Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Soft-15KHz - slim new tool for 15KHz on normal vga cards  (Read 775201 times)

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
Re: Soft-15KHz - slim new tool for 15KHz on normal vga cards
« Reply #1560 on: July 13, 2009, 09:10:58 pm »
Catalyst 6.5 ( http://files.arianchen.de/drivers/6-5_xp-2k_dd_32464.exe )

This seems to be the default driver set for cards before R3.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

Beretta

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2021, 02:11:30 pm
« Reply #1561 on: July 14, 2009, 06:13:37 pm »
ok so i stumble across some weird looking cables, one end has s-vid/composite the other vga connector.

it does'nt look to have any hardware in between.. so it looks like a purely electrical conversion here.

further more the composite has white and red as well should signifies left/right audio usually.

some people report it working others not.. i did'nt even think such a connection was possible.

the question is, what the hell are these cables? is it even possible to get a proper electrical connection with these? if so would soft-15khz work to put out a usable signal?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9813
here's one that does'nt have the white/red rca plugs.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10281
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4667
similar on other sites like amazon with same mix reviews: http://www.amazon.com/EFORCITY-VGA-S-Video-RCA-Adaptor/dp/B000P3UB24
Anyone got change for a dollar?
PLEASE HELP NEED Fastmame .70 and .9* releases

KissMyWookie

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2014, 04:57:34 pm
« Reply #1562 on: July 14, 2009, 06:55:49 pm »
ok so i stumble across some weird looking cables, one end has s-vid/composite the other vga connector.

it does'nt look to have any hardware in between.. so it looks like a purely electrical conversion here.

further more the composite has white and red as well should signifies left/right audio usually.

some people report it working others not.. i did'nt even think such a connection was possible.

the question is, what the hell are these cables? is it even possible to get a proper electrical connection with these? if so would soft-15khz work to put out a usable signal?

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.9813
here's one that does'nt have the white/red rca plugs.
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.10281
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.4667
similar on other sites like amazon with same mix reviews: http://www.amazon.com/EFORCITY-VGA-S-Video-RCA-Adaptor/dp/B000P3UB24

Those cables are purely adapters (special vga pins to composite/s-video/audio) designed to work only on compatible video cards. Though it would be helpful if the site said what video cards they were compatible with.

Steve

Beretta

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 20, 2021, 02:11:30 pm
« Reply #1563 on: July 14, 2009, 08:53:40 pm »
oh what a pitty, i figured it was to good to be true.  :hissy:
Anyone got change for a dollar?
PLEASE HELP NEED Fastmame .70 and .9* releases

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:32:03 pm
    • For Amusement Only e.V.
« Reply #1564 on: July 15, 2009, 03:24:33 am »
Actually those cables most likely are NOT for video cards, but for video projectors, which use them as input.

The only cards I know that output Composite Video/S-Video on the VGA Port are Matrox G450.
I do all that stuff even without a Joystick ;)
Soft-15kHz, cabMAME, For Amusement Only e.V.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1565 on: July 15, 2009, 06:20:53 pm »
Actually those cables most likely are NOT for video cards, but for video projectors, which use them as input.

The only cards I know that output Composite Video/S-Video on the VGA Port are Matrox G450.

This makes sense. Although it's possible one might use the cable above, the requirement being to send the right signal.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

xxkodemanxx

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 18, 2012, 12:50:47 pm
« Reply #1566 on: July 18, 2009, 10:21:07 pm »
hello.

I have these 2 video cards available to put into my Arcade PC and was curious which would be best recommended using your software.
Im playing MAME..also NES SNES and a DREAMCAST emulator.

i also don't have a j-pac. not sure if that is a problem or not.

here are the two cards:

XFX GeForce 8500 GT Graphics adapter - 512 MB - DDR2 SDRAM *my newer one*
and
ATI Radeon X1300 Pro 256MB

both are PCI-e

thanks!

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1567 on: July 23, 2009, 05:35:31 am »
The 8500GT most likely will need a EDID-Dongle.
I'd go for the x1300.

djbubba2002

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2010, 01:19:31 pm
« Reply #1568 on: July 23, 2009, 11:25:30 pm »
i think i got mine workin ... thanks for all of the help .. i got one ?

