Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: coin mech wiring  (Read 1218 times)

zoso

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 19, 2007, 05:45:07 pm
coin mech wiring
« on: July 12, 2007, 05:05:45 pm »
bought a hi-07cs coin mech and ipac from ultimarc, but not sure how to wire them together. the coin mech is drawing power from my pc power supply and works fine (accepts the right coins and rejects the wrong ones), but the problem is that it sends a 12v signal and the ipac just needs a simple switch. can anyone help me out?

lettuce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 31, 2021, 01:46:10 pm
  • Make It So!
Re: coin mech wiring
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 05:16:24 pm »
Im about to start to attempt connecting my MARS coin mech/credit board up to my I-PAC, which too also carries a 12v current. I believe you need to connect the terminal/wire labelled 'Pulse' on the coin mech/credit board to the 'Coin' screw terminal on the I-PAC but frist you have to step down the current otherwise you'll be sending a 12v current to the I-PAC which can only haddle upto a 5v current i believe?? So you have to add a resistor to the wire that it going to be connected from the coin mech to the I-PAC. Im not sure what type of resistor you need though, hopefully someone will be able to tell us