Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Not a bug but....  (Read 3682 times)

thegadgey

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 25, 2002, 12:44:20 pm
  • I'm a llama!
Not a bug but....
« on: March 02, 2003, 04:22:13 pm »
Had some friends around for the weekend and were very impressed with VJ!! Anyway hadn't noticed before but when you select an album cover , then dont select a song you cant get back to the main screen?or can you maybe we were missing something.... the only way to get back seems to be selecting a track...

Fat-Johnny

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2023, 09:23:33 am
Re:Not a bug but....
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2003, 07:49:41 pm »
Using a mouse/touchscreen:  Select "CLEAR" button and that will take you back

Using the keyboard/numberpad:  Use "Backspace" key to backspace over your album selection

Hope that helps,
Fat Johnny

thegadgey

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2003, 01:58:18 pm »
Using the CL button with touchscreen it takes you back but also clears the playlist!

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2007, 09:29:50 am
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2003, 01:34:45 pm »
Pressing the left or right assigned buttons will exit interactive mode...I know, I know, as soon as I get a moment to breathe I'll work on the online documentation and help files...it's just that there are so many new features being added, it's hard to keep up!  As for everyone else who has also inquired about bug fixes and new features...I have not forgotten about you...I'm juggling a few projects at once (which I should have learned not to do by now, but haven't)....VMJ is still very much a priority, I had to take a little time out to start on another much requested project...the Ultimate Cockpit cabinet.

You can check out the daily progress (if interested) at the www.mameroom.com website.

Fat-Johnny

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 14, 2023, 09:23:33 am
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2003, 07:33:32 am »
Using the CL button with touchscreen it takes you back but also clears the playlist!
OK, I just tried it.  I have the "Jukebox functions" disabled, so all I have on the touchscreen is 12 buttons (0 thru 9, OK, and CLEAR).  I was referring to the big rectangular CLEAR button, which takes you out of that album and returns you to the jukebox without clearing the playlist.

Obviously, you have the "Jukebox functions" enabled.  If you notice, there are two buttons labeled "CL".  The one on top row clears the playlist.  The one on the side (under "OK") is the one you want to use.

And as Punk said:
Pressing the left or right assigned buttons will exit interactive mode

This is true for the keyboard, but not for the on-screen left/right arrows (touchscreen or mouse).  Try it!

Later all,
FJ

thegadgey

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2003, 02:36:58 pm »
I was using the mode where there are no 0-9 buttons . I am using this mode so people cant skip the current track There is only 1 CL button in this moce and it's clear playlist . When you select left or right after selecting an album ( but not selecting a track) you still can't get back.
Maybe if VJ waited about 15 seconds and if no selection has been made mayve return to main screen?

VMJ Team

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 09, 2007, 09:29:50 am
    • Virtual Music Jukebox
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2003, 02:39:03 pm »
I like that idea and will add it to the program!  Thanks.