Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Proper placement of monitor shelf  (Read 9074 times)

GAtekwriter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2011, 09:55:44 am
Proper placement of monitor shelf
« on: October 06, 2007, 06:32:51 pm »
Before I glue and make this permanent, I do have a question - in the book, it says to place the front of the monitor shelf flush with the front of the cabinet (I'm taking this to be the small vertical bit where the control panel will sit and cover).  But in the figure it shows the shelf seated about 3/4" back.  I've had a lot of confusion about what pieces are flush and what are 3/4" back - so can someone or Saint please clarify this little bit?  Thanks!  In the image, the speaker shelf and monitor shelf aren't permanently glued/screwed in yet.

Jim

Zebidee

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 25, 2024, 06:33:53 pm
Re: Proper placement of monitor shelf
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2007, 04:41:49 am »
I guess that you aren't planning on mounting the monitor tube by the corner mounts then?

The whole idea of a monitor shelf smacks of instability to me.  But I guess it is the only option in some cases.  Whatever makes your monitor fit?
Check out my completed projects!

GAtekwriter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 16, 2011, 09:55:44 am
Re: Proper placement of monitor shelf
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2007, 09:58:22 am »
I'll build a little something to secure the LCD panel inside when it's ready to be mounted - not worried about the LCD moving around or falling over.