Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v8.2  (Read 565267 times)

rockyrocket

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 01, 2019, 02:13:03 pm
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.0
« Reply #880 on: September 29, 2014, 09:38:50 am »

I've been able to reproduce the problem and will have it fixed with the next release. If need be, I can get you a patch before then. Thanks for the help with this.
Hi, thanks for the offer but I am happy to just leave debugging enabled for the interim.

On a different note do you have any plans to support sainsmart devices in the future arzoo? a driver and discussion can be found HERE

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2024, 11:15:11 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.0
« Reply #881 on: September 29, 2014, 11:17:40 am »
On a different note do you have any plans to support sainsmart devices in the future arzoo? a driver and discussion can be found HERE

Sorry, no current plans to support the sainsmart. But if there's significant demand in the future and the hardware dev can provide the necessary interface module then it could happen.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

thatpurplestuff

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 04:51:11 pm
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v6.1
« Reply #882 on: October 12, 2014, 02:17:27 am »
First of all, I love LEDBlinky and I've been working on getting it to function with my Skeeball software and I think I'm getting there.  I was stuck briefly because AS2 doesn't allow command line options when you launch executables, but I was able to write a short AutoHotKey script that monitors the clipboard and launches LEDBlinky using whatever arguments that you load into the clipboard.  I feel like I'm really close to having this all working perfectly, but I am having one issue that is driving me crazy.

Basically, all LEDs turn off for a split second while loading animations.  For example, certain games have all of the rings illuminated white... my goal was to have the ring turn red and then fade back to white when the player rolls a ball into that ring but have all other rings remain white.  I've got the animations working and it's close to what I was envisioning, but the problem is that it while loading from one animation to another it turns off all of the LEDs for a brief moment.  It's just a flicker really, but it's enough to be noticeable and detracts from the animations.

Is there an option that I am missing that makes it possible to seamlessly transition from one animation to another without having all of the LEDs shut off for a second?  Ideally I would be able to have all holes lit but not have them flicker while switching animations.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2014, 02:55:46 am by thatpurplestuff »

So once again, we find that evil of the past seeps into the present like salad dressing through cheap wax paper, mixing memory and desire.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #883 on: October 12, 2014, 12:16:32 pm »
First of all, I love LEDBlinky and I've been working on getting it to function with my Skeeball software and I think I'm getting there.  I was stuck briefly because AS2 doesn't allow command line options when you launch executables, but I was able to write a short AutoHotKey script that monitors the clipboard and launches LEDBlinky using whatever arguments that you load into the clipboard.  I feel like I'm really close to having this all working perfectly, but I am having one issue that is driving me crazy.

Basically, all LEDs turn off for a split second while loading animations.  For example, certain games have all of the rings illuminated white... my goal was to have the ring turn red and then fade back to white when the player rolls a ball into that ring but have all other rings remain white.  I've got the animations working and it's close to what I was envisioning, but the problem is that it while loading from one animation to another it turns off all of the LEDs for a brief moment.  It's just a flicker really, but it's enough to be noticeable and detracts from the animations.

Is there an option that I am missing that makes it possible to seamlessly transition from one animation to another without having all of the LEDs shut off for a second?  Ideally I would be able to have all holes lit but not have them flicker while switching animations.

That's correct - when you run an animation it will first turn off all the ports. Using the (new) command to set ports manually will clear the ports but then you can't do the fades. I guess I could add an option to not clear the ports between animations but this is a real edge case scenario. Let me think about it.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

thatpurplestuff

• Offline Offline
« Reply #884 on: October 12, 2014, 12:27:56 pm »

That's correct - when you run an animation it will first turn off all the ports. Using the (new) command to set ports manually will clear the ports but then you can't do the fades. I guess I could add an option to not clear the ports between animations but this is a real edge case scenario. Let me think about it.

Ahh ok I figured that was the case but I was hoping that I was doing something wrong haha.  It would be awesome to have that option and it would definitely help me out, but I totally understand if you don't have the time to add support for such a fringe request.  Either way I appreciate the consideration and I figure it couldn't hurt to ask!  Thanks for the quick response and have a good one!

