Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: ARcade VGA and MALA issues  (Read 1617 times)

shredso

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2020, 09:23:27 pm
  • I'm a llama!
ARcade VGA and MALA issues
« on: June 26, 2007, 10:41:10 pm »
Does anyone know of a tutorial or have some tips on configuring ArcadeVGA with MaLa?  I understand to get the full benefit of the AVGA I would be running the games at the original resolution.  I think MameWah may automatically change the resolutions, But I like Mala much better.  Any setup tips?  Also, when I start certain games the vertical sync goes crazy.  A lot of newer games do this (the Golden Tees) and for some reason Coors Light Bowling.  Thanks.

ED.

edge

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 30, 2023, 11:56:46 am
  • AttractMode and GroovyArcade rock!
Re: ARcade VGA and MALA issues
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2007, 07:58:45 am »
shredso...

You have a few options to help set your resolutions. Check out these links from an old post I found:

Gavin Benson produces one and so does Minwah.

http://mamewah.mameworld.net/ in the downloads section.

http://www.ultimarc.com/avgainst.html 3/4 way down the page.

shredso

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 27, 2020, 09:23:27 pm
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2007, 11:03:19 pm »
I double checked all the settings and everything is fine.  Certain games still look messed up.  The screen moves quickly like the vertical sync is off.  Is it possible that the monitor only supports certain resolutions or that the vertical sync needs to be set for each different resolution?

Anubis_au

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 15, 2023, 10:12:32 pm
  • Ever danced with the Devil in the pale moonlight?
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2007, 11:10:23 am »
shredso, MaLa (or any FE) only calls the mame executable when you select a game from your list of games.

Its the mame.ini file that has all the good stuff to get the benefit out of the ArcadeVGA.

Go look on the ultimarc website. it lists all the settings to put in your mame.ini file to get the use out of it. After that, everything should fall in place.