Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Nintendo Themed Bartop Cabinet- 99% UPDATES  (Read 18949 times)

newbee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 23, 2009, 01:56:27 pm
Re: Nintendo Themed Bartop Cabinet- 95% w/ more pics....
« Reply #80 on: March 27, 2007, 10:59:22 pm »
Hinged back door is on now along with some internal cooling fans.  I also have 2 external USB ports, headphones, and power button on the back.  It's a little rough, but it's on the back, so you don't see it.  It also has a lock so the back doesn't come flying open when I'm moving it.

I also put some more red t-molding on.  Here is a picture of me playing X-men Vs. Street Fighter.

To finish before this weekend:
I need to trim some plexiglass for the marquee and the monitor cover.  Install the last piece of red t-molding on the front of the control panel.

To do later:
Put some sort of volume control on the outside... not difficult, just a little wiring.

This thing is a blast to play!

If anyone wants my plans, let me know, I have either ACAD drawings or converted jpg.
I would like a JPG plan, of your Nintendo Bartop.

beardawg252002

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 18, 2010, 01:39:34 pm
Re: Nintendo Themed Bartop Cabinet- 95% w/ more pics....
« Reply #81 on: March 29, 2007, 12:32:51 pm »
really great job and excellent look to it.  i bet it is a blast to play.
XBLA - Paperboy, SF2, TMNT 1989, Galaga, Frogger, Pac Man, Dig Dug, Rush'n Attack, Xevious, Cloning Clyde, New Rally-X, Defender, UNO, Joust, Gauntlet, Double Dragon, Centipede/Millipede, Pinball FX

phines

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 28, 2010, 05:04:55 pm
Re: Nintendo Themed Bartop Cabinet- 99% UPDATES
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2009, 02:57:45 pm »
I haven't updated this forum in awhile, well, because I haven't done anything to my cab since the last post. 

I installed a new monitor because the other one I bought crapped out on me.  I had a co-worker weld a metal bracket to hold the new monitor in the cab. 

I also painted the bezel black.  I think it turned out real nice, and I can't wait to I move into a large home to build a full upright 4 player MAME machine!!!

*EDIT* I also forgot to mention that I had to replace the power supply and motherboard a few months ago... bummer

This machine isn't 100%, I want to get some large red nintendo logos and put them on the side, put a light inside the marquee, and touch up the paint a little from all the moving.

« Last Edit: February 02, 2009, 06:25:07 pm by phines »

IG-88

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 08:29:46 am
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2009, 04:07:43 pm »
Wow! Forgot all about this baby. Looks great! Can't remember if you posted the dimensions, if not what size is it? Also, if it were mine, I might slap some paint on that bracket you had welded up. It may start to rust on you just from humidity alone  ;)  Again great job, I'll bet it's a blast to play.
"I know what a HAL 9000 is... I was wondering if HAL 7600 was his retarded cousin or something..."
-HarumaN

phines

• Offline Offline
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2009, 04:15:35 pm »
Wow! Forgot all about this baby. Looks great! Can't remember if you posted the dimensions, if not what size is it? Also, if it were mine, I might slap some paint on that bracket you had welded up. It may start to rust on you just from humidity alone  ;)  Again great job, I'll bet it's a blast to play.
Someone else has been asking for the dimension sheets I made up on autoCAD.  I'll have to find those, it has been awhile.

The foot print is 20"x20", and it is 27" tall.

For anyone thinking of ever doing a bartop, plan, plan, plan... Its a real pain to cram everything in a small box! 

IG-88

• Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 08:29:46 am
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2009, 04:35:44 pm »
Cool. I'd like to see those plans myself.
"I know what a HAL 9000 is... I was wondering if HAL 7600 was his retarded cousin or something..."
-HarumaN

phines

• Offline Offline
« Reply #86 on: February 02, 2009, 03:41:26 pm »
Cool. I'd like to see those plans myself.

control panel overall dimensions.  I wanted to make sure all the buttons fit, including the ones on the side and on the front.

Angles of the sides.  You can take the other sideview drawing and this drawing and make a template on a board.

control panel layout draft

PLAN,PLAN,PLAN! I wanted to make sure the monitor, motherboard (including the heat sink!!), power supply, and track ball all fit inside with plenty of room.

These plans aren't 100% complete, but it helped me keep my thoughts straight while building...

stephenp1983

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 24, 2024, 11:26:39 am
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2009, 06:00:34 pm »
I remember watching this a couple of years ago when you started.  It looks like it turned out really nice.  I love the theme.