Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: I see some lightgun modding coming on..  (Read 2259 times)

Angry_Radish

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 24, 2020, 06:36:17 pm
I see some lightgun modding coming on..
« on: June 14, 2007, 11:32:01 am »
Saw this over at Kotaku, the new guncon..
Seems to work the same way as the lcd topgun, here's hoping we can mod it for our stuff!
 :cheers:
http://kotaku.com/gaming/reload/how-the-time-crisis-4-light-gun-works-268674.php

TheAdMan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2007, 02:10:32 pm
Re: I see some lightgun modding coming on..
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 02:29:48 pm »
hmmm, uses two markers (no led "strips") and he's standing a reasonable distance away, if it's accurate this could be promissing. - what's next, time travel?  ;)

Hey AngryRadish, if u want & haven't done so yet, vote in the LCD lightgun poll on page 2 of the main forum.

The Gun I was imagining when I started the poll is a lot like that Time Crisis gun, I always thought that the TC gun was the best gun in the arcades, I wonder if it has the reload action too.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 02:36:32 pm by TheAdMan »

RandyT

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 11, 2024, 09:55:31 am
  • Friends don't let friends hack keyboards.
    • GroovyGameGear.com
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 09:31:03 pm »
hmmm, uses two markers (no led "strips") and he's standing a reasonable distance away, if it's accurate this could be promissing. - what's next, time travel?  ;)

The picture was shot somewhat over this individual's shoulder, not in profile.  I'm guessing he's a good distance further away from that monitor than the photo shows.

I'd put him at 7 to 8 feet away..maybe more.

RandyT

TheAdMan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 07, 2007, 02:10:32 pm
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 10:48:47 pm »

I'd put him at 7 to 8 feet away..maybe more.

Ur talking about his body tho, right? - not the actual gun. - actually he is stll pretty far away from the screen (darn), kind of a deceiving picture tho, for a sec I thought he was shooting at the second monitor. He also seems to be concentratng really hard on aiming the gun (two hands)  :-\
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 10:56:09 pm by TheAdMan »

brandon

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 19, 2023, 03:08:43 pm
  • I <3 arcade games.
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 03:39:31 am »
from the articles Ive read it has motion sensing as well.. so to me it seems like the Wii remote with the nunchuk attached to the front ;)  There are already Wii drivers for PC.. has anybody tried them with Mame?  I've been away so long I dont know what the current "best" solution is.. still LCD TopGun?

NightGod

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 26, 2017, 06:59:58 pm
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 05:03:20 am »
He also seems to be concentratng really hard on aiming the gun (two hands)  :-\
"There are six buttons on the device and two analog sticks. One of them is placed on a "sub-grip" that you hold with your left hand, and another is on the barrel of the gun."

Guessing that's the reason for the two-handed grip.
$6.75 the hard way-one quarter at a time.