Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: White Vinyl, Mame Marquees, or other  (Read 2445 times)

csa3d

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 07, 2011, 08:16:35 am
  • Will game for food
    • Galaxian Mame Conversion
White Vinyl, Mame Marquees, or other
« on: August 24, 2007, 11:57:56 pm »
So my Galaxian is in the process of being primed, and before long, is going to need new reproduction artwork.  So far I've been in contact with Scott with Mame Marquees and Rich over at ThisOldGame.  Seems like so far, only Scott is has a full set of reproduction art printed on vinyl.  So here are my concerns and questions to the board:

1.  Has anyone had anything printed on white vinyl from Scott?  If so, do you have a close up angle showing me the texture of the vinyl?  I'm concerned it will look much smoother then the original artwork.

2.  Is there anyone who knows any supplier of white Vinyl which matches the Galaxian textured stuff?  If so, I'd love to get that information so I can get it over to Rich.

3.  Are there any other places that sell full sized reproduction artwork?

Thanks in advance.  I'd really like to stay as true to the original artwork as possible and want to ensure I'm not "settling" on something.

-csa

csa3d

• Offline Offline
  • Will game for food
Re: White Vinyl, Mame Marquees, or other
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 10:37:28 pm »
I take it no one has ever wanted white vinyl.  One last *bump* for good luck.

-csa

scottp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2016, 08:52:04 pm
    • Mame marquees and Side Art
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 11:46:14 pm »
for the galaxian side art i use a textured vinyl that matches closely to the original.  i can send references when i get back from vacation.

scott
http://www.gameongrafix.com

10% off Coupon for BYOAC members, just type in BYOAC at checkout

csa3d

• Offline Offline
  • Will game for food
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 09:54:50 pm »
for the galaxian side art i use a textured vinyl that matches closely to the original.  i can send references when i get back from vacation.

scott

Thanks scott.  Yes, do enjoy your vacation.  I'd love to get a sample or even nice shots showing off both the regular and super tough vinyls.   2 more weekends and I should be ready to order.  :cheers:

Level42

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 13, 2018, 01:56:39 am
  • A Suzo stick is a joy forever...
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2007, 05:12:04 am »
Rich of ThisOldGame sent me samples of the white vinyl he uses and alas, it is way too smooth IMHO.

I'm interested as well what Scott uses....if it's close enought to the original, I'd like some of it for the back/top of my Galaxian....

csa3d

• Offline Offline
  • Will game for food
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2007, 10:30:25 am »
Yeah

I have a feeling I won't be doing the vinyl on the non-art parts.  If I do, that will be a last priority.  I'm in the mood to finish this beast so I can friggin play some games!  I'll keep ya posted, and probably hit up Scott after Labor Day to see if he's got samples or at least pics available.

-csa