Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Blurred CD Covers  (Read 2791 times)

Nigel

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 26, 2007, 08:31:21 pm
Blurred CD Covers
« on: May 01, 2007, 12:25:45 pm »
Hi All,
I'm a new member to these forums as of tonight. I've searched for anything relating to my problem without luck.. so here I am.
I've been using and enjoying Wincab for about a year and always managed to resolve a problem with the help if this forum, but this has me stumped.
I've recently copied all my MP3 files and folders and Wincab folders to a new hard drive (approx4,500 mp3's) to set up a standalone Jukebox. (Cabinet almost finished and will post a pic at a later date) My problem is with the CD covers in a CD skin. Wincab seems to be using ID3 tag images for the folders, when there is an image in each folder for that album. I've deleted the files in the data folder and re-run Wincab, but the problem remains. Jukebox.ini is set to "CoverArt=*.jpg"
I don't want to have to rename all the art in the folders to "folder.jpg" as there is about 220 folders. I don't understand as the original computer is displaying cover art perfectly with exactly the same files...
Can someone help me as I must be missing something.
Thanks in advance,
Nigel
The first time I see a jogger smiling..... I'll consider it - Joan Rivers

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: Blurred CD Covers
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2007, 12:31:56 pm »
WinCab is not capable of using cover art images stored in ID3 tags.  It is more likely picking up a lower-resolution image in the folder.  I believe Windows Media Player will store both a 150x150 and 300x300 image as hidden files in the folder.

Also, silly question I know, but are the original computer and jukebox computer running at the same resolution?

Is the display rotated?  There is definately a bug with rotation that I'm working on that makes images blurry.

--Chris

--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

Nigel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2007, 12:38:24 pm »
Hi Chris,
Thanks for the prompt reply. Was just going to bed as I'm in Perth, Australia.
I've checked for hidden files from Windows Media Player and removed them on the original computer.
The computers are running at different resolutions, but the jukebox.ini file has been changed to reflect this.
Cheers,
Nigel

Nigel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2007, 12:48:15 pm »
Must clarify that I deleted the hidden files before copying them to the jukebox hard drive.
Was wondering if the attributes will play a role as the new hard drive has the files set to read only rather than archive. Will this make a difference?

Nigel

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2007, 01:40:39 pm »
Hi all,
Found the problem in Folder Properties. Untick "hide protected operating system files"
Thanks Chris

Cheers,
Nigel