Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SKJ & touchscreens  (Read 4940 times)

whatisk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 27, 2017, 06:41:39 am
  • Nothing to see here
SKJ & touchscreens
« on: October 19, 2006, 09:59:17 pm »
Hi all,

I am looking at starting a Jukebox project (my MAME cab is currently also my juke). I was thinking along the lines of a small wall-mounted unit connected to my home theatre amp.

I was thinking of using a 15" lcd touchscreen and was hoping to get some feedback from other touchscreen users before taking the plunge and buying it (here in Oz they are about $600 new).

Things I were wondering are:
If using a touchscreen, will I still need buttons for some functions (eg: random play, scrolling albums)? The fact that I'll need a power button is obvious ;)
Do you have the onscreen keyboard permanently displayed to help with navigation, etc.

I'm sure more things will come up as well.
Even just general comments/tips from those using a touchscreen would be great.

Guess if all else fails, I'll just use a regular LCD and work out how many buttons I'll need and do it that way...

Thanks all.
No trees were harmed in the creation of this post. Though several electrons were severely inconvenienced.

BobA

• Trade Count: (+14)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 11, 2018, 09:52:14 pm
  • What Me Worry?
Re: SKJ & touchscreens
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2006, 01:02:22 pm »
Use options and chose display keypad under display and you can control the album scrolling.

I use the elo driver in my touchscreen set for mouse emulation.  This allows the touchscreen to function as a mouse with full click and drag etc.   You can set the screen to sense a right mouse button with timed touch and thus access the main menu in skj.  This allows you to select all the commands that are not available on the screen via menu.  Thus you can run the random mode without a random key.

BobA
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 04:18:49 pm by BobA »