Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: light gun question  (Read 1472 times)

Trebeck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 11:01:21 am
  • "The Arcade" - Build #4
light gun question
« on: August 17, 2007, 04:53:05 pm »
Hey all,

I am thinking about buying 2 light guns for my cab but I have no idea how they connect or if they could connect.
My cab is a typical Mame/PC with an ipac and a 27in TV.  Can I put in 2 guns with this or do I need the equipment a dedicated cab would have?

Thanks
Beck

brock.sampson

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 31, 2018, 10:11:41 pm
Re: light gun question
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2007, 06:11:36 pm »
I went with two lcd topguns from playasia.com http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-1i-49-en-15-lcd%2Btopgun-70-16s7.html.  Came to $106 and some change after shipping.  I drilled some holes in my bezel so the leds on the light bars show through and mounted the bars with double sided auto trim tape.  You can see them in the second attachment.  I cut the cord off a usb mouse and use that to power the light bars.  I also bought an m solder dc plug and switch from radioshack so I can turn off the led bars when not in use.  I have been very happy with them so far.  I have not heard of a way to use actual arcade guns in mame.  There are some controller improvements in mame .118 that help as well.  I bought a couple of tool hangers from the local hardware store to use as holsters.  They are deep enough and covered with rubber so the guns don't slip off.  See attached shot.
DOC! YOU HAVE A TABLE OVER THERE WITH A SIGN THAT SAYS, "LASER DEATH RAY BARGAIN BIN!"

Hoopz

• Don't brand me a troublemaker!
  • Trade Count: (+8)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 11, 2024, 08:39:43 am
  • Intellivision Rocks!
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2007, 06:13:24 pm »
See attached shot.

Not the tallest guy in the world, are you?   ;D

Trebeck

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 11:01:21 am
  • "The Arcade" - Build #4
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2007, 05:59:38 pm »
Thanks Brock I'm going to look into this.
Let you all know how it goes.

-Beck