So once again, we find that evil of the past seeps into the present like salad dressing through cheap wax paper, mixing memory and desire.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #885 on: October 12, 2014, 05:02:55 pm »

Ahh ok I figured that was the case but I was hoping that I was doing something wrong haha.  It would be awesome to have that option and it would definitely help me out, but I totally understand if you don't have the time to add support for such a fringe request.  Either way I appreciate the consideration and I figure it couldn't hurt to ask!  Thanks for the quick response and have a good one!

What I meant to say was Using the (new) command to set ports manually will NOT clear the ports.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

thatpurplestuff

• Offline Offline
« Reply #886 on: October 12, 2014, 06:50:08 pm »

What I meant to say was Using the (new) command to set ports manually will NOT clear the ports.

haha yeah I figured that was just a typo  :cheers:

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #887 on: October 12, 2014, 09:24:12 pm »

I'll look at the code and if it's simple to add a setting (only in the ini) to not clear the ports between animations then I'll include it with the next release.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

thatpurplestuff

• Offline Offline
« Reply #888 on: October 12, 2014, 10:14:05 pm »

I'll look at the code and if it's simple to add a setting (only in the ini) to not clear the ports between animations then I'll include it with the next release.

That would be absolutely incredible.  I really appreciate you looking into it, and again I can't say enough good things about your software.  The animation editor alone is amazingly robust... it's obvious you've put a ton of time into LEDBlinky and it's easily worth the small price tag.  I've been having a great time just playing with all the options, and having all of these cool transitions definitely makes the software that I'm working on look a whole lot more polished!  Thanks again!

Mil7br4nd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 08, 2015, 05:41:02 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #889 on: October 17, 2014, 03:23:16 pm »
Did all steps in the Led blinky setup guide and still when i turn on hyper spin nothing lights up!
God... hyperspin and LED blinky is more complicated than woman, how is this possible ?!?! :cry: been sitting all day trying to config hyperspin and the only emulator i have working for now is Mame with videos and all. But LEDblinky is a killig me..............

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #890 on: October 17, 2014, 05:45:49 pm »
Did all steps in the Led blinky setup guide and still when i turn on hyper spin nothing lights up!
God... hyperspin and LED blinky is more complicated than woman, how is this possible ?!?! :cry: been sitting all day trying to config hyperspin and the only emulator i have working for now is Mame with videos and all. But LEDblinky is a killig me..............

Have you tried the LEDBlinky Troubleshooting app to see if it can help get things going?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Mil7br4nd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #891 on: October 18, 2014, 11:37:22 am »
Got the lights to play animations when in hyperspin, but when i go in to the mame section it doesnt light up any keys, i want it to light up the buttons that the game uses ingame, and if you enter the game the buttons that are active ingame lights up, how do you do that ?
What controller file do you point it to ? LEDblinky just wants a controller file but it doesnt say what kind of file like .ini or .xml
I have downloadet the controller file from
http://controls.arcadecontrols.com/controls/controls_dat.php
« Last Edit: October 18, 2014, 11:51:01 am by Mil7br4nd »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #892 on: October 18, 2014, 12:14:09 pm »
Got the lights to play animations when in hyperspin, but when i go in to the mame section it doesnt light up any keys, i want it to light up the buttons that the game uses ingame, and if you enter the game the buttons that are active ingame lights up, how do you do that ?
What controller file do you point it to ? LEDblinky just wants a controller file but it doesnt say what kind of file like .ini or .xml
I have downloadet the controller file from
http://controls.arcadecontrols.com/controls/controls_dat.php

The "Demo Game Controls" option (HS Options tab) will light up the controls for each game as you scroll through the HS lists. The "Light Game Controls" option (Game Options tab) will light up the controls during game play. On the MAME Config tab, there's no need to set any value for the "Controller File". For the "Controls.ini" setting, specify the path to the controls.ini file (downloaded from the link you specified above). Hope this helps.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Mil7br4nd

• Offline Offline
« Reply #893 on: October 18, 2014, 12:51:47 pm »
Arezoo thanks man! its working now for mame! im going to buy it today i think :)

lebronfaling

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 07, 2014, 10:36:39 pm
« Reply #894 on: December 07, 2014, 10:36:38 pm »
I have everything working correctly with LED blinky and MAME, but I cannot get my Player 1/2 start buttons to flash when a credit is inserted for the life of me. The option is checked in the config screen.

