the xml file, is it necessary if my setup doesn't have a Mame wheel but rather custom xml lists? I set each button and light to my own choosing in the LEDBlinky controls editor.

raungst

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1034 on: October 15, 2015, 01:35:07 pm »

I'm guessing the delay is happening while LEDBlinky is loading your mame.xml file - later versions of mame generate very large xml files. For example, mame v111 generates a 29mb file while mame v162 generates a 179mb file. You can safely use an older mame.xml file with LEDBlinky.

Yes, there is a debug file; from the Misc Options tab, enable the Debug Log option.

That makes sense. I currently use v151, so I'm guessing its on the big side. How do I go about generating a smaller one? Just get an older version of mame and -listxml through my roms?

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1035 on: October 15, 2015, 02:06:08 pm »
I believe you could do it with any older exe file, however, the 151 version shouldn't be that big compared to newer ones. The changes that result in much larger files, according to the LEDBlinky docs, took place after 160. I believe it was around 162 potentially.

To generate the xml, just follow the -listxml process using an older exe. I don't believe you need to have all the roms, because it's generating a list based on its internal database, not your roms.

raungst

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1036 on: October 15, 2015, 02:19:16 pm »
Hmm. I'll check how big it actually is when I get home. Some quick searching didn't find anyone else with my issue. I assume normally the LEDs light up pretty instantly after the FE starts? Everything else is working great, it just takes minutes to get the LEDs to light. It did it when I had the trial version also, since I saw the banner come up really late too. I was assuming it was part of the trial limitations.

My computer is a core2duo, while not new, keeps up with everything I've thrown at it.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1037 on: October 15, 2015, 03:19:33 pm »
Hmm. I'll check how big it actually is when I get home. Some quick searching didn't find anyone else with my issue. I assume normally the LEDs light up pretty instantly after the FE starts? Everything else is working great, it just takes minutes to get the LEDs to light. It did it when I had the trial version also, since I saw the banner come up really late too. I was assuming it was part of the trial limitations.

My computer is a core2duo, while not new, keeps up with everything I've thrown at it.

There's an option on the MAME tab called "Preload MAME Data Files On Startup" - disabling this option will delay loading the mame.xml until the first time you try running a mame game. It might allow your startup LEDs to lightup quicker. But then the first mame game will have a delay before starting.

I'd suggest running with the debug log on - that way we can figure out exactly what's causing the delay.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1038 on: October 15, 2015, 03:21:22 pm »
In regards to LEDBlinky loading the xml file, is it necessary if my setup doesn't have a Mame wheel but rather custom xml lists? I set each button and light to my own choosing in the LEDBlinky controls editor.

Yes, it's still necessary.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1039 on: October 15, 2015, 03:33:59 pm »
Hey Arzoo,

Thanks!

OK, thanks. I'm just anxiously waiting for my LED buttons and controller to arrive now... I've already created my input map and my control panel layout, in the meantime. However, when I try to select the CP Mapped Only option, the entire field is blank -- there are no available inputs. Do I need to have the LEDWiz plugged in and recognized before these inputs will show up, as I already mapped them in Input Map and CP layout...

(Let me know if you'd prefer I shoot you PM/email with questions, I'm reading the manuals like a hawk and trying to have everything as setup as possible by the time my parts arrive)