Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Anyway to choose sound device?  (Read 4357 times)

thogar

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2007, 05:29:08 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Anyway to choose sound device?
« on: June 08, 2006, 06:38:17 pm »
Hi Salmonking,

Love your program.  Once I got it fully set up and running, I realized that having the music come out of the arcade machine speakers isn't good.  So ultimately, I would like to put a second sound card in my arcade PC and have SK Jukebox run the music out to other speakers while Defender is blasting from the arcade speakers.  Anyway to choose another sound device other that the default? 

Yes, I could always build a separate box for the jukebox, but now it's hot in Phoenix and that garage time is very painful. . . . until October. 

The other solution would be to send MAME32 sounds to another sound device, but I doubt that's possible?

On behalf of all of us, thanks so much for your efforts. 

Thogar
« Last Edit: June 08, 2006, 11:44:30 pm by thogar »

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
Re: Anyway to choose sound device?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2006, 03:29:43 am »
Thankyou for the feedback!   ;D

Yes, it is possible to output SKJB to another sound device, I've just never coded that in.  Let me have a play over the weekend & see what I can come up with.  I may also have some other surprises coming up, one of which may be supporting additional formats like FLAC & AAC........maybe more goodies on top of that   ;D ;)

thogar

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 21, 2007, 05:29:08 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Anyway to choose sound device?
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2006, 09:28:33 pm »
Thanks so much, that would be awesome!   

I definately look forward to that. 

Thanks again.

Thogar