Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Can WinCab ignore certain songs (unless someone picks them)?  (Read 2541 times)

RPO R6V

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2019, 02:17:34 pm
Can WinCab ignore certain songs (unless someone picks them)?
« on: September 05, 2006, 09:46:18 pm »
I thought I'd start a new thread for this question...

Is there a way to set up WinCab so that it will not play certain songs at random, when nobody is picking songs, but will play them if somebody clicks/picks them?

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: Can WinCab ignore certain songs (unless someone picks them)?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2006, 09:53:15 am »
You can only ignore songs over a certain length. The purpose of this was so that random play wouldn't pick up that 75-minute version of the Hokey Pokey that you keep around for the kids...

If this is what you're looking for, check jukebox.ini for the MaxRandomSonglength setting.  The default is 6 minutes.  Note that this is not foolproof; if, for example, you set it to 1 minute and you have 1000 songs over 1 minute and only 5 under the limit, it will probably still pick longer songs.

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

RPO R6V

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 28, 2019, 02:17:34 pm
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2006, 09:16:03 pm »
I do like the option of limiting the maximum length of a song picked at random.  But I was thinking more of getting the program to avoid playing, say, a Metallica song at random when my 50+ year old friends are around.  What I've done for now is to have two WinCab shortcuts on my desktop.  One gives me all the songs on the hard drive (including Metallica) and one gives me just songs that I think will not rattle baby boomers' nerves.   :)

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2006, 09:29:16 pm »
It can't do that yet... once I implement filters I'll be able to do that, but that's a couple of versions away.

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com