Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: 2 MaLa questions  (Read 3394 times)

mark6437

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2020, 03:20:11 pm
  • THB2
2 MaLa questions
« on: August 06, 2007, 02:23:45 pm »
I am new to MaLA, been using MameWAH for years. Basically I have 2 easy questions:

1. We use the trackball to scroll through the game list. But when we roll the trackball it only scrolls one game at a time kinda slowly. So it takes forever to get to the end of the list. On MameWAH it scroleld pretty fast but in MaLA I cannot find where to speed it up.

2. The config button I have on my CP for exiting either MameWAH of MaLa is wired to the LCTRL input on my I-Pac. MaLa will not let me set LCTRL to exit. Any ideas on this one?

Thx
Mark

swindus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2021, 05:52:50 am
    • MaLa - M.A.M.E. Launcher
Re: 2 MaLa questions
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2007, 02:48:23 pm »
1. We use the trackball to scroll through the game list. But when we roll the trackball it only scrolls one game at a time kinda slowly. So it takes forever to get to the end of the list. On MameWAH it scroleld pretty fast but in MaLA I cannot find where to speed it up.
Did you change the repeat value for the mouse to a lower value?
Additional you can use the MaLa 'shift' key AND your trackball to scroll a complete page of games.

2. The config button I have on my CP for exiting either MameWAH of MaLa is wired to the LCTRL input on my I-Pac. MaLa will not let me set LCTRL to exit. Any ideas on this one?
Again the MaLa 'shift' key. By default the 'shift' key is set to CTRL and that makes it impossible to select it as normal key stroke (all 'shifted' keys are displayed in blue color). First you have to reassign the 'shift' key to another key or delete it with the right mouse button if you don't need it but have in mind, with the 'shift' key you can speed up the (mouse) scrolling a lot (jump one page, jump to next/previous letter).

Hope that helps.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 02:55:49 pm by swindus »

mark6437

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 23, 2020, 03:20:11 pm
  • THB2
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2007, 01:53:58 pm »
Wow thx! All of your suggestions worked!!

Mark

unclet

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2023, 07:34:43 pm
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2007, 04:00:47 pm »
Well, swindus wrote MALA so he is quite knowledgeable about it  ;D