Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Jukebox sounds between songs  (Read 2632 times)

Dynamite91

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2006, 04:20:46 pm
Jukebox sounds between songs
« on: September 27, 2006, 06:33:13 am »
First, congratulations on this fine piece of software. Now my problem is this, I've got a recording of a jukebox selecting a record and this has been edited to include the record plop and crackles pre play. What i need to do now is have crackles and plop of record ending post play but need to actualy have this start say 5 seconds before the track actualy ends. Can this be done?

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: Jukebox sounds between songs
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2006, 09:30:07 am »
Not really.  There is a trigger to indicate the end of the song, but no way to tell a sound effect to trigger a number of seconds before a particular message arrives.
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

Dynamite91

• Offline Offline
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2006, 12:57:18 pm »
Thanks for the reply re starting sound effect pre song end, I'm not a programmer so don't know what is or isn't possible to implement. I am however aware that as the software stands what i'm asking can't be done but I notice that using the default skin a record playing time elapsed display is showing (top left) if this could be flipped to time remaining can't a message be triggered at time remaining 00.05 ? I know it would require programming in as a new feature but for me at least it would be the icing on the cake. Has anyone else the need for this feature?

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2006, 02:15:36 pm »
Thanks for the reply re starting sound effect pre song end, I'm not a programmer so don't know what is or isn't possible to implement. I am however aware that as the software stands what i'm asking can't be done but I notice that using the default skin a record playing time elapsed display is showing (top left) if this could be flipped to time remaining can't a message be triggered at time remaining 00.05 ? I know it would require programming in as a new feature but for me at least it would be the icing on the cake. Has anyone else the need for this feature?
Well, it's not like there aren't single-purpose, single-use features in there now.  As far as I know, the whole "flipped text" feature is only used by the one person who asked for it who is using the program on a Space Invaders cabinet, and that took a heck of a lot more work than adding a single message!

Adding a message costs me nothing and takes about 30 seconds to implement; my only issue with it is that it looks awkward in the API to have a message like MSG_SONGWILLBEOVERIN5SECONDS, and that's not a good enough reason not to add it.  :)  I am working on a whole timer framework for customizing things farther... but the same problem crops up in only being able to count time forward from an event.

So I'll pop this in before I do the "official" 3.1.2 release.

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

Dynamite91

• Offline Offline
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2006, 03:14:43 pm »
Many thanks for taking the time to consider my request I look forward to the improved timer functions and once again thanks and respect to you for this fine jukebox software.