Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyone have the UA II plans in AutoCad format?  (Read 2389 times)

jefurse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 20, 2008, 11:08:42 am
Anyone have the UA II plans in AutoCad format?
« on: November 10, 2007, 11:00:29 am »
I bought the Project Arcade book and it came with the plans in pdf format. I have a guy that is willing to cut it with his CNC machine if I can get the plans in a useable format. Just wondering if someono can help. Thanks.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2007, 10:32:34 am by jefurse »

Donkman

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 17, 2008, 05:23:25 pm
Re: Anyone have the UA II plans in AutoCad format?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2007, 01:30:55 pm »
 I have a CNC machine and a cad/cam program called Bobcad. I will be glad to reproduce the plans in cad format if I am not infringing any copyrights.  ;D
 I don't use IM, you can send me an email and I will be glad to help.

kegger

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2011, 10:59:14 am
  • There are no unsingable songs....
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2007, 07:06:05 pm »
I would think any reproduction of his plans would infringe on his copyrights without his permission. The right thing to do would be to email him and ask his permission.
I know when you purchase these plans from him he does password protect the file so only someone who bought the plans has access to them. Judging by how many people viewed this post and didn't reply probably means nobody wants to redistribute his plans without his permission.  Just my 2 cents.

Akuma

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2011, 07:51:30 am
  • lp, lp → lk, sp
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2007, 10:08:43 pm »
I would think any reproduction of his plans would infringe on his copyrights without his permission. The right thing to do would be to email him and ask his permission.
I know when you purchase these plans from him he does password protect the file so only someone who bought the plans has access to them. Judging by how many people viewed this post and didn't reply probably means nobody wants to redistribute his plans without his permission.  Just my 2 cents.

Just curious, who is he? He didn't get mentioned before, if I read correctly.

Even though I am reading in this message board for one and a half year now, I am not too familiar with the "historical" persons of the relatively young hobby of mame cab building. So, according to THE BOOK, the UA II plans were made by someone called GSXmoviestar (or something like that). And Mameroom bought them and sells them now, right?

Well, thinking about the copyright issue: On the other Hand, the plans come together with THE BOOK. So it should be okay to use them for yourself and a non profit and non commercial purpose. But I guess when the plans get transfered to someone else, that's against copyright law, ain't it? I could only think that it would be legal if you would bring the plans in person to the one doing the converting and stay with him until the conversion is done. Then take the converted plans and make sure no copy of the files remain on his harddrive.

Any lawyer please tell me if my thesis is legal and follows the US copyright law : )

Daniel B.

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2024, 09:02:49 am
  • Lightgun and Point Blank enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: December 27, 2007, 10:37:17 am »
If the plans come with the book, they are the property of the owner, I honestly wouldn't think that it would be a problem to convert the plans to cad/cam as long as they were not redistributed.

I'm not a lawyer though.
Namco Exceleena II (red) | Sega Astro City (needs ms9 monitor work)