Every other thing works flawlessly e,g Controls light, Controls spoken during beginning and pause of MAME, literally everything but this one feature. I'm on 147u1. Any idea what can be wrong?
Find me here and my hobby site for safe wipe

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #895 on: December 08, 2014, 07:33:40 am »
I have everything working correctly with LED blinky and MAME, but I cannot get my Player 1/2 start buttons to flash when a credit is inserted for the life of me. The option is checked in the config screen.

Every other thing works flawlessly e,g Controls light, Controls spoken during beginning and pause of MAME, literally everything but this one feature. I'm on 147u1. Any idea what can be wrong?

Hi,
The feature to flash the start buttons with credits is game/rom dependent - the game sends MAME Outputs to indicate when the LED is flashing. It's mostly supported by some of the older classic games. Try Asteroids or Dig Dug and see if it's working.

arzoo
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

mikeyngo

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 07, 2015, 10:18:19 am
« Reply #896 on: December 08, 2014, 09:23:53 am »
I have LEDBLINKY installed, configured, and working for the most part in HYPERSPIN.  However, I'm having this problem and I believe its causing the hyperspin, emulator or ledblinky to crash.  Let say, when the user is scrolling to fast in the MAME collection, let say from A to D, and then select the game, the LEDs continue to blinks for every game from A to D, eventho the game has been selected.

I know certain MAME games has already pre-set leds so when you select the game, it shows which buttons are used.  this option sometimes won't show up because when i'm scrolling through a bunch of games, the leds continue to blink for every game i scroll.  this in most times, causes hyperspin to freeze up.

Is there an option I can disable to not have this?

Thanks

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #897 on: December 08, 2014, 01:48:50 pm »
I have LEDBLINKY installed, configured, and working for the most part in HYPERSPIN.  However, I'm having this problem and I believe its causing the hyperspin, emulator or ledblinky to crash.  Let say, when the user is scrolling to fast in the MAME collection, let say from A to D, and then select the game, the LEDs continue to blinks for every game from A to D, eventho the game has been selected.

I know certain MAME games has already pre-set leds so when you select the game, it shows which buttons are used.  this option sometimes won't show up because when i'm scrolling through a bunch of games, the leds continue to blink for every game i scroll.  this in most times, causes hyperspin to freeze up.

Is there an option I can disable to not have this?

Thanks

Try unchecking the "Demo Game Controls" option on the HyperSpin tab. You can also try unchecking the "Button Flash" option on the FE Options tab.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

mikeyngo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #898 on: December 09, 2014, 09:36:18 am »
Thanks arzoo.  Seems like its working. 

mikeyngo

• Offline Offline
« Reply #899 on: December 13, 2014, 04:50:57 pm »
Hey Arzoo, now I'm having another problem.  I had it set for Mame or any other system in HYPERSPIN when the game is loaded, it lights up the controls and speak the controls. 

It is doing it, however once the controls are lighted up and done speaking, it reverts back to HYPERSPIN FE controls lights, it doesn't keep the game controls light up while I am playing that game.  It affects MAME and other emulators that I had setup.

I'm not sure if this would cause an issue, but it was working before.  I just setup XPADDER to control my FE MENU, and now this issue is showing up.

Any ideas?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #900 on: December 14, 2014, 12:00:13 pm »
Hey Arzoo, now I'm having another problem.  I had it set for Mame or any other system in HYPERSPIN when the game is loaded, it lights up the controls and speak the controls. 

It is doing it, however once the controls are lighted up and done speaking, it reverts back to HYPERSPIN FE controls lights, it doesn't keep the game controls light up while I am playing that game.  It affects MAME and other emulators that I had setup.

I'm not sure if this would cause an issue, but it was working before.  I just setup XPADDER to control my FE MENU, and now this issue is showing up.

Any ideas?

Hi, please see this support link: http://ledblinky.net/Support.htm#HSGameQuitProblem
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

mriggins

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2015, 05:57:29 pm
« Reply #901 on: December 30, 2014, 06:54:04 pm »
LEDBlinky question!

Can you use the "Always active" feature outside of anything <default>?

I obviously have defaults set for non mame emulators, and then a default set inside of mame in the controls editor. But I want to light 4 buttons blue for Player 2, JUST for tron. (They are behind my tron joystick and it would illuminate the translucent joystick nicely!) But, anytime I in the controls editor I set a button to blue, it doesn't let me check always active as it's dimmed and from what I see, always active is only available in defaults.

If you can't do it via always active, is there another trick that might work to get certain buttons to light up just for one rom and stay on?

