Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: MAME 105 - lightgun question (WinGun)  (Read 1916 times)

oldskoolcade

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 26, 2021, 11:46:36 am
  • I'm a llama!
MAME 105 - lightgun question (WinGun)
« on: May 08, 2006, 08:39:47 am »
So from what I gather, after version 104u6, lightgun support has changed.    I also understand that those of us who use the WinGun drivers to enable our Namco Guncon2's  are no longer able to use them in recent versions of MAME.   In light of that, I have some questions that hopefully someone in a similar position might be able to answer.

1)  Why does the Wingun driver no longer work?  As best as I can tell, it shows up as it's own driver and own mouse.  Then again, I'm really not the super technical type

2)  Is there anyway to compile a version of MAME 105 with the OLD lightgun functions?

3)  If the answer is no to the above, where can I find a version of 104u6 that still has the old driver.

It's not that I'm all for forward progress, it's just that I don't want to have to gas my namco gun in order to keep moving forward with mame.  It's that damn rolling-x problem that if only there was a solution, it wouldn't be a problem.

Thanks gang!
Mike