Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up --- Bug Reports --- Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v7.0  (Read 252812 times)

arzoo

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 12, 2020, 07:30:50 pm
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
Re: LEDBlinky - Arcade LED Control software and Animation Editor - v7.0
« Reply #1600 on: December 07, 2019, 10:15:19 pm »
Just to be clear, in my Inputmap, COIN1 -> CUSTOM1, START1 -> CUSTOM2, COIN2 -> CUSTOM3, START2 -> CUSTOM4.

With any non MAME system I can use my CUSTOM buttons in any layout and set the order I want them to be spoken.

For MAME games, my CUSTOM buttons don't show up under CONTROLS. I continue to use COIN1 and START1 and it works correctly as it's based on key maps.  So I can't have Coin and Start spoken first under MAME, but it's not terribly important. It was important for other emus as what would normally be coin and start buttons, are used for other console's admin type functions. I'm happy with how it works.

One remaining question I have is how does LEDBlinky handle analog to digital keys in MAME.
The mame.xml doesn't include information on these buttons and since you can't add input keys for MAME games in Controls Editor, curious how it's handled.

The input map port labels are not used to determine which ports light up. It's the input codes that matter. This support link may help.

I'm not sure I understand your second question - can you elaborate, maybe provide a game as an example?
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Headrush69

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2020, 09:13:22 pm
  • I have build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1601 on: December 07, 2019, 11:56:48 pm »

The input map port labels are not used to determine which ports light up. It's the input codes that matter. This support link may help.

I'm not sure I understand your second question - can you elaborate, maybe provide a game as an example?
I understand about the input port labels, I just meant when I used the name P1COIN and P1START as labels, Controls Editor would automatically set the spoken words and unable to edit. Using custom labels bypasssed that.

The second one is a little complex but I'll try to explain using ikari as an example. (Player 1 only)

Ikari has the following inputs: Up, Down, Left, Right, Button 1, Button 2, Positional Analog, Positional Analog Inc, Positional Analog Dec.

My mapping within MAME has my physical button 3 set to Positional Analog Inc and my physical button 5 set to Positional Analog Dec. In Controls Editor I must pick P1_BUTTON5 to have the right button lite. Unlike "normal" MAME buttons, it doesn't appear to map using inputs. Unless I'm missing something it seems for any analog to digital buttons, I've had to do that.

From my debug log,you can see those analog to digital maps are passed as BUTTON3 and BUTTON4 and those actual keys are correct, but within mame, BUTTON4 (Positional Analog Dec) is actually mapped to BUTTON5 a different key input.. Left Shift.

Code: [Select]
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] ROM/Game: [IKARI] Controls: [MAME-IKARI]
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] Control List for IKARI: |P1_JOYSTICK_UP|P1_BUTTON1|P1_BUTTON2|P1_BUTTON3|P1_BUTTON4|START1|COIN1|P2_JOYSTICK_UP|P2_BUTTON1|P2_BUTTON2|P2_BUTTON3|P2_BUTTON5|START2|COIN2|<AA>UI_CANCEL|CONTROL_JOY8WAY&DIAL
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] Control Speech List for IKARI: |Move|Shoot|Grenade|Rotate|Rotate|Start Game|Insert Coin|Move|Shoot|Grenade|Rotate|Rotate|Start Game|Insert Coin||
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_JOYSTICK_UP (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_UP
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_BUTTON1 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_C
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_BUTTON2 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_V
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_BUTTON3 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_Z
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_BUTTON4 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_X
« Last Edit: December 08, 2019, 12:08:35 am by Headrush69 »

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1602 on: December 08, 2019, 10:53:54 am »
I understand about the input port labels, I just meant when I used the name P1COIN and P1START as labels, Controls Editor would automatically set the spoken words and unable to edit. Using custom labels bypasssed that.

The second one is a little complex but I'll try to explain using ikari as an example. (Player 1 only)

Ikari has the following inputs: Up, Down, Left, Right, Button 1, Button 2, Positional Analog, Positional Analog Inc, Positional Analog Dec.

My mapping within MAME has my physical button 3 set to Positional Analog Inc and my physical button 5 set to Positional Analog Dec. In Controls Editor I must pick P1_BUTTON5 to have the right button lite. Unlike "normal" MAME buttons, it doesn't appear to map using inputs. Unless I'm missing something it seems for any analog to digital buttons, I've had to do that.

From my debug log,you can see those analog to digital maps are passed as BUTTON3 and BUTTON4 and those actual keys are correct, but within mame, BUTTON4 (Positional Analog Dec) is actually mapped to BUTTON5 a different key input.. Left Shift.

Code: [Select]
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] ROM/Game: [IKARI] Controls: [MAME-IKARI]
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] Control List for IKARI: |P1_JOYSTICK_UP|P1_BUTTON1|P1_BUTTON2|P1_BUTTON3|P1_BUTTON4|START1|COIN1|P2_JOYSTICK_UP|P2_BUTTON1|P2_BUTTON2|P2_BUTTON3|P2_BUTTON5|START2|COIN2|<AA>UI_CANCEL|CONTROL_JOY8WAY&DIAL
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] Control Speech List for IKARI: |Move|Shoot|Grenade|Rotate|Rotate|Start Game|Insert Coin|Move|Shoot|Grenade|Rotate|Rotate|Start Game|Insert Coin||
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_JOYSTICK_UP (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_UP
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_BUTTON1 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_C
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_BUTTON2 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_V
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_BUTTON3 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_Z
[12-07-2019 23:40:59] P1_BUTTON4 (MAME-ALLGAMES): |KEYCODE_X

The log shows LEDBlinky is using the inputs for all four P1 buttons from the mame default.cfg file (MAME-ALLGAMES). That would indicate it's not finding those buttons in the ikari.cfg file. If you email me your ikari.cfg and also your debug.zip files, I should be able to see what's going on and we can figure this out.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction

Headrush69

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2020, 09:13:22 pm
  • I have build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1603 on: December 08, 2019, 02:04:18 pm »
The log shows LEDBlinky is using the inputs for all four P1 buttons from the mame default.cfg file (MAME-ALLGAMES). That would indicate it's not finding those buttons in the ikari.cfg file. If you email me your ikari.cfg and also your debug.zip files, I should be able to see what's going on and we can figure this out.
Thanks, I have emailed the files.

That's exactly the issue I'm seeing. If the MAME game.cfg has a remapped button for an analog to digital button it is not read/used by LEDBlinky.
If I remap the BUTTON1 in the same game, the LEDBlinky log shows that it read from ikari.cfg.

tvsian

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 11, 2020, 12:52:43 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #1604 on: February 10, 2020, 02:57:22 pm »
Just a quick question. I'm using an iPac Ultimate in my cabinet, and I recently upgraded the firmware on it to the new multi-mode one (I've been trying to use gamepad mode for Windows games, and it was a bit flaky on the old firmware).

Since then, when it's in mode 2 or 4 (the two DInput modes), LEDBlinky doesn't recognize it. I already checked with Ultimarc since the notes mentioned LEDs wouldn't work with XInput modes but no mention of DInput, and was told there was an LEDBlinky update in progress or possibly released that would make it work again.

Since 7.0.2 doesn't seem to be the version where it works, I just wanted to make sure that was accurate info, and there is something coming to get that working. Not asking for an ETA, just making sure it's on the radar.

arzoo

• Offline Offline
  • Robots WILL kill you.
    • LEDBlinky
« Reply #1605 on: February 10, 2020, 03:11:52 pm »
Just a quick question. I'm using an iPac Ultimate in my cabinet, and I recently upgraded the firmware on it to the new multi-mode one (I've been trying to use gamepad mode for Windows games, and it was a bit flaky on the old firmware).

Since then, when it's in mode 2 or 4 (the two DInput modes), LEDBlinky doesn't recognize it. I already checked with Ultimarc since the notes mentioned LEDs wouldn't work with XInput modes but no mention of DInput, and was told there was an LEDBlinky update in progress or possibly released that would make it work again.

Since 7.0.2 doesn't seem to be the version where it works, I just wanted to make sure that was accurate info, and there is something coming to get that working. Not asking for an ETA, just making sure it's on the radar.

Yes, the next LEDBlinky release (7.0.3) will support the UIO gamepad mode. The update should be released in a week or so. If you would like this sooner, send me an email and I'll get you a patched version.
Robots will kill you.

Arcade Addiction