Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Soft-15KHz - slim new tool for 15KHz on normal vga cards  (Read 775237 times)

SailorSat

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Today at 02:32:03 pm
    • For Amusement Only e.V.
Re: Soft-15KHz - slim new tool for 15KHz on normal vga cards
« Reply #1360 on: February 06, 2009, 07:28:37 pm »
Unlocking Lowres Modes on GeForce 8, 9, GTX series.
I do all that stuff even without a Joystick ;)
Soft-15kHz, cabMAME, For Amusement Only e.V.

bent98

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2019, 03:35:00 pm
  • Hyperspin Moderator
« Reply #1361 on: February 07, 2009, 08:12:13 am »

sailor

So are you saying that with this dongle I can use a Nvidia GTX290 and get all the screens resolutions the ATI's get? Also Will the work with Vista 64 drivers?

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1362 on: February 07, 2009, 08:42:30 am »
GTX yes.
Vista 64 no.

dmauro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2009, 12:48:29 pm
« Reply #1363 on: February 07, 2009, 01:58:46 pm »
I used those geforce 7 series resolution fixes, and they worked great on the 15KHz resolutions. But would someone be able to help me come up with new modelines for these following resolutions that are rolling:
512x288
800x600
1024x768

They don't double up or anything, just something about the refresh rates is making them roll. Thanks!

northerngames

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 09, 2016, 04:18:51 pm
« Reply #1364 on: February 07, 2009, 04:16:20 pm »
I would definatly be interested in the adaptor if they become available for sale.

isucamper

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2019, 05:13:08 pm
  • I'm a slasher... of prices!!
    • my project arcade blog
« Reply #1365 on: February 09, 2009, 12:16:26 am »
Here's a question for all the resolution guru's.  I've got a WG D9800.  I'm running windows XP and I've got a PC with an onboard Nvidia 6150.

I got Soft-15Khz going on it last week, and most of the games look spectacular (SailorSat, you really desearve a medal or something for hooking us all up with this).  However, on a few of the games, the geometry on my monitor is pretty bad, and no amount of tweaking of the digital settings can fix it.

In particular, Mortal Kombat (running at 401x256 I believe) and Paperboy (running at one of the 25 Khz rezes) both have an hourglass like shape to the picture.  I can't get rid of the it no matter how much I tweak the monitor settings.  I don't get why these resolutions look so weird, while all of the more conventional resolutions look just fine. 
THE SYSTEM          Popeye

dmauro

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2009, 12:48:29 pm
« Reply #1366 on: February 09, 2009, 01:09:30 pm »
About how much do you think those dongles will cost? I have a spare 8800GTS so I would be interested in one.

Haggar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2017, 05:12:32 am
« Reply #1367 on: February 12, 2009, 03:06:51 am »
Unlocking Lowres Modes on GeForce 8, 9, GTX series.

Will this work also with newer ATi's?
So we can get low res + no limit on the number of res (limit that nvidia has, right?).
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 03:08:40 am by Haggar »

Fancy Feast

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2012, 01:31:32 am
« Reply #1368 on: February 12, 2009, 11:46:17 pm »
Hi there,
I finally decided to register here because I'm pulling my hair out looking for a good video solution for my cabinet.

First off, I'm wondering if there are any video cards that i could find at an actual store that are compatible with soft 15khz (obviously geforce 8 &9 are out of the question, but what about ATI).  The reason I ask is because I just ordered a Radeon X1950, and when I opened it the damn thing had two DVI ports despite everything from the ad right down to the invoice listing (and showing) a VGA port. :banghead:

So yeah, I'm stuck looking for a pci-e card with native vga that is faster than the arcadeVGA.

Failing that, I'd love some more info on the adapter everyone's been talking about for the last page or so.

PS: kinda off topic, but is there an XP64-bit driver for the arcadeVGA?  Cuz if I have to fall back on that piece of junk I really don't wanna go back to vista :cry:

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1369 on: February 13, 2009, 02:20:13 am »
Will this work also with newer ATi's?
Not yet. Still haven't found out how to get lowres from those ATIs.

