Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: crashes when pressing clearqueue button  (Read 2573 times)

lurkio321

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2013, 10:38:25 am
crashes when pressing clearqueue button
« on: July 27, 2006, 12:42:44 pm »
Hi

been using wincab for a while, and must say it's an excellent program.. however i've hit a little problem...

i've assigned key a to the btn_clearqueue command but when it's pressed wincab crashes with  a windows error report... i've tried the latest version with the same results... i've checked the debug log and it only shows the last song to be added

any suggestions

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re: crashes when pressing clearqueue button
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 01:12:25 pm »
Hmmm... seems like I've seen this before... do you have MaxQueueSize set to a really low number?  The maximum queue size used to be hard-coded to a high number, so if I have a bug here this would be the most likely reason...

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

lurkio321

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 18, 2013, 10:38:25 am
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 01:58:50 pm »
max queue size is set at the default 500...  i've tried adding just 2 or 3 songs to the queue and pressing the clearqueue button,  it's not really important. but my wife and i tend 2 have a few parties and people load up loads of songs into the queue and pressing the skip button can be time consuming when ur song is at song 25

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2006, 02:08:00 pm »
I'll check it out tonight and see what I can do....

--Chris
--Chris

jp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2007, 11:23:54 am
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 03:24:47 pm »
but my wife and i tend 2 have a few parties and people load up loads of songs into the queue and pressing the skip button can be time consuming when ur song is at song 25

have the same problem at parties i just set maxque to 5 (really low ! )so only 5 songs can be selected
only problem here is that if nobody ads songs  the que gets filled with one (same ) song
so i have to tell them to ad songs regularly (or or raise maxque,and wait for the favorite one)
for skipping songs (they are someones favorite,else he wouldn't have selected it) i didn't assign a button
(no songs are skipped)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2006, 03:29:06 pm by jp »

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2006, 10:48:57 pm »
max queue size is set at the default 500...  i've tried adding just 2 or 3 songs to the queue and pressing the clearqueue button,  it's not really important. but my wife and i tend 2 have a few parties and people load up loads of songs into the queue and pressing the skip button can be time consuming when ur song is at song 25

I've fixed this problem, the fix will be in the next release.
--Chris

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2006, 10:52:00 pm »
but my wife and i tend 2 have a few parties and people load up loads of songs into the queue and pressing the skip button can be time consuming when ur song is at song 25

have the same problem at parties i just set maxque to 5 (really low ! )so only 5 songs can be selected
only problem here is that if nobody ads songs  the que gets filled with one (same ) song
so i have to tell them to ad songs regularly (or or raise maxque,and wait for the favorite one)
for skipping songs (they are someones favorite,else he wouldn't have selected it) i didn't assign a button
(no songs are skipped)

Looking for this bug now; in the meantime, set PlayStimulatorDelay = Disabled in jukebox.ini to keep the queue from filling with a song.
--Chris

Chris

• Offline Offline
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2006, 11:21:16 pm »

(no songs are skipped)

I think I have this one fixed as well; the fix will be in the next release.
--Chris

jp

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2007, 11:23:54 am
« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2006, 03:49:08 am »
 tried the b9-version ,
looks like these items are fixed
thanks a lot
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 03:53:09 am by jp »