Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Ryobi Router hacking me off fixing to return it!!!!  (Read 14552 times)

NightGod

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 26, 2017, 06:59:58 pm
Re: Ryobi Router hacking me off fixing to return it!!!!
« Reply #40 on: July 30, 2006, 01:02:08 am »
Thanks for putting the pretty frame around the pics for us! :laugh2:

And yeah, wood putty for that little nick there-that spot will be covered with T-molding later anyway, so it should be an easy repair.
$6.75 the hard way-one quarter at a time.

MikeDeuce

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 15, 2013, 04:38:38 pm
  • It does a body good.
« Reply #41 on: July 30, 2006, 04:38:32 am »
Yay, progress!

If you happen to have a jig saw around, you may want to try rough cutting it (say, around 1/8" away from the line), before flushing it up with the router. There's a lot less burning, it's quieter, and it's easier and a lot less stressful (IMHO).

It may be a matter of preference, but I feel it's safer than removing a lot of material with a router bit (especially if you did that in one pass).
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 04:41:37 am by MikeDeuce »

DrewKaree

• - AHOTW - Pompous revolving door windbag *YOINKER*
  • Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 15, 2021, 05:31:18 pm
  • HAH! Nice one!
    • A lifelong project
« Reply #42 on: July 30, 2006, 06:29:15 am »
To add to Mike's comments, it's also easier to deal with those large panels of wood and perhaps having something fall after (or during) your cut that you didn't expect.  Not entirely a big deal, and it appears as if you'll already have it cut out, but something to consider.

You’re always in control of your behavior. Sometimes you just control yourself
in ways that you later wish you hadn’t

rdowdy95

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2011, 11:48:50 am
  • This is my rifle.
« Reply #43 on: July 30, 2006, 03:44:46 pm »
Yeah I was also thinking the same thing.  I did do a little rough cutting to get those other big pieces of wood out of the way.  Guys I am also done with pattern/flush routing part for the 2nd cabniet side.  All I need to do know is some minor sanding.  I did have one issue.  You can see it in picture #2.  When I got to the right angle you know where the control panel is going to sit? On the bottom cabniet piece it is a little curved due to the circular nature of that bit.  So  I used the jigsaw a tad to try to square the angle.  What would you guys do.  I figure I would try to sand it down to flat instead of the little curve it has on it.  If I do sand what grit should I use for this?

Also when I get to my T-Molding I was wondering.  Should I put T-Molding on that right angle since the Control Panel Box is going to be sitting on it, or should I go around that part, and not put T-Molding there? Rather out the T-Molding above the control panel box, and below the control panel box.  Thanks.

NightGod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #44 on: July 30, 2006, 05:08:52 pm »
No t-molding, use a corner file (it's a file shaped like a triangle) to gently square off that corner.

That's how I would do it, at least.

rdowdy95

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 29, 2011, 11:48:50 am
  • This is my rifle.
« Reply #45 on: July 31, 2006, 12:05:20 am »
Can you send me a link to purchase one of these or atleast a picture so I can know what it looks like when I go to Home Depot?

NightGod

• Offline Offline
« Reply #46 on: July 31, 2006, 01:54:47 am »
This link might not work

If it doesn't, just go to homedepot.com and put 100091245 in the search box.

nostrebor

• Not enough wit to effectively use this space...
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 04, 2013, 02:02:41 pm
  • SHOCKING!!
« Reply #47 on: July 31, 2006, 08:40:54 am »
To play it safe I tied a rope around my waist with a cookies sheet in front of my jewel area so I wouldn't have to me the next Bobbit victim.

For the love of all that's holy!!!... you should have gotten pics of this. YOU MUST POST PICS TO THE FORUM WHEN ROUTING WITH ARMOR! ;D

Seriously, I'm glad you took my advice and picked up a book. Routing is great fun and the router is possibly the most versatile and powerul WW tool in the shop. Folks take years learning all the tricks that the router can do. You have stepped over the edge of a slippery slope indeed... CONGRATS!

It looks like you are getting the hang of it.

On the square corner you can do several things. A flat file would work fine. If you dont have that an 80 grit piece of sandpaper folded over a heavy paint stick or board would get you there... I use adhesive backed sandpaper stuck to wood shapes for that kind of stuff all the time. you can also cut it with your jigsaw, but be careful to not over cut. If anything leave it slightly undersized and then sand to get it perfect.

The file will be the easiest, but only if you don't have to drive across town to buy one.