Thank you!!!

Best,

Matt Riggins
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 06:55:45 pm by mriggins »
Cabinet Photos: http://bit.ly/1DoP0Bv

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #902 on: December 30, 2014, 08:39:37 pm »
LEDBlinky question!

Can you use the "Always active" feature outside of anything <default>?

I obviously have defaults set for non mame emulators, and then a default set inside of mame in the controls editor. But I want to light 4 buttons blue for Player 2, JUST for tron. (They are behind my tron joystick and it would illuminate the translucent joystick nicely!) But, anytime I in the controls editor I set a button to blue, it doesn't let me check always active as it's dimmed and from what I see, always active is only available in defaults.

If you can't do it via always active, is there another trick that might work to get certain buttons to light up just for one rom and stay on?

Thank you!!!

Best,

Matt Riggins

That is correct, the "Always Active" option can only be used for the <default> control configuration.

Option 1 - Trick LEDBlinky into thinking Tron has additional buttons
First manually edit your Controls.ini file and add the four buttons to the Tron section. The trick here is to use the correct buttons - this would depend on the keycodes assigned to those buttons and your mame configuration. For example, if one of those buttons is mapped to KEYCODE_C (and you haven't remapped that button in the mame setup), then the mame default for KEYCODE_C = P1_BUTTON7. So you would add P1_BUTTON7 to the Tron section in Controls.ini like this:
P1_BUTTON7=Always On Blue Button
The value on the right side of the "=" is the button action and in this case it doesn't matter what you put there.
Next you'll have to use the LEDBlinky Controls Editor and from the Import MAME menu, import "Tron". From there you should see the new button(s) (in this example it would be P1_BUTTON7) and you can edit each button and set the color.

Here's where I see a problem - if the four buttons are mapped to keycodes that are not used by player 1 and since Tron is a single player game (alternating), then you won't be able to add them to Tron. If that's the case, the only other option I can think of is to use animation files;

Option 2 - Use single frame animations
Using the Animation Editor, create a single frame animation that just lights the four buttons and save it as "tron.lwax". Then put that animation in the ..\LEDBlinky\lwa\GameSpecific\GamePlay folder. Next create a second single frame animation that doesn't light ANY buttons and save it as "stub.lwax" (it doesn't matter what name you give it). Then from the LEDBlinky Config app, set the "Game Play Animation" to stub.lwax. The reason you need the stub animation (which doesn't light anything) is because LEDBlinky won't use the game specific animation (tron.lwax in this example) unless a default Game Play animation is also specified - but you don't want any additional buttons to light up for any other games. Theoretically, the stub animation should run but not do anything. I've never tried this so I can't guarantee it will work, but it's worth a try!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2014, 08:41:36 pm by arzoo »
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

mriggins

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 19, 2015, 05:57:29 pm
« Reply #903 on: December 31, 2014, 03:31:03 am »
Awsome! Thanks for the prompt reply! I'll give these a shot and let ya know if it worked or is possible with those options! :)

Thanks again and Happy New Year!

Matt
Cabinet Photos: http://bit.ly/1DoP0Bv

newoski

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 26, 2021, 07:44:50 am
« Reply #904 on: January 01, 2015, 11:24:39 am »
Hi Arzoo,

I'm trying to setup LEDBlinky to control my ServoStiks for MAME and other emulators. I'm using HyperSpin and I can successfully switch the already using JoyTray.

I'm using a fresh (registered) install of LEDBlinky 6.1.  I've set LEDBlinkyConfig as follows:

I have NOT created any keymaps as I'm not using LEDs and it starts by asking me for my LED controller.

I turned on debugging, launched LEDBlinky, launched HyperSpin, launched MAME games, but my debug file just shows the version info:

[01/01/2015 11:02:37]
[01/01/2015 11:02:37] LEDBlinky v6.1.0.0

Thanks for your help. So excited to get this working!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #905 on: January 01, 2015, 02:56:58 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

I'm trying to setup LEDBlinky to control my ServoStiks for MAME and other emulators. I'm using HyperSpin and I can successfully switch the already using JoyTray.

I'm using a fresh (registered) install of LEDBlinky 6.1.  I've set LEDBlinkyConfig as follows:

I have NOT created any keymaps as I'm not using LEDs and it starts by asking me for my LED controller.