What is install 25khz and 30 khz for ... i only install 15khz on my UMK3 mach... pic is good ... is there a setting for diff games ... like would like to know ... and how can i set up the joystick ..  when i set it up to mame.... then when i set up snes and nes .. then my mame joysticks anit working , like block and run ... i am missing somethign ..

thanks

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1569 on: July 24, 2009, 03:49:41 am »
What is install 25khz and 30 khz for ...
Duo/Tripple/Multi-Sync Monitors that support additional resolutions.

and how can i set up the joystick ..  when i set it up to mame.... then when i set up snes and nes .. then my mame joysticks anit working , like block and run ...
That's gettin off-topic :)

Depends on the joystick.
For a Keyboard encoder (I-PAC, J-PAC etc.) you'd most likely open notepad and check if every button is working.
For "GamePad" devices (USB Joystick, A-PAC etc.) you'd open the GameController Config in the window control panel and check it there.

Usually youonly configuure every emulator once to match your joystick.

I think you should open a new topic with details on your setup if you need addition help with the joysticks.

djbubba2002

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2010, 01:19:31 pm
« Reply #1570 on: July 24, 2009, 09:36:15 am »
sorry SailorSat, i was gettin head of my self ....
what do you mean multi-sync?

Monitor
well-G 2k7193 something like that

On my J-pac when i turn it all on .. i have a orange,green and green light on.... is that good ...with no buzzzy sound .. i only here buzzy when the orange light is on .. when the green turns on ... it goes off.. i have three lights on, i just want to know if that is good ?   If not how can i fix it ?

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1571 on: July 24, 2009, 11:01:53 am »
Your Wells-Gardner most likely is a "Standard Res" monitor so just stay with the 15kHz modes.

There are monitors out there that support two (hence "DualSync") frequencies (15kHz and 25kHz) and even other monitors suport three ("TriSync") frequencies  (15, 25 and 31kHz).

The difference between a TriSync monitor and a real Multisync Monitor is simple.
TriSyncs will support three frequency ranges, 15.5-16.5kHz, 24.5-25.5 kHz and say 31.0-32.0kHz.
MultiSyncs support ONE frequency range from 15.5-31.5kHz including everything in between.

vet300

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 19, 2011, 04:07:40 pm
« Reply #1572 on: July 28, 2009, 03:50:47 pm »
Hi SailorSat,
I'm having issues with soft 15khz on my Nvidia GForce4 Ti4200 card. Have version 93.71 forceware installed.  Works fine on the desktop, but when I go into MAME I get some pulsating distortion only on the bottom half of the screen, and more when the screen is "busy" like with Robotron, or the intro screen to Ms. Pacman.  When I bring up Ms. Pacman, I get the distortion bowing to the right at the bottom of the screen, and it's pulsitile like it's going along with the scanlines, but when I start the game, the board is fine, all is normal.  I get similar effect when I pull up the test grid for Soft 15khz.  The first block grid is almost normal with slight bowing at the bottom, but the second grid with the circles has the pulsitile bowing when I bring it up.  I have 2 other computers, one with an Arcade VGA card, the other with an ATI Radeon card and soft 15Khz, and both work fine with no problems, so it can't be the monitor.
Do you think the drivers are too new for this card or what? 
Thanks for your time,
Sean

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1573 on: July 28, 2009, 04:43:08 pm »
Phew... Guess I need a new glass orb after all :D

Well as it seems to basically work in the first place I'm pretty clueless what causes the problem.

For reference a photo would be nice, but most likely I can't help you with that issue without having that card on my desk, and shipin it here would be more expensive than looking for another card.

KissMyWookie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1574 on: July 31, 2009, 01:44:27 pm »
I've finally got some good news for ATI users of Soft-15KHz...

When I switched from an nVidia card to an ATI Radeon HD 4550, I found that the "perfect" 320x224@59.185... Neo-Geo mode was no longer perfect. It had bars top and bottom, whereas on my old GeForce 6800GT it filled the entire screen.

I suspected a driver problem, so spent about 35+ hours trying to get AdvanceMame's video mode tool (ADVV) working under Linux - only to find out (by reading the source code) that note of the ATI Radeon HD's are supported by the Linux console frame buffer driver (radeonfb). What a waste of time!

After that disappointment, I tried tweaking the modelines file > reinstalling them with Soft-15KHz > rebooting > testing the mode.  This was performed about 20 times, adjusting the "vertical total lines"by 1 row at a time and seeing no change, until at one point the picture height jumped and suddenly it was too tall.

By experimenting, I'd found that the ATI Catalyst driver v9.6 (and below) was rounding-up the modeline's "vertical lines total" to the next value divisible-by-8. From what I had read, this was incorrect and rounding-to-8 should only be done on the horizontal width and horizontal total. So, I reported my findings to ATI/AMD around 2 weeks ago.

This morning I installed the latest Catalyst v9.7 driver and had my fingers crossed. There was no mention of that particular bug being fixed in the release notes, but after reinstalling the Soft-15KHz modes and rebooting, I found that my Neo-Geo mode was working correctly! (All I had to do was shift it horizontally a few pixels, so that it lined up correctly with the default 320x240 mode).

