Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 27” D9200 wells gardner that has a weak blue gun firing  (Read 2110 times)

TexasWalter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2012, 04:59:11 pm
27” D9200 wells gardner that has a weak blue gun firing
« on: September 29, 2007, 10:31:18 pm »
I just got it and the guy told me it has a weak blue gun. I can recap and install Flybacks but I have never dealt with the guns.
They are in the tube if I understand correctly so is the monitor dead?

Thanks
Walter

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: 27” D9200 wells gardner that has a weak blue gun firing
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 11:35:42 pm »
If the tube has a weak blue gun, you need to connect the tube to a special piece of test equipment called a rejuvenator (a.k.a. restorer/analyzer). With the test functions in the rejuvenator, you can see readouts of the conditions of the red, green, and blue guns. If 1 or more guns are weak, it may be possible for the rejuvenator to 'restore' the weak guns to full use/brightness again. Most tv repair shops have rejuvenators (some do not).

TexasWalter

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2012, 04:59:11 pm
Re: 27” D9200 wells gardner that has a weak blue gun firing
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2007, 05:37:24 pm »
Sorry for the delay

Thanks for the info