I turned on debugging, launched LEDBlinky, launched HyperSpin, launched MAME games, but my debug file just shows the version info:

[01/01/2015 11:02:37]
[01/01/2015 11:02:37] LEDBlinky v6.1.0.0

Thanks for your help. So excited to get this working!

Seems like HS is never sending the "FE Start" command to LEDBlinky. Check the HS log file and see if it has any errors.

You could also try manually starting LEDBlinky; drag ledblinky.exe to the Run dialog and add the parameter "1". So the command should something like this:
<path>\ledblinky\ledblinky.exe 1

Then check the debug log. If that works then there must be something wrong with your HS configuration.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #906 on: January 01, 2015, 03:01:33 pm »
EDIT: That was a step in the right direction... Still have some questions to get my other emulators setup -- and MAME isn't switching yet -- but I'll get them organized and then post again
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 03:58:19 pm by newoski »

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #907 on: January 01, 2015, 04:50:09 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

OK, that last tip was perfect and I'm 99% there. I've started setting up additional emulators and everything is working perfectly.

One more question:

How to I set my master "default" to 8-way? Right now, when I load HyperSpin, LEDBlinky switches the joysticks to 4-way. I'd prefer they were in 8-way. Or, even better, is it possible to tell the joysticks to do "nothing" when entering the HyperSpin menu?

I don't really care about 4-way / 8-way switching inside of HyperSpin.

Thanks so much. This is so damn cool!

Owen
« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 05:00:31 pm by newoski »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #908 on: January 01, 2015, 06:09:25 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

OK, that last tip was perfect and I'm 99% there. I've started setting up additional emulators and everything is working perfectly.

One more question:

How to I set my master "default" to 8-way? Right now, when I load HyperSpin, LEDBlinky switches the joysticks to 4-way. I'd prefer they were in 8-way. Or, even better, is it possible to tell the joysticks to do "nothing" when entering the HyperSpin menu?

I don't really care about 4-way / 8-way switching inside of HyperSpin.

Thanks so much. This is so damn cool!

Owen

Glad you got it working. To set the joystick to 8-way in HS; from the Controls Editor click the FE button. Next click the New button to add a new control. From the New Control dialog, select CONTROL_JOY8WAY. Check the Primary Control option and then save. That should do it.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #909 on: January 01, 2015, 08:16:42 pm »
Thanks!

And what if I only want it to change between 4/8 way when in emulators?

Is it possible to set neither to primary, so it doesn't change back and forth when entering/exiting the frontend?

« Last Edit: January 01, 2015, 08:49:31 pm by newoski »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #910 on: January 01, 2015, 10:27:25 pm »
Thanks!

And what if I only want it to change between 4/8 way when in emulators?

Is it possible to set neither to primary, so it doesn't change back and forth when entering/exiting the frontend?

If you don't set a primary control then I believe it will stay in the current state.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #911 on: January 01, 2015, 11:42:02 pm »
Hmmm...

I've removing both 4-way and 8-way designations form the FE section. I also tried leaving 8-way in, with Primary (UNCHECKED).

Both ways end up with the joysticks switching to 4-way...

Thoughts?

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #912 on: January 02, 2015, 09:55:08 am »
Hmmm...

I've removing both 4-way and 8-way designations form the FE section. I also tried leaving 8-way in, with Primary (UNCHECKED).

Both ways end up with the joysticks switching to 4-way...

Thoughts?

4-way is the default for the FE. If you don't specify a different primary control for the FE, then it will always go to 4-way.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #913 on: January 02, 2015, 08:29:04 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

OK, tons of progress today and I had it working perfectly, but then I had to reformat the drive and start over...

Anyways, set it up pretty much exactly the same. It's switching fine for MAME, but it doesn't seem to find the 4-way default mapping for PacMAME.

LEDBlinkyControls.xml and Debug: http://pastebin.com/CKmLr7Z9

Really, really appreciate the help!

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #914 on: January 03, 2015, 03:27:39 pm »
Hi Arzoo,

OK, tons of progress today and I had it working perfectly, but then I had to reformat the drive and start over...

Anyways, set it up pretty much exactly the same. It's switching fine for MAME, but it doesn't seem to find the 4-way default mapping for PacMAME.

LEDBlinkyControls.xml and Debug: http://pastebin.com/CKmLr7Z9

Really, really appreciate the help!

