Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: attempting daphne cab  (Read 2551 times)

deadmeat13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 02, 2019, 02:07:25 pm
attempting daphne cab
« on: August 05, 2010, 02:59:56 pm »
hi all.
i'm new here, and i need help. i'm trying to get a daphne cab going, and i'm relatively computer illiterate. can someone give me a hand as far as getting it running with mala? i've got daphne running but i have to open the daphne loader every time.
any advice or maybe a step by step? it would be greatly appreciated.
also i have a restored dragons lair cab with jamma wiring, and was wondering if all i would need is a j-pac to connect the pc to the cab or if i would need something else? or if anyone has any recommendations as far as a better way to do what i'm talking about doing, that would be great.
thanks in advance,
mike

deadmeat13

• Offline Offline
Re: attempting daphne cab
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2010, 09:52:30 pm »
no one?

wweumina

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2022, 04:56:31 am
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2010, 09:54:46 pm »
Just a matter of setting up some batch files. Lots of posts and guides in the Mala forum.

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 10:34:39 am
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2010, 12:28:31 pm »
I'd love to have a dedicated Daphne cabinet...  I was thinking about scratch building a DL or DL2 cabinet as a possible next project.

As far as an interface for selecting games...  For Daphne, I don't think you can do any better than HyperSpin.  Set HyperSpin to single mode and automatically load the Daphne menu and you'll have nice themes for all supported Daphne games.  No batch files necessary.

Benevolance

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 01, 2024, 02:39:35 pm
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2010, 02:19:52 pm »
For the Digital Leisure games, what is the preferred method of playback on an mamed arcade cabinet? Picking up the PC versions? DVD versions? Is there any difference between those and the laser disc versions? Daphne is designed to emulate the original laser discs, right?

Dazz

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 30, 2024, 10:34:39 am
  • HyperSpin Team
    • VPUniverse
« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2010, 03:15:33 pm »
For the Digital Leisure games, what is the preferred method of playback on an mamed arcade cabinet? Picking up the PC versions? DVD versions? Is there any difference between those and the laser disc versions? Daphne is designed to emulate the original laser discs, right?
Purchase the DVD Dragons Lair 20th Anniversary Box Set.  Download and Install Daphne.  Insert DVD to unlock and download Daphne version of games, legally.

deadmeat13

• Offline Offline
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 11:45:59 am »
I'd love to have a dedicated Daphne cabinet...  I was thinking about scratch building a DL or DL2 cabinet as a possible next project.

As far as an interface for selecting games...  For Daphne, I don't think you can do any better than HyperSpin.  Set HyperSpin to single mode and automatically load the Daphne menu and you'll have nice themes for all supported Daphne games.  No batch files necessary.

hyperspin looks great, but i couldn't get it to work properly. once again i am almost completely computer illiterate. yeah and i watched the
'set up video' which moved a little quickly and didn't just know how to do what they were saying to do. could you help me out? maybe a step by step for dummies like myself.
thanks.
mike

cmoses

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 27, 2023, 05:19:00 pm
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 08:00:46 pm »

I would agree, I use Hyperspin on my MAME cabinet which also had Daphne and it works great.  I only have a few games on there but it would be a great single interface with all the graphics and themes already for Daphne.

Havok

• Keeper of the __Blue_Stars___
  • Trade Count: (+17)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 12, 2024, 11:16:26 pm
  • Insufficient facts always invite danger.
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2010, 02:10:32 am »
Purchase the DVD Dragons Lair 20th Anniversary Box Set.  Download and Install Daphne.  Insert DVD to unlock and download Daphne version of games, legally.

That will get you three games...

You might also want to check out AtomicFE - there is a pre-built config available that only requires you get the video and frame files somewhere. If you search, it's not that hard. I would however definitely recommend purchasing the game from Dazz's link, and maybe also check out Digital Leisure's website to get some more. Thayer's Quest for example is one that you may also have to purchase.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2010, 02:13:27 am by Havok »