Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Any experience or Red Rocket Retro? A UK based arcade shop with cabinet kits  (Read 1691 times)

Raitsa

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 29, 2024, 10:45:35 am
Hey guys, any of you have any experience of Red Rocket Retro?
http://www.redrocketretro.co.uk/index_files/Page317.htm

They sell "anything from video games parts to full size MAME cabinets, and now, slate bed pool tables, fruit machines and so much more".

I am about to order a cabinet kit (Korrupt) from them, any feedback on the quality of the kits etc. anyone?

Justin Z

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 15, 2024, 10:53:05 am
I have not had any experience but those prices sure seem steep to me.  Maybe it's just because the dollar is so weak right now.

Raitsa

• Offline Offline
I just cant seem to find a lot of shops who are willing to sell or ship kits to Finland, any good tips?  ;D

I have managed to get a friendīs company to handle the possible picking up & shipping the package from UK to me, the UK shipping companies were just too expensive.

grantspain

• I personally prefer "bog trotter"
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 08:53:20 am
you should try looking towards ebay in somewhere like germany to find cabs,i know its not next door but the shipping would be better,also what about russia

Raitsa

• Offline Offline
Thanks for the tips, I have checked the german and UK ebays every now & then, but havent really found anything i would have wanted to buy. The eastern option you mentioned i decide not to try ;)

Would love to hear more, but looks like not much experience of the RedRocketRetro available here.
I will proceed with them, and let u know how it goes.

Raitsa

• Offline Offline
An update of the status of my order:

The Mame cabinet kit i ordered from www.RedRocketRetro.co.uk is now safely in my garage, just arrived today.
The quality of the MDF-panels seem to be very good and the other, electronical etc parts were very well packed.

Now its time to get this thing built :)