First off, I'm wondering if there are any video cards that i could find at an actual store that are compatible with soft 15khz (obviously geforce 8 &9 are out of the question, but what about ATI).  The reason I ask is because I just ordered a Radeon X1950, and when I opened it the damn thing had two DVI ports despite everything from the ad right down to the invoice listing (and showing) a VGA port. :banghead:
Actually just use a DVI-VGA Adapter. They are pure mechanical and don't change any signal.

Failing that, I'd love some more info on the adapter everyone's been talking about for the last page or so.
Well, I've built a dongle so you can use GeForce 8, 9, GTX and newer stuff for lowres.
However there are only 10 right now, which I wired by hand.

PS: kinda off topic, but is there an XP64-bit driver for the arcadeVGA?  Cuz if I have to fall back on that piece of junk I really don't wanna go back to vista :cry:
As far as I know, there are no XP64 drivers for it.

Fancy Feast

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 21, 2012, 01:31:32 am
« Reply #1370 on: February 13, 2009, 02:51:08 am »
Thanks for clearing some of that up, Sailor.

About the DVI-VGA adapter, I tried using that with another X1950 but when I feed it to my Betson tri-sync monitor, 640x480 is the only resolution that displays right.

800x600 comes in at 50hz, and on lower resolutions the monitor freaks out and gives absurdly high refresh rates.  After doing some reading in here I got the impression that an adapter wouldn't cut it and that something about the basic nature of DVI prevented it from outputting low resolutions.

That's what made me go hunting for VGA version of the card, but it's certainly possible that I just made a dumb assumption.
If I've overlooked some other minor yet crucial detail in setting this up, I'd be grateful to know what it is.

I'm not sure why this didn't occur to me sooner, but is soft 15khz even compatible with the XP 64bit driver model, cuz I just noticed the FAQ does'nt mention it specifically.  If not, that certainly explains things. :o

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1371 on: February 13, 2009, 03:14:17 am »
It does work with XP64, but you may need to tweak some modelines for your x1950 card.

northerngames

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1372 on: February 13, 2009, 12:22:43 pm »
I run a sapphire X1950 PRO 512MB DDR3 AGP through a DVI to VGA adapter and everything is great and it is also the strongest vga card that was made.

Runnng on Xp Pro Sp3

no vista or 64bit OS although the processor is a AMD 64bit but not the OS. 

Tinydane

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 29, 2010, 04:21:59 pm
« Reply #1373 on: February 13, 2009, 06:12:46 pm »
35 pages of post reading and I still can't seem to grasp what I'm supposed to be doing...man i feel dense.

Anyways, I have Radeon HD4350 card.  Right now i have the vga plugged into a regular flat screen monitor (so i can read and research my issues).  My arcade setup i'm trying for it to connect the dvi to the component inputs on my 27" Ilo tv.

When I hook up the dvi to the tv all i get is "no signal detected".  I loaded powerstrip the other day and messed around with that only to get where I tried the 640x480i arcade mode and that didnt change anything.  But when I manually move the counter on the refersh down to around 30khz i get scrolling purple lines.  thats about all i can get.

So i tried loading your software but cant quite figure out what i'm supposed to be doing.  I downloaded the quickres and have that running and i click on your soft15 executable.  That opens up the window where i see two adapter entries.  It doesnt matter which I click on though none of the install buttons go active to let me actually install anything.

I feel like i'm missing even the basic first steps here before i even get into messing with resolution changes and dont know what to do next.

How do i get the install buttons to activate?

If this does actually work and i get a signal to my tv from the video card thats legible, do i then setup the computer to auto run the soft15 and quickres software at bootup going forward to use mame?

Thanks for the patience and assistance.

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1374 on: February 13, 2009, 06:21:37 pm »
Anyways, I have Radeon HD4350 card.  Right now i have the vga plugged into a regular flat screen monitor (so i can read and research my issues).  My arcade setup i'm trying for it to connect the dvi to the component inputs on my 27" Ilo tv.
Err... DVI to Component Oo
Never seen a cable like that before.
I can't tell if it actually would do anything.

