Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: starting wincab when computer starts  (Read 2526 times)

ski123

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 17, 2007, 10:07:56 am
starting wincab when computer starts
« on: April 29, 2006, 12:18:05 pm »
   Is there a way to start wincab when the computer starts?  The computer I am using for my jukebox is on windows 98.  I am going to delete everything off it and re-install the operating system because right now it takes a little more than eight minutes to completely start up.  I may end up installing windows 98 se.  My jukebox only uses a numeric keypad so I would like wincab to start up when the computer starts.  Also, is there a way to shut the computer off when wincab is shut down?  To shut the program down is there a way I could press 3 buttons on my keypad in order?  For example, / * and .?  I have looked through the wincab forum and haven't seen this question.  Sorry if I missed it!
Thanks for the help!

dibb1er

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 25, 2010, 07:14:38 am
Re: starting wincab when computer starts
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2006, 11:21:53 pm »
create a shortcut of wincab.exe, then copy the shortcut to the startup folder in the Start->Programs menu

as for the shutdown, i dont have an answer for you.
im running XP, so i just press the power button, and XP shuts down my jukebox (closing wincab along the way obviously :-)

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2006, 09:46:38 am »
If SystemShutdownEnabled is set to True, WinCab will shut down the computer when the button mapped to BTN_SHUTDOWN is prerssed.  But at this time there is no way to require more than one button to exit the system.

--Chris
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com

DaOld Man

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:December 13, 2023, 12:03:14 am
  • Wheres my coffee?
    • Skenny's Outpost
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2006, 11:37:52 pm »
Hello, Im new to this forum, so please excuse me if Im butting in here.
I wrote a program in VB6 that will start Glaunch (a emulator front end), then shut down the PC when Glaunch is exited.
Since it is written in VB6, it only works in win 98 to win XP.
It is called Glauncher.
Take a look at it, if it is what you may be looking for, let me know, I can easily modify it to run something besides Glaunch, such as wincab. (Or at least I think I can).
If you dont have Glaunch, just create a small bat file called