Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox 3.1.1 Released  (Read 3350 times)

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox 3.1.1 Released
« on: September 13, 2006, 03:08:35 am »
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox 3.1.1 has been released.  Get it at http://webpages.charter.net/celamantia/jukebox .

Lots of bug fixes and a couple of new features.  Again, here I am releasing late at night when I'm tired, so I may have missed something.

Fixes include:

• Added BTN_SKIPLAST to delete the last song in the queue.  Note that you cannot skip the currently playing song this way.
  • Added SkipLastTimeLimit setting to [Settings] section of jukebox.ini to control BTN_SKIPLAST.
  • Added MSG_SKIPLASTOK to indicate when it's OK to skip the last song in the queue.
  • Added IncrementalCreditDelay to [Timers] section in skin; when non-zero, credits are added one at a time with the specified number of hundredths of a second between them.
  • Added MSG_ADDINGCREDITS to indicate that credits are being added; this message is not sent when IncrementalCreditDelay is disabled.
  • Added MQ_MSG_ADDEDCREDIT to indicate that a credit has been added.  It will fire once for all credits on a coin if IncrementalCreditDelay is disabled, otherwise it will fire once as each credit is added and unset a short time later.
  • Added CMD-ADDCREDIT message to tell the jukebox to add a credit.  CMD_ messages do not come in pairs like BTN_ and MSG_ messages; there is no "unset" for a CMD message.
  • Added a deferred credit counter; if another coin is inserted before all credits are added, the additional credits are deferred until the first credits are all loaded.
  • Added case support for Title, Artist and Album font contexts.
  • Fixed backward compatibility for font settings.  If the Font setting in the [Titlestrips] section of a skin is present, the [Fonts] section will be ignored.
  • Fixed BTN_PAUSE.
  • Fixed AllowSelectFullCD=False.
  • Cleaned up coin sound effect.
  • Changed Unicode character sorting to use ASCII equivalents.
  • Changed random song selector to not select songs that are duplicates of those in the queue if duplicates are disabled.

Please let me know if you find any more bugs!  Thank you all so much for the bug reports and your patience as I try to get all the fixes and features in!

--Chris
« Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 03:24:21 am by Chris »
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

JustMichael

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2015, 01:19:40 am
  • Mmmmm!! Cheesecake!!
Re: DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox 3.1.1 Released
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2006, 05:12:42 am »

AWESOME!!!  It is so nice having the songs in the right places.  Thank you so much!!!

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2006, 08:33:33 am »

AWESOME!!!  It is so nice having the songs in the right places.  Thank you so much!!!
Glad I could help!

Does it work the way you were expecting?  I have so few songs with those characters in them that it's difficult to do a large-scale test of it...
--Chris

MrD

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 20, 2020, 04:34:05 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2006, 10:37:21 pm »
I downloaded the latest version.  Works great!  I'm using DOS and a touchscreen.   Once I updated my skin and ini files all was well.

I do get an error when it shuts down though.  It doesn't cause any problems but it says this:

Shutting Down Allegro
Exiting due to signal SIGSEGV
Page fault at eip 000a8d7d, error 0004

I checked the jbdeg.log and the last line in there says:

Destroying sound effects....

Maybe it's not anything to worry about or this is what it always did, but it never showed it before (maybe I changed a setting?)

Anyway, I love the program and thanks for all your great work!  I'm gonna send you a little paypal tomorrow.   It probably won't cover any amount of your time but I do want to say "thanks".

RPO R6V

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2019, 02:17:34 pm
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 09:33:29 pm »
Chris,

You are the MAN!  The integration of the "vinyl sound" worked out really well!  I have it turned all the way up to 100 and that seems about right to me.

What's more, the button that clears the queue but keeps playing the current song is just what I wanted.  Is there any way I can get button graphics (like those for the volume buttons) for both the button that clears the queue while allowing the current song to play and for the button that stops the current song and moves on to the next song in the queue?

I repeat: You are the man!   :notworthy:

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2006, 01:08:28 am »
I downloaded the latest version.  Works great!  I'm using DOS and a touchscreen.   Once I updated my skin and ini files all was well.

I do get an error when it shuts down though.  It doesn't cause any problems but it says this:

Shutting Down Allegro
Exiting due to signal SIGSEGV
Page fault at eip 000a8d7d, error 0004

I checked the jbdeg.log and the last line in there says:

Destroying sound effects....

Maybe it's not anything to worry about or this is what it always did, but it never showed it before (maybe I changed a setting?)

Anyway, I love the program and thanks for all your great work!  I'm gonna send you a little paypal tomorrow.   It probably won't cover any amount of your time but I do want to say "thanks".

Wow, something is corrupting the sound cache index for DOS... it works fine in Windows!  Bogus pointers are in the cache, and when it tries to remove them on shutdown it dies.  I'm surprised it's only crashing on shutdown; you must be getting lucky and the corruption is hitting messages you don't use. No idea why DOS is acting different.
--Chris

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2006, 01:26:15 am »
Wow, something is corrupting the sound cache index for DOS... it works fine in Windows!  Bogus pointers are in the cache, and when it tries to remove them on shutdown it dies.  I'm surprised it's only crashing on shutdown; you must be getting lucky and the corruption is hitting messages you don't use. No idea why DOS is acting different.

Even weirder... I deleted the object files and recompiled and the problem went away.  Some object file must have not gotten rebuilt properly when the headers changed.

Geez, do I bump the version number for that?  Nothing actually changed...
--Chris

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2006, 03:16:09 pm »
Chris,

You are the MAN!  The integration of the "vinyl sound" worked out really well!  I have it turned all the way up to 100 and that seems about right to me.

What's more, the button that clears the queue but keeps playing the current song is just what I wanted.  Is there any way I can get button graphics (like those for the volume buttons) for both the button that clears the queue while allowing the current song to play and for the button that stops the current song and moves on to the next song in the queue?

I repeat: You are the man!   :notworthy:
Creating button graphics is easy... finding places to cram them in on the default screen is the hard part!

Thank you for your kind comments! :)
--Chris