Whatver...

So i tried loading your software but cant quite figure out what i'm supposed to be doing.  I downloaded the quickres and have that running and i click on your soft15 executable.  That opens up the window where i see two adapter entries.  It doesnt matter which I click on though none of the install buttons go active to let me actually install anything.
Hm... What driver and what OS are you using?

If this does actually work and i get a signal to my tv from the video card thats legible, do i then setup the computer to auto run the soft15 and quickres software at bootup going forward to use mame?
All settings will be stored in the registry so you don't have to rerun Soft-15kHz.
However you may add QuickRes if you plan to switch through resolutions.

Please note QuickRes online works with the "primary" Display adapter in Windows, which I think will be your FlatScreen Monitor.

northerngames

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1375 on: February 13, 2009, 07:07:55 pm »

try it on the C: drive instead of destop if you have not done so already.

Tinydane

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1376 on: February 14, 2009, 10:30:40 am »
Err... DVI to Component Oo
Never seen a cable like that before.
I can't tell if it actually would do anything.

Whatver...

Hm... What driver and what OS are you using?

All settings will be stored in the registry so you don't have to rerun Soft-15kHz.
However you may add QuickRes if you plan to switch through resolutions.

Please note QuickRes online works with the "primary" Display adapter in Windows, which I think will be your FlatScreen Monitor.

As far as the DVI to component..what do most folks use to connect their dvi out from the graphics card to their monitor/tv?  I thought DVI to component was viable no?  If not what other means are there to connect to an SDTV?  My ILO tv has composite, component and svideo inputs on it.

As far as the drivers I"m using the 9.1 catalyst set from ATI for my HD4350 card.  I'm running windows XP as the OS on the pc.

If i can't get a signal to the tv out of the dvi how can i enable it as the primary display to use quickres?

Thanks

northerngames

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1377 on: February 14, 2009, 11:29:25 am »
your card should have a S-video port between the two DVI ports and it also should have came with a converter that breaks out into a RGB cable.

I use DVI to VGA adapter also included with the card and have it running to a arcade monitor.

I never tried anything on a regular tv becuase I heard the picture is not even close to the arcade monitor display quality so I am no help there with TV anything.

Tinydane

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1378 on: February 15, 2009, 08:35:28 am »
The svideo out works fine except that the image quality on a lot of the games is fuzzy/shifted looking.  Thats what prompted me to try to use the DVI output on the video card instead of the svideo and run dvi to component into the tv.

This is where my problem is.  It doesnt recognize any signal coming out dvi to component so I think I need to mess around with the different resolution/refresh rate and was hoping to use soft15 for that but can't get it to work.  None of the install buttons on soft15 are enabled when I run the program they're all greyed out.

northerngames

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1379 on: February 15, 2009, 10:16:25 am »
do you have the soft15K folder on your C: drive?

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1380 on: February 15, 2009, 10:42:18 am »
Most likely Catalyst 9 is no more compatible.
Guess I'll need to take a look into it once my new test rig is ready.

Tinydane

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1381 on: February 16, 2009, 01:47:24 pm »
Yes..I have the folder on my computer.  I am able to run the program and it starts and shows me my driver but when I select it the buttons on the bottom are all disabled so I cant actually install any 15khz or 30khz etc resolutions.

Twin-X

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 26, 2018, 05:59:44 pm
  • Yes this avatar was stolen too!!!
« Reply #1382 on: February 16, 2009, 02:08:42 pm »
Most likely Catalyst 9 is no more compatible.
Guess I'll need to take a look into it once my new test rig is ready.

Nope it works for me. Running xp 64 tough.

northerngames

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1383 on: February 16, 2009, 10:40:29 pm »
I believe and pretty sure I am running the most current ati drivers on the X1950 pro also.

AbyssUK

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2010, 08:24:06 am
« Reply #1384 on: February 19, 2009, 04:39:44 pm »
Hi Guys,

I have a jpac on order and I hope to use soft15khz to use my cabinet as a second display on my ATI 4850HD using winxp 64. HAs anybody had experiance using the 4xxx HD ATI cards ?

