Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v7.0  (Read 299023 times)

Headrush69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2020, 04:16:35 pm
  • I have build my own arcade controls!
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v7.0
« Reply #1720 on: September 26, 2020, 04:15:08 pm »
There's definitely something wrong with the Ultimarc joystick drivers causing ghost signals. Can you do me a favor and from the Config app, on the Game Options tab, click the "Pick" button for Abort Speech and see if a joystick code comes up immediately. If so, let me know what it is, thanks.
I don't think it's necessarily a issue with ghost signals, just a result of the technology used and how sensitive it is with no deadzone.

Yes a joystick code comes up, J2UP.

Luckily, I never add a new feature (like joystick detection)  without adding an override  :)
Manually edit the settings.ini file (use notepad or notepadd++ or any text editor), and under the [OtherSettings] section, set "DetectJoysticks=0". That should solve the problem and won't effect LEDBlinky in a negative way other than you won't be able to use joystick buttons for aborting speech.
OMG, how did I miss that, doh!

Thank you. Abort using joysticks isn't needed in my cabinet.

dgrace

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 09, 2020, 09:57:32 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1721 on: September 27, 2020, 07:56:52 pm »
Finally got LED blinky and all my LED buttons working and it's awesome. I'm using 2 PACLED64 boards for my 4 player cabinet. However, i'm really struggling to get it to work in hyperspin or MAME or anything else. Animation works and all led buttons setup, light up and working, even started on putting together my own animation file. But nothing with mame works. I tried MAME 182 and MAME 200. Changed the mame.ini file, generated the mame.xml (based on how they recommended on the site) and also set up rocketblinky. Below are some pics of my settings. I'm sure I missed a step but am currently stumped. Any tips are much appreciated. Thanks

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2020, 08:22:27 am
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1722 on: September 27, 2020, 08:14:51 pm »
Finally got LED blinky and all my LED buttons working and it's awesome. I'm using 2 PACLED64 boards for my 4 player cabinet. However, i'm really struggling to get it to work in hyperspin or MAME or anything else. Animation works and all led buttons setup, light up and working, even started on putting together my own animation file. But nothing with mame works. I tried MAME 182 and MAME 200. Changed the mame.ini file, generated the mame.xml (based on how they recommended on the site) and also set up rocketblinky. Below are some pics of my settings. I'm sure I missed a step but am currently stumped. Any tips are much appreciated. Thanks

Give the Troubleshooting app a try and see if it can help with the problem. If not, email me the debug.zip and/or debug.log files and I'll take a look.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

uptown47

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2020, 04:15:19 pm
  • Just takin' life one game of Frogger at a time...
« Reply #1723 on: September 28, 2020, 06:01:34 am »

I use Launchbox instead of Hyperspin but I know you've got to tell the front end (in the case of Launchbox) where LEDBlinky is? Maybe you need to do that in Hyperspin too?