Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Need MALA Gamelist help  (Read 2027 times)

hickster

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2015, 08:12:57 pm
Need MALA Gamelist help
« on: October 11, 2006, 08:38:58 am »
Hi Guys

I'm having some trouble with game list maintenance for non-mame emulators.

I have a MAME "All Games" list with 5000+ games in it. I like to browse through this list and when I find a game I like, I hit "2" to bring up the menu, navigate to the gamelist option and "add selected game" to my custom "ARCADE" game list. This "ARCADE" game list has only 50 or so games in it at the moment - these are my favourites.

My problem is with the ATARI and NES gamelists. These are the other 2 emulators I have set up on my arcade cabinet. I have the "All Games" lists running for both and created lists  called "ATARI" and "NES", respectively for my favourites. My problem is, when I'm in the "All Games" list for either of these emulators and hit "2", navigate to gamelist option and "add selected game" I get an error that says "Not Possible".

Does MALA support this feature? I can manually go in through the options menu and edit the list with the mouse, but it's a little inconvenient. Am I missing something or does MALA not support this kind of navigation for non-MAME emulators?

Any help would be appreciated
Thanks in advance!
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 11:10:44 am by hickster »

swindus

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 28, 2021, 05:52:50 am
    • MaLa - M.A.M.E. Launcher
Re: Need MALA Gamelist help
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 09:27:11 am »
Looks like a bug ...
Will check this!

EDIT: Yep, its a bug. Will be fixed in the next version.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 09:38:48 am by swindus »

hickster

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 19, 2015, 08:12:57 pm
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2006, 11:14:31 am »
Thanks for the fast response, I'll just wait for the next version, my ATARI and NES lists will be very short anyway, so I'll just set them up manually using the mouse for the time being.

I love this Front End by the way, very easy to set up and an intuitive interface.

Good job!
Cheers

BamBam

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 03, 2011, 07:18:19 am
  • This is better than Disney Land man!
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2006, 06:31:56 pm »
Heh swindus?  Any luck with my post on the ROM directory creation issue with my gamelist a while back??
Galaga... Was there any other game?