Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bits Limited power strip problems  (Read 924 times)

ahofle

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 30, 2023, 05:10:22 pm
    • Arcade Ambience Project
Bits Limited power strip problems
« on: May 29, 2006, 08:52:11 pm »
My Bits Limited power strip has recently started to take a long time to shut off my monitor and marquee after the computer shuts down.  As of a few days ago, it does not shut them off at all now.  My friend has one and says the same thing recently happened.  Has anyone else had this problem? 

JustMichael

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 27, 2015, 01:19:40 am
  • Mmmmm!! Cheesecake!!
Re: Bits Limited power strip problems
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 04:32:22 am »
Have you tried adjusting it?

Quarterhorse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2007, 01:25:17 pm
  • She tried grabbing Chuck's wheel -- ONCE
« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 11:06:52 am »
On the side of the strip there is an adjustment knob...mine you put a small flathead screwdriver in and turn it clockwise to increase the sensitivity. 

ahofle

• Offline Offline
« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 11:18:12 am »
Duh, thx I'll give that a shot tonight.   :banghead:  It worked right out of the box with no adjustment, so I just figured something might have broken.  So how often do these things need to be adjusted?

Quarterhorse

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2007, 01:25:17 pm
  • She tried grabbing Chuck's wheel -- ONCE
« Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 01:11:02 pm »
I have to adjust mine quite a bit -- but I have a different setup.  Mine is a laptop...and the power source is constantly "on" to a degree to charge the battery.  It doesn't have a battery in the slot, so the power draw can fluctuate to a bit.  I've had it in one spot for a few weeks so maybe it will hold.  I'm sure a more electrically-inclined person can give you a better answer, but I know you will at times "draw" more power from your wall -- and need to adjust the sensitivity.  That's why there are companies that sell power regulators (e.g. the monster cable one) to control this for home theater systems. 

ahofle

• Offline Offline
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 12:12:07 pm »
Just wanted to update this thread and say that rotating the little screw all the way counter-clockwise fixed the issue for me.  Thx everyone!