Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: dual function button problems  (Read 1820 times)

bluntfingers

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2002, 06:04:47 am
  • Newbie but goodie
dual function button problems
« on: March 24, 2002, 02:45:44 pm »
On the Ultimarc site, Andy's installation guide says that you can wire one button to the i-pac and the same button to the opti-pac to have it function as both a control panel button and a mouse button.
I have done this but I am getting probs.
When running Mame32, I use the trackball to select a game I wish to play, but when I press the button that is connected for mouse left, (e.g select), it all goes weird.
I think the i-pac is sending the button code, then the opti-pac is sending the mouse code, and Mame gets confused.
Any ideas what I am talking about guys??
« Last Edit: December 31, 1969, 07:00:00 pm by 1026619200 »

J_K_M_A_N

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:24:05 am
Re: dual function button problems
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2002, 05:31:09 pm »
Well, it sounds like it is working, but it doesn't work well for Mame32 GUI. It would send the mouse click and probably a letter which makes it jump to that letter. I think the way he meant it to work was in a game. A GUI will get too many things sent to it and will act weird. The only thing I can think of is to wire the mouse button to the shift button (Button 4 of Player 1 in Mame setting). That shouldn't mess with your selection in the GUI. Good luck.

J_K_M_A_N

bluntfingers

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 07, 2002, 06:04:47 am
  • Newbie but goodie
Re: dual function button problems
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2002, 10:51:28 am »
Gotcha.
Thanks J-K-M-A-N. I will re-wire straight away.  ::)