Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Feature request: Secondary sort criteria?  (Read 2332 times)

JustMichael

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2015, 01:19:40 am
  • Mmmmm!! Cheesecake!!
Feature request: Secondary sort criteria?
« on: August 25, 2006, 10:24:11 am »
I currently use a modified bjrock28 skin.  I know I can sort the songs by artist (and I do) but I would then like to alphabetize the songs of each of those artists.  Also, could you add a way of not showing duplicates in the song lists (not the queue but the songs you choose from)?  This would eliminated repeats of songs that appear on more than one cd (like song "xxxxxx" on one album and then that same song from their greatest hits cd).

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: Feature request: Secondary sort criteria?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2006, 10:40:07 am »
I currently use a modified bjrock28 skin.  I know I can sort the songs by artist (and I do) but I would then like to alphabetize the songs of each of those artists.  Also, could you add a way of not showing duplicates in the song lists (not the queue but the songs you choose from)?  This would eliminated repeats of songs that appear on more than one cd (like song "xxxxxx" on one album and then that same song from their greatest hits cd).
If both songs are identical, only one should show up; if two show up, they have different file sizes or different filenames.  The jukebox matches songs based on the last six digits of the file size and the first four characters in the filename.

I believe the secondary sort right now is Album, so songs from the same album should group together, and the tertiary sort is on track number; theoretically, then, a singles juke should actually organize by album.  I believe I set it up that way in preparation for adding the ability to switch from singles mode to album mode on the fly.  I'll take a look and see if I can make the sorting a bit more configurable.

--Chris

--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

JustMichael

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2015, 01:19:40 am
  • Mmmmm!! Cheesecake!!
Re: Feature request: Secondary sort criteria?
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2006, 01:14:34 pm »
Thanks!!!   :cheers: