Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Seeburg Coin Mechanism  (Read 2997 times)

ski123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2007, 10:07:56 am
Seeburg Coin Mechanism
« on: March 16, 2007, 09:44:32 pm »
I built a jukebox that looks similar to a Seeburg disco model of the late 70's and early 80's.  I was wondering if I could buy a Seeburg coin mechanism like the one in the ebay auction at
 http://cgi.ebay.com/SEEBURG-COIN-MECH-COMPLETE-C-G-R-BUTTON-CABLE-SHOOT_W0QQitemZ130089017482QQcategoryZ13723QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting
and hook it up to the computer in the jukebox or is it a problem since it has a plug on the end and what looks like at least three or four wires going to the plug?  Is there a way to safely hook this to the computer without getting a seperate power supply or anything else?  I have a numeric keypad that is visible and is used to make the song selections and a regular keyboard that I use for adding songs and doing maintenence on the program.  Both the keypad and the keyboard are always hooked up and working via the usb port for the keypad and the keyboard port for the keyboard.  I might be able to open the keyboard up and connect wires if I need to, but I don't want to open up the numeric keypad if it's possible.  Would I be able to use it with Wincab or do I need to find something that is simpler and has fewer wires?  If it will work will all the features of the mechanism work?
Thank you for the help!