Cheers

AbyssUK

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
« Reply #1385 on: February 21, 2009, 05:50:45 pm »
Look through the thread.
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

BASS!

• Just have fun.
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 10, 2013, 03:12:33 am
« Reply #1386 on: February 24, 2009, 04:04:38 am »
Man, am I the only one that thinks that this thread should just be merged into a wiki? 35 pages sure is a doosy

BASS!

• Just have fun.
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #1387 on: February 24, 2009, 04:34:23 am »
K got my new system! I'm running xp 64 bit with a radeon x850. Right now I am at the point of trying to pick a compatible driver and having issues. Do you happen to know which set is workable, or if 64bit with this card is just no bueno? This is the list of driver versions I can get for xp64

Catalyst 9.1
   January 29, 2009
Catalyst 8.12
   December 10, 2008
Catalyst 8.11
   November 12, 2008
Catalyst 8.10
   October 15, 2008
Catalyst 8.9
   September 17, 2008
Catalyst 8.8
   August 20, 2008
Catalyst 8.7
   July 21, 2008
Catalyst 8.6
   June 18, 2008
Catalyst 8.5
   May 21, 2008
Catalyst 8.4
   April 16, 2008
Catalyst 8.3
   March 5, 2008
Catalyst 8.2
   February 13, 2008
Catalyst 8.1
   January 16, 2008
Catalyst 7.12
   December 20, 2007
Catalyst 7.11
   November 21, 2007

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1388 on: February 24, 2009, 04:36:45 am »
The following links is for XP(32) but the "supported cards" should match the with the XP64 drivers too.

Catalyst 8.11   9500-HD4870   Dec. 10, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat812-xp.html
Catalyst 8.11   9500-HD4800   Nov. 12, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat811-xp.html
Catalyst 8.10   9500-HD4800   Oct. 15, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat810-xp.html
Catalyst 8.9   9500-HD4800   Sept. 17, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat89-xp.html
Catalyst 8.8   9500-HD4800   Aug. 20, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat88-xp.html
Catalyst 8.7   9500-HD4800   July 21, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat87-xp.html
Catalyst 8.6   9500-HD3800   June 16, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat86-xp.html
Catalyst 8.5   9500-HD3800   May 21, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat85-xp.html
Catalyst 8.4   9500-HD3800   April 16, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat84-xp.html
Catalyst 8.3   9500-HD3800   March 5, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat83-xp.html
Catalyst 8.2   9500-HD3800   Feb. 13, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat82-xp.html
Catalyst 8.1   9500-HD3800   Jan. 16, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat81-xp.html

Catalyst 7.12   9500-HD3800   Dec. 20, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat712-xp.html
Catalyst 7.11   9500-HD3800   Nov. 21, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat711-xp.html
Catalyst 7.10   9500-HD2900   Oct. 11, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat710-xp.html
Catalyst 7.9   9500-HD2900   Sept. 10, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat79-xp.html
Catalyst 7.8   9500-HD2900   Aug. 13, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat78-xp.html
Catalyst 7.7   9500-HD2900   July 19, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat77-xp.html
Catalyst 7.6   9500-HD2900   June 25, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat76-xp.html
Catalyst 7.5   9500-HD2900   May 31, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat75-xp.html
Catalyst 7.4   9500-x1950   April 18, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat74-xp.html
Catalyst 7.3   9500-x1950   Mar. 28, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat73-xp.html
Catalyst 7.2   9500-x1950   Feb. 21, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat72-xp.html
Catalyst 7.1   9500-x1950   January 10, 2007   http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat71-xp.html

Catalyst 6.12   9500-x1950   Dec. 13, 2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat612-xp.html
Catalyst 6.11   9500-x1950   November 15,2006   http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat611-xp.html
Catalyst 6.10   9500-x1900   Oct. 31, 2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat610-xp.html
Catalyst 6.9   9500-x1900   Sept. 20, 2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat69-xp.html
Catalyst 6.8   9500-x1900   Aug. 18, 2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat68-xp.html
Catalyst 6.7   9500-x1900   July 28, 2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat67-xp.html
Catalyst 6.6   9500-x1900   June 26, 2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat66-xp.html
Catalyst 6.5   7000-x1900   May 24,2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat65-xp.html
Catalyst 6.4   7000-x1900   April 12, 2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat64-xp.html
Catalyst 6.3   7000-x1900   March 8, 2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat63-xp.html
Catalyst 6.2   7000-x1900   February 9, 2006   http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat62-xp.html
Catalyst 6.1   7000-x1800   January 18, 2006   http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat61-xp.html

BASS!

