Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: skin resize  (Read 2485 times)

Karaokedude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2007, 12:21:00 pm
skin resize
« on: July 19, 2007, 10:10:55 am »
is there an easy way to resize the background image
i finally got hold of the trivues and decided to use the fronts only
and rebuild a deeper back
only problem is the screen is 20mm bigger than the glass so the top of the skin is not visible.
i can move the screen down about 10mm any ideas

Karaokedude

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 16, 2007, 12:21:00 pm
Re: skin resize
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 10:23:26 am »
i have positioned the monitor so that everything is now nearly visible but its very tight maybe 2-3 mm top and bottom still not visible

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: skin resize
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 12:02:14 pm »
The easiest way to do it is to run it in a window.  If your monitor is 1024x768, specify the Width and Height in jukebox.ini as, say, 1000 and 744 and you'll jet a jukebox that runs in a window.  Performance may suffer this way, though; I only use windowed modes for testing, it's possible that for extended use you might see hiccups in the music.

The next way to do it is to resize the background image.  Pull the background in to an image editor and select the option that adds pixels to the page rather than stretching the image.  So if you take the image up 50 pixels in both directions, you have a 25 pixel border around the image.  Now, though, all the interface elements are off.  So you need to edit the skin file and change any numbers that refer to a position, adding 25 to each of them.  Don't change numbers that specify widths or heights.

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com