I'm really pleased about this and just wanted to share the good news  :applaud:

Steve
« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 01:53:23 pm by KissMyWookie »

alui

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 05, 2009, 11:01:01 pm
« Reply #1575 on: August 01, 2009, 03:00:21 pm »
What 320x224@59.185 modeline are you using that's working with the new 9.7 driver?  I think I might have the same problem as you ...

Thanks.

I've finally got some good news for ATI users of Soft-15KHz...

When I switched from an nVidia card to an ATI Radeon HD 4550, I found that the "perfect" 320x224@59.185... Neo-Geo mode was no longer perfect. It had bars top and bottom, whereas on my old GeForce 6800GT it filled the entire screen.

I suspected a driver problem, so spent about 35+ hours trying to get AdvanceMame's video mode tool (ADVV) working under Linux - only to find out (by reading the source code) that note of the ATI Radeon HD's are supported by the Linux console frame buffer driver (radeonfb). What a waste of time!

After that disappointment, I tried tweaking the modelines file > reinstalling them with Soft-15KHz > rebooting > testing the mode.  This was performed about 20 times, adjusting the "vertical total lines"by 1 row at a time and seeing no change, until at one point the picture height jumped and suddenly it was too tall.

By experimenting, I'd found that the ATI Catalyst driver v9.6 (and below) was rounding-up the modeline's "vertical lines total" to the next value divisible-by-8. From what I had read, this was incorrect and rounding-to-8 should only be done on the horizontal width and horizontal total. So, I reported my findings to ATI/AMD around 2 weeks ago.

This morning I installed the latest Catalyst v9.7 driver and had my fingers crossed. There was no mention of that particular bug being fixed in the release notes, but after reinstalling the Soft-15KHz modes and rebooting, I found that my Neo-Geo mode was working correctly! (All I had to do was shift it horizontally a few pixels, so that it lined up correctly with the default 320x240 mode).

I'm really pleased about this and just wanted to share the good news  :applaud:

Steve

KissMyWookie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1576 on: August 01, 2009, 06:45:53 pm »
What 320x224@59.185 modeline are you using that's working with the new 9.7 driver?  I think I might have the same problem as you ...

Thanks.
Soft-15KHz does not have a 320x224 modeline by default - I made my own and added it to my custom user modes.

This one lined up precisely with SailorSat's 320x240 mode, using my old nVidia 6800GT card:
Code: [Select]
Modeline "320x224_NeoGeo (59.185606Hz)" 6.1231 320 344 392 424 224 225 227 244 -hsync -vsync
Under Catalyst 9.7 and my new Radeon HD 4550, I had to shift it to the right a bit to line up better:
Code: [Select]
Modeline "320x224_NeoGeo (59.185606Hz)" 6.1231 320 351 399 424 224 225 227 244 -hsync -vsync
With the ATI card output, it looks a couple of pixel rows taller than it did on the nVidia card, so I might fix that some time, but I'm happy with it for now.

Steve

PS: You might have to force MAME to use that resolution - which is easy under MAMEUI. In the "Screen" tab, set Screen to "\\.\DISPLAY1" or "\\.\DISPLAY2" (there's a bug that -on my computer- only shows some of the resolutions under one and more resolutions under the other). Then set Resolution Size to "320x224".
« Last Edit: August 01, 2009, 06:55:35 pm by KissMyWookie »

KissMyWookie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1577 on: August 04, 2009, 02:43:27 am »
SailorSat - I've found something interesting... not sure if it only applies to Catalyst 9.7 drivers or before.

I have a Radeon HD 4550 card running the latest Catalyst 9.7 drivers on Windows XP 32-bit.
Tonight I realized that I can open my usermodes.txt file and make changes, then open Soft15KHz->"Uninstall"->"Install User"->Close Soft15KHz. Then when I open a game (with the mode I made changes to) in MameUI, the resolution/timings I see are the ones I just installed (without rebooting)

I'm not sure if it's me, but it didn't seem to work 100% of the time. One important thing seems to be closing Soft15KHz after uninstalling->installing user modes.

This is going to save me a hell of a lot of time tweaking modes, as hopefully I won't have to reboot nearly as much. It could also make it a lot easier for you, if you wanted to add a mode adjusting feature to Soft15KHz at some time in the future.

On another point, something I have noticed that may cause driver problems, is that Soft15KHz restores the old registry backup if the graphics card drivers are updated - I found this because the information panel was saying that "Display 0" had Catalyst 9.6 drivers, while "Display 1" said the correct 9.7. Fortunately, with the ATI drivers, if I delete the entire registry key and reboot, the driver will recreate a new set of defaults in the registry - which is easier than removing and reinstalling the drivers if something gets screwed up.