• Just have fun.
  • Offline Offline
« Reply #1389 on: February 24, 2009, 04:58:02 am »
The following links is for XP(32) but the "supported cards" should match the with the XP64 drivers too.

Catalyst 8.11   9500-HD4870   Dec. 10, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat812-xp.html
Catalyst 8.11   9500-HD4800   Nov. 12, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat811-xp.html
Catalyst 8.10   9500-HD4800   Oct. 15, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat810-xp.html
Catalyst 8.9   9500-HD4800   Sept. 17, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat89-xp.html
Catalyst 8.8   9500-HD4800   Aug. 20, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat88-xp.html
Catalyst 8.7   9500-HD4800   July 21, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat87-xp.html
Catalyst 8.6   9500-HD3800   June 16, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat86-xp.html
Catalyst 8.5   9500-HD3800   May 21, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat85-xp.html
Catalyst 8.4   9500-HD3800   April 16, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat84-xp.html
Catalyst 8.3   9500-HD3800   March 5, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat83-xp.html
Catalyst 8.2   9500-HD3800   Feb. 13, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat82-xp.html
Catalyst 8.1   9500-HD3800   Jan. 16, 2008      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat81-xp.html

Catalyst 7.12   9500-HD3800   Dec. 20, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat712-xp.html
Catalyst 7.11   9500-HD3800   Nov. 21, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat711-xp.html
Catalyst 7.10   9500-HD2900   Oct. 11, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat710-xp.html
Catalyst 7.9   9500-HD2900   Sept. 10, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat79-xp.html
Catalyst 7.8   9500-HD2900   Aug. 13, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat78-xp.html
Catalyst 7.7   9500-HD2900   July 19, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat77-xp.html
Catalyst 7.6   9500-HD2900   June 25, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat76-xp.html
Catalyst 7.5   9500-HD2900   May 31, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat75-xp.html
Catalyst 7.4   9500-x1950   April 18, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat74-xp.html
Catalyst 7.3   9500-x1950   Mar. 28, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat73-xp.html
Catalyst 7.2   9500-x1950   Feb. 21, 2007      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat72-xp.html
Catalyst 7.1   9500-x1950   January 10, 2007   http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat71-xp.html

Catalyst 6.12   9500-x1950   Dec. 13, 2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat612-xp.html
Catalyst 6.11   9500-x1950   November 15,2006   http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat611-xp.html
Catalyst 6.10   9500-x1900   Oct. 31, 2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat610-xp.html
Catalyst 6.9   9500-x1900   Sept. 20, 2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat69-xp.html
Catalyst 6.8   9500-x1900   Aug. 18, 2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat68-xp.html
Catalyst 6.7   9500-x1900   July 28, 2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat67-xp.html
Catalyst 6.6   9500-x1900   June 26, 2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat66-xp.html
Catalyst 6.5   7000-x1900   May 24,2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat65-xp.html
Catalyst 6.4   7000-x1900   April 12, 2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat64-xp.html
Catalyst 6.3   7000-x1900   March 8, 2006      http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat63-xp.html
Catalyst 6.2   7000-x1900   February 9, 2006   http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat62-xp.html
Catalyst 6.1   7000-x1800   January 18, 2006   http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/previous/radeon/radeonxip-cat61-xp.html

Man! You are on it! K, looks like the 8.11 is the newest set I can run:-) I'm going to give that a go, will report back with more info. Thanks so much for your help.