I believe the problem is that your emulator is called "PacMAME" and LEDBlinky considers any emulator with "mame" in the name to be MAME - so instead of using the PacMAME controls configuration, it's using the MAME controls configuration (which does not have a default primary control). You can solve the problem by adding a <default> control group to mame with a primary control, OR you'll need to change the name of the PacMAME emulator - PacMAM would work for example. But if you change the name don't forget to change it in the Controls Editor and you may also need to change it in the HS config.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

newoski

• Offline Offline
« Reply #915 on: January 04, 2015, 01:42:35 pm »
Just  did some testing and that doesn't seem to be the problem.

As a test, I switched Nintendo Entertainment System to 4-way. Same problem.

It doesn't seem to notice that Nintendo Entertainment System is set to 4-way.

I have my primary as 8-way, so it should definitely be switching...

http://pastebin.com/80BmmQpy

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #916 on: January 05, 2015, 11:46:20 am »
Just  did some testing and that doesn't seem to be the problem.

As a test, I switched Nintendo Entertainment System to 4-way. Same problem.

It doesn't seem to notice that Nintendo Entertainment System is set to 4-way.

I have my primary as 8-way, so it should definitely be switching...

http://pastebin.com/80BmmQpy

The controls xml and log you provided indicate that the Nintendo Entertainment System emu is configured with an 8-way as the primary control - so it seems to be working as expected.

Code: [Select]
  <emulator emuname="Nintendo Entertainment System" emuDesc="">
    <controlGroup groupName="DEFAULT" voice="" numPlayers="1" alternating="0" jukebox="0" ledwizGlobalPulse="3" defaultActive="48,48,48,48" defaultInactive="0,0,0,0">
      <player number="0">
        <control name="CONTROL_JOY8WAY" voice="8-Way Joystick" alwaysActive="0" color="" inputCodes=""/>
      </player>
      <player number="1"/>
    </controlGroup>
  </emulator>
Code: [Select]
[01/04/2015 13:39:07] Received Event - Queue:[1] Msg:[7~Nintendo Entertainment System].
[01/04/2015 13:39:07] Event: EMULATOR_SELECTED [Nintendo Entertainment System] []
[01/04/2015 13:39:07] Emulator: [NINTENDO_ENTERTAINMENT_SYSTEM]
[01/04/2015 13:39:07] EMULATOR_SELECTED Event Completed.
[01/04/2015 13:39:08] Received Event - Queue:[1] Msg:[9~Battletank (USA)].
[01/04/2015 13:39:08] Event: LIST_SELECTED
[01/04/2015 13:39:08] Event: GAME_SELECTED [Battletank (USA)] [] []
[01/04/2015 13:39:08] Received Event - Queue:[1] Msg:[3~Battletank (USA)~Nintendo Entertainment System].
[01/04/2015 13:39:08] Event: EMULATOR_SELECTED [Nintendo Entertainment System] []
[01/04/2015 13:39:08] Emulator: [NINTENDO_ENTERTAINMENT_SYSTEM]
[01/04/2015 13:39:08] FEEmulaterSelected Event Completed.
[01/04/2015 13:39:08] Event: GAME_SELECTED [Battletank (USA)] [] []
[01/04/2015 13:39:08] Event: GAME_START
[01/04/2015 13:39:08] ROM/Game: [BATTLETANK_(USA)] Controls: [OTHER-DEFAULT]
>>>>[01/04/2015 13:39:08] No change to JDR mode for BATTLETANK_(USA).
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

bobmoo79

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 06, 2023, 09:06:46 am
« Reply #917 on: January 19, 2015, 10:30:31 am »
Hi Arzoo,

Where can we download LEDBlinky 6.1?
Unless I'm going mad the LEDBlinky website only includes a link for v6.0.

Thanks,

Chris.

thatpurplestuff

• Offline Offline
« Reply #918 on: January 19, 2015, 01:35:47 pm »
The link text on the site says 6.0, but actually points to a file called "LEDBlinky_6_1_0_0.zip"

Hi Arzoo,

Where can we download LEDBlinky 6.1?
Unless I'm going mad the LEDBlinky website only includes a link for v6.0.

Thanks,

Chris.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #919 on: January 19, 2015, 06:09:47 pm »
The link text on the site says 6.0, but actually points to a file called "LEDBlinky_6_1_0_0.zip"

Thanks for pointing that out - I've updated the site.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction