Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Looking for help with MAME ctrlr file...  (Read 457 times)

Warborg

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 28, 2024, 12:41:41 am
  • Personal text? Nah...
Looking for help with MAME ctrlr file...
« on: November 20, 2007, 04:19:48 pm »
Well, I posted this in the Software Forum, but didn't get much response so I figured I'd post here as well to see if I could get some help...  I just can't find any good documentation on ctrlr files for MAME, so if someone could either point me in the direction of some real documentation, or help me address this one issue...

I'd appreciate a little help for my mame.cfg file in the ctrlr folder...  I figured out the format well enough to define the buttons and joysticks for the actions I needed, but I'm having some problems with the P1 Dial settings...  I need to set it up to where it's reversed and define the speed/sensitivity in the default section.  I've entered it in as I thought it should be defined (using the tempest.cfg file in the cfg folder as an example), but I can't get it to take effect.  I know I can just configure the individual games, but it would be nice if I can set up the ctrlr file so I don't have to...   :)