Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Mala issue with music and focus  (Read 1243 times)

Dropkick_Wally

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2011, 05:11:01 pm
Mala issue with music and focus
« on: August 31, 2007, 08:38:01 am »
Hi,

I'm a long time lurker and first time poster.  I'm building a MAME and other emu console machine with arcade controls.  No cab yet as my apartment doesn't really have enough room.  Of course, things never go smoothly.

I've been setting up mala and have run into a problem that has occurred in the RC releases as well as the new 1.02.  Whenever I try to add background music I lose focus when I exit the emulator and return to Mala.  The "starting..." box is still visible, but I can get it to disappear if, and only if, I click the mouse.  Now I can use the keyboard again, but the joypad (temporary) doesn't work at all.  Another issue that seems related is when I attempt to shutdown the computer through mala, the screen fades out, the music keeps going and the computer never shuts down.  Everything works fine when i disable the music.

If anyone has any suggestions, or has experienced something similar please chime in.  Any help would certainly reduce the urge to remove my own hair by force.  Thanks!

swindus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2021, 05:52:50 am
    • MaLa - M.A.M.E. Launcher
Re: Mala issue with music and focus
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 10:06:14 am »
The background music stuff in MaLa has some bugs. I need to do an overhaul with this and its on my todo list.

Dropkick_Wally

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2011, 05:11:01 pm
Re: Mala issue with music and focus
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 11:08:04 am »
Thanks for the quick response!  I wasn't aware of the music bugs or else I would have been more patient.  Thanks for Mala!  It's a fantastic program and I'm always looking forward to new releases.  Cheers.