Also, I've been meaning to ask how your program handles white-space or commenting in the user files. (ie: "#" or "//"  single line comments, or  "/*" and "*/" C style block commenting.) Can I put a comment after a modeline instead of at the beginning of a line?

One last thing, how many decimal places should I put for pixel-clock MHz rates? I'm sure there must be a limit, but didn't see it listed anywhere.

Steve  :)

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1578 on: August 04, 2009, 08:07:40 am »
SailorSat - I've found something interesting... not sure if it only applies to Catalyst 9.7 drivers or before.
Tonight I realized that I can open my usermodes.txt file and make changes, then open Soft15KHz->"Uninstall"->"Install User"->Close Soft15KHz. Then when I open a game (with the mode I made changes to) in MameUI, the resolution/timings I see are the ones I just installed (without rebooting)

There actually has to be a way to "force" reloading of the resolutions in a more "global" way.
Though in your case that really should save some time.

On another point, something I have noticed that may cause driver problems, is that Soft15KHz restores the old registry backup if the graphics card drivers are updated

You shouldn't update the drivers while Soft-15kHz is installed as new drivers may also change some values that could force your card back into 31kHz mode.

Also, I've been meaning to ask how your program handles white-space or commenting in the user files

Actually it doesn't... I only check each line for the first parameter being "modeline" or "remove".
You should be able to write comments behind each line, but have at least one "space" before starting your comments.

One last thing, how many decimal places should I put for pixel-clock MHz rates?

Theoretically theres no limit as in most calculations I use "Single" precision values which is most likely more than we need.

However the limit is driver sides:

- 3Dfx, ATI and NVidia use steps of 10kHz so 0.01 would be your lowest possible value.

- Matrox and Intel drivers (both EGD and GMA) use steps of 1kHz allowing for 0.001 values.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1579 on: August 04, 2009, 10:10:17 pm »

On another point, something I have noticed that may cause driver problems, is that Soft15KHz restores the old registry backup if the graphics card drivers are updated - I found this because the information panel was saying that "Display 0" had Catalyst 9.6 drivers, while "Display 1" said the correct 9.7. Fortunately, with the ATI drivers, if I delete the entire registry key and reboot, the driver will recreate a new set of defaults in the registry...

Yeah, I've run into trouble with that and now habitually delete those files.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

krick

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 08, 2023, 08:30:27 pm
  • Gotta have blue hair.
« Reply #1580 on: August 04, 2009, 10:17:04 pm »

Fortunately, with the ATI drivers, if I delete the entire registry key and reboot, the driver will recreate a new set of defaults in the registry - which is easier than removing and reinstalling the drivers if something gets screwed up.

What key would that be?  I think that would be useful to have in my arsenal.
Hantarex Polo 15KHz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7750 2GB (GCN)
GroovyMAME 0.197.017h_d3d9ex
CRT Emudriver & CRT Tools 2.0 beta 13 (Crimson 16.2.1 for GCN cards)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7-4790K @ 4.8GHz
ASUS Z87M-PLUS Motherboard

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1581 on: August 06, 2009, 05:33:30 pm »

Fortunately, with the ATI drivers, if I delete the entire registry key and reboot, the driver will recreate a new set of defaults in the registry - which is easier than removing and reinstalling the drivers if something gets screwed up.

They're the little 'key' files that are created in the soft15 folder.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

KissMyWookie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1582 on: August 07, 2009, 12:07:37 am »

They're the little 'key' files that are created in the soft15 folder.

They're just backups from the registry.

The actual registry key locations can be found in those files though. The newer Catalyst drivers store their settings under like HKLM\system\CurrentControlSet\Services\ati2mtag.

Don't go messing around with the registry unless you know what you're doing though - or can recover from a recent backup - as it's easy to make your system non-bootable.

Steve

« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 12:09:10 am by KissMyWookie »

KissMyWookie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1583 on: August 07, 2009, 12:29:17 am »
SailorSat - I've found a bug in Soft-15kHz that makes it crash on starting, if I have certain comments in my UserModes.txt file.

If I have the following anwhere in my UserModes.txt file, Soft-15kHz crashes as the program is launched:
# The mode's settings were ... blah blah blah

I tracked it down from a bunch of comments and it has something to do with the single quote (apostrophe) - either by itself or possibly with the letters around it.

The error is:
Run-time error '5':
Invalid procedure call or argument

I know you could say "don't use comments in the file", but with the size that my UserModes file is getting, it would be really useful to be able to put comments in it.

