Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Media PC to run console emulators...  (Read 1967 times)

Sinner

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 05, 2020, 06:22:06 pm
  • Half the lies they tell about me, aren't true...
    • Geek My Gadget
Media PC to run console emulators...
« on: April 05, 2007, 04:27:54 pm »
Hi all,
I've built a media PC and connected it to my home entertainment system.  It run Windows XP Media Center Edition, which is OK, but needs a lot of tweaking...
Now that I have it running properly for recording TV and stuff, I'd like to run a front end and have a list of console emulators to choose from...
I have 2 wireless game pads and I bought a couple of XBox360 wired controllers that are great for playing NES games.

The link below is the barebones kit I bought, it's saves a ton of cash, since it has all the audio, video, tuners and capture built-in...I'm running it with a 500GB hard drive, but it also is connected to my network, so I can pull media from other PCs...

http://canadacomputers.com/index.php?do=ShowProduct&cmd=pd&pid=008689&cid=BS.325

Can someone who has done this type of thing give a few pointers as to a good front end to use with Windows XP MCE 2005, setup tips, tweaks, etc...

Thank you,

Matt

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Re: Media PC to run console emulators...
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2007, 07:00:36 pm »
I like gamex to run emulators and multimedia.  It seems to work consistantly and gives a MCE type of look to the interface if you choose.

GlennM

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 29, 2008, 11:22:31 pm
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2007, 10:35:11 pm »
Media Portal is fantastic, it can do everything that MC can do and much more.

blueznl

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 16, 2019, 04:50:02 pm
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2007, 07:07:05 am »
Media Portal looks pretty sharp! Is it a horror to install? I was, to be honest, a bit disappointed by Gamex, I had the feeling it forced me to set up things in a specific way, and (of course) I wanted something else  :)

GlennM

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 29, 2008, 11:22:31 pm
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2007, 08:20:04 am »
I guess it goes well for some people and harder for others.  I do have to say getting the emulators configured is a bit beasty.  Now if you have no interest in using the TV options, you will save yourself a lot of time.   Anyways, check the wiki out for an idea of your setup time.
http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/MediaPortalSetup_Plugins/MyPrograms?highlight=%28emulators%29#head-51bbd271e0137e178cdd028597259880ad473c1c

Later,
Glenn