Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 6' skeeball  (Read 2219 times)

ski123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2007, 10:07:56 am
6' skeeball
« on: August 11, 2007, 12:08:12 pm »
I have been looking at the diy skeeball thread and the skeeball repro thread and decided I didn't have enough room for a full length skeeball.  Recently I went to the local amusement park and saw a shorter model of skeeball in the arcade.  It looked almost exactly like the longer ones, but shorter.  I believe it was an old model made by skeeball because it resembled the long ones that were next to it so much and they were also old models.  The only visible difference was the ball came out at the bottom of the ramp, the tickets were dispensed below the machine, there were no 100 holes, and the back where the holes were was slightly different.  The ten ring on the backboard was also different in that it was round instead of in a U shape and the balls were slightly smaller.  The machine was almost as fun as the larger ones, but was only 6' and would fit in a basement easily.  Does anyone know the ramp measurements, ball size, backboard (hole area) measurements, or any other measurements of this shorter type of skeeball machine or what dimensions would be the same as the larger machine?   

SithMaster

• Lets see how happy you are when you need to use a lawn mower and it keeps turning off when you want to cut up zombies.
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 12, 2014, 03:52:59 pm
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow.
Re: 6' skeeball
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2007, 01:12:13 pm »
Someone on here made a fullsize one so id start by searching for that.  Otherwise id just make up some dimensions to fit the space you have and how hard you want it to be (target size).  Offhand though id say the width would be the same.
Back in MY day we lived on the moon and we had to build a rocket ship from scratch to get to the Earth before we suffocated.

ski123

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2007, 11:44:50 pm »
I have read both of the post on this forum where the full sized skeeball machines were made and I was hoping somebody would have some information on the smaller machines so I can get my diy version of the machine as close to the original as possible.

Xiaou2

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 12, 2023, 05:41:19 pm
  • NOM NOM NOM
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2007, 01:18:11 pm »
Im sure you could make a fold up version... in which the ball ramp
could be folded in half for storage when not in use.   And or
detached for easier moves.

Smaller might be ok,  but I think after a while you may get too
good at it.  Thus the added length will help to keep you
challenged.

RichSorr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2015, 07:27:00 pm
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2007, 08:02:58 pm »
Im sure you could make a fold up version... in which the ball ramp
could be folded in half for storage when not in use.   And or
detached for easier moves.

Smaller might be ok,  but I think after a while you may get too
good at it.  Thus the added length will help to keep you
challenged.

Skee Ball actually made these on the portable versions of scat cats and the lightning models. They are no longer made, but they MIGHT have the hinges still, you could always call and ask about getting the part.

As for the shorter game. Skee Ball's Classic models come in 13' and 10'. There was also a kiddie version released called Skee Ball B.C.

Smart Industries also had a similar kiddie version called Toss Em

Over the years there have been TONS of custom alleys outfitted for different parks and arcades, but I really can't think of any games made by the actual company with a round 10 pocket.
No 100 pockets are pretty common.

ski123

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2007, 10:38:28 pm »
I found two pictures of the short machines on the internet.  I don't think they are a kiddie model, but they are made for smaller spaces.  The picture of the first machine is at                                                                            http://www.fourseasonsamusements.com/fullimages/skeeball_f.jpg
and the second is at
http://www.dannyveghs.com/skeeball.htm
The secon picture is of the machine that looks more like the Skeeball model.

RichSorr

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 29, 2015, 07:27:00 pm
« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2007, 02:04:45 am »
I found two pictures of the short machines on the internet.  I don't think they are a kiddie model, but they are made for smaller spaces.  The picture of the first machine is at                                                                            http://www.fourseasonsamusements.com/fullimages/skeeball_f.jpg
and the second is at
http://www.dannyveghs.com/skeeball.htm
The secon picture is of the machine that looks more like the Skeeball model.

ah ha. those are OLD. if you can get the cabinet dimensions the same, you can get most of the parts from skee ball. The ball rail/sensors (i would get the older actuator switches for a DIY machine).. channel covers, coin doors, even a backglass. fool everyone into thinking its a legit machine.

ski123

• Offline Offline
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2007, 12:24:49 pm »
Does anybody have a manual, a 6' skeeball machine they could measure, any idea of the possible dimensions, or a parts list for a short skeeball machine?  I would really like to get the dimensions as close to original as possible.
Thank you for the help!