Steve
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 03:20:07 am by KissMyWookie »

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1584 on: August 07, 2009, 06:29:00 am »
I think I know why the crash happens.
Try placing a SECOND ' in the comment line.

Guess I should rewrite that routines anyway :)

KissMyWookie

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1585 on: August 07, 2009, 03:46:54 pm »
I think I know why the crash happens.
Try placing a SECOND ' in the comment line.

Guess I should rewrite that routines anyway :)

Thank you.
Much appreciated!  ;D

PS: The second apostrophe allowed Soft-15kHz to process the UserModes.txt file and start properly.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 03:50:55 pm by KissMyWookie »

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1586 on: August 08, 2009, 07:47:59 pm »
Advancemame rc files can get pretty extensive, too. Not all the same stuff, but parts, like mode and clock data for various games, can be so I just space sections out. Also, I use wordpad, which automatically goes full screen on open every time, and you can actually use the scroll wheel-drag thing. Notepad is fine for small stuff, but a pain in the ass, otherwise.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Mickelonis

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 24, 2017, 06:23:25 pm
« Reply #1587 on: August 09, 2009, 12:55:41 am »
New to this, so forgive me if this is a dumb question..

Does Soft 15hz work on Vista 64, or Xp 64?

Thanks!

-Pete

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1588 on: August 09, 2009, 07:34:03 am »
XP 64 works fine.
Vista 64 doesn't work.
Seven 64 should work.

mopnkezza

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 18, 2009, 10:11:21 am
« Reply #1589 on: August 10, 2009, 03:03:11 am »
Hey guys, some cool stuff going on round here. Just finished our first mame cabinet with a nice phillips tube rom a metz and it's all working pretty nice with a vga->scart cable ect.
We just have one problem that we can't figure out.
Games like sf2 seem to pick the 392x240 res which works fine i switched in windows (nvidia taskbar icon),
but when mame switches to that res by itself, there si wierd sync artifacts on the screen.
We took a video to demonstrate.

First you can see us switch to 392x240 with nvidia taskbar icon, which looks fine
Then in mame, the screen is corrupted.

Can anyone explain this???

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1590 on: August 10, 2009, 06:24:43 pm »
Then in mame, the screen is corrupted.

What does it look like in-game vs that menu?
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

mopnkezza

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1591 on: August 10, 2009, 07:27:42 pm »
What does it look like in-game vs that menu?

All games at 392x240 via mame have that screen corruption in-game.

If I turn switchres off and set the desktop to 392x240 though they work fine.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1592 on: August 12, 2009, 05:13:23 pm »
Mmm. Just being sure. Well, it comes to mind that the game itself may 'force' slightly different behavior from the mode. ?  What version of mame are you using?  And if after the re-write, are you using 'refreshspeed'?
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

mopnkezza

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1593 on: August 12, 2009, 09:23:06 pm »

Playing with it a bit more, I've noticed than with some games the screen returns to normal in-game.

Using mame 0.133. I haven't tried the refresh speed option. is it enabled by default? Will check when I get back to the cabinet and see if it effects anything.

cheers

candycabguy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 27, 2009, 12:47:10 pm
« Reply #1594 on: August 16, 2009, 12:17:49 pm »
http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php?topic=95350.msg1003783

ANY soft15 help here MOST appreciated!:)

Lee

candycabguy

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 27, 2009, 12:47:10 pm
« Reply #1595 on: August 16, 2009, 02:14:42 pm »
seems I need a dongle for my 8400 GS Nvidia, where are they available?  Link?  How much?  Am I better off getting a new card?  Thanks!

Lee

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1596 on: August 16, 2009, 02:23:14 pm »
Get a new card.
Go for a Radeon HD 4350 or something like that.

Ummon

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1597 on: August 16, 2009, 07:50:33 pm »
Get a new card.
Go for a Radeon HD 4350 or something like that.

Fnord.
Yo. Chocolate.

Stephen Hawking

Epyx

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 25, 2023, 07:56:36 pm
  • "You're an oddity"
« Reply #1598 on: August 17, 2009, 05:09:36 pm »
Contemplating going with Soft15khz for a future build (I currently have the ArcadeVGA2 in another).

QUESTION:

What would be the fastest (in terms of 3d) card that is still the most compatible with 15khz modes? ATI 4670?
Last Project

Epyx Tutorials:
Tutorials

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1599 on: August 17, 2009, 07:23:13 pm »
Currently should be the ATI Radeon HD 4890 (or whatever is the top model in the HD 4000 series)

But currently I don't think anyone has tested such a monster :D