AbyssUK

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 10, 2010, 08:24:06 am
« Reply #1390 on: February 25, 2009, 05:32:52 am »
So yeah I tried my 4850 using catalyst 9.1 in winxp64 and I couldn't get soft15khz to work at all :(

No bigge as I have another computer with a geforce2 ti I can use, which was almost plug and play for me SailorSat, great work!

Now to get my hands on a Naomi! then my cabinet (for me) will be complete!

AbyssUK

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1391 on: March 05, 2009, 09:36:38 am »
It looks like I finally can be happy again.

First thing... Scrap 321x240 and 401x256, welcome 320x240 and 400x256, at least on ATI HD 4000 series and all other non-ATI chips.
Second thing. My HD 4350 makes me pretty happe as it does support 320x240 without fancy hacks AND it supports even the lowest pixel clocks.
Tinkering around has been quite funny.

Also... I'm finally starting to dig into vista, as I got a new mobo for my testrig.
But don't expect anything on THAT topic anytime soon.

Ummon

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 09, 2010, 06:37:18 pm
« Reply #1392 on: March 05, 2009, 06:04:44 pm »
It looks like I finally can be happy again.

First thing... Scrap 321x240 and 401x256, welcome 320x240 and 400x256, at least on ATI HD 4000 series and all other non-ATI chips.

Now I thought this was a matter of Windows. But no?  And how'd you do that?
Yo. Chocolate.

"Theoretical physics has been the most successful and cost-effective in all of science."

Stephen Hawking

People often confuse expressed observations with complaint, ridicule, or - even worse - self-pity.

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1393 on: March 05, 2009, 06:16:11 pm »
Yeah I thought too.
But some testing showed that it's rather a bug in the catalyst as it works fine on my GeForce and Matrox cards.

Haggar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 13, 2017, 05:12:32 am
« Reply #1394 on: March 08, 2009, 06:12:56 am »
My HD 4350 makes me pretty happe as it does support 320x240 without fancy hacks AND it supports even the lowest pixel clocks.

How did you get low res on that card?

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1395 on: March 08, 2009, 06:21:48 am »
I just installed Soft-15kHz and it worked.
So no more fancy limits.

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1396 on: March 08, 2009, 07:05:46 pm »
And I start to hate ATI (again)...
Won't work WITH the Dongle (wtf)

Scotty

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2022, 11:48:29 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #1397 on: March 09, 2009, 12:09:33 am »
I ****LOVE**** Soft15Khz!

I just picked up a black NEC Multisync FE2111 EB monitor.  It drops down to as low as 240x240 with no problems.  I have been with Mame since version .01 and let me tell you, I fell in love with it all over again!!  This is the monitor EVERYONE needs!  In the past, I have played around with scanline files and it didn't look bad, but until you have a monitor and video card that can drop down to its native resolution, You have not played MAME!  I am using a GeForce FX 5600 video card btw.

Now, I have a question for the experts, as I have only been using Soft15 for a short time....   

Obviously, when I drop down to the games native resolution (listed in Mame), I get the scan lines.  They look FANTASTIC btw!!  But anyhow....   On horizontal games, they look great, but when I rotate a vertical game 90 degrees, the scan lines are going the wrong way.  It still look fantastic....  But the perfectionist in me would love to get the horizontal scan lines in the vertical games like Pac-Man and Donkey Kong.  I know you can make custom resolutions, so would a 240 x 256 (opposed to 256 x 240) do the trick for a game like Pac-Man??

Scotty

PS- I got the MultiSync **FREE** off of Craigs List.  A graphics design company in Cleveland upgraded to flat pannels, and wanted rid of five 19-21" monitors.  Only one was a Multisync, but WOW!!!

« Last Edit: March 09, 2009, 12:11:38 am by Scotty »

SailorSat

• Offline Offline
« Reply #1398 on: March 09, 2009, 06:12:29 am »
Technically you can't rotate the scanlines without rotating the monitor.

Scotty

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 22, 2022, 11:48:29 am
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #1399 on: March 09, 2009, 07:22:54 am »
Technically you can't rotate the scanlines without rotating the monitor.

That is actually the plan.  I have not rotated the MultiSnc, but I have rotated all my past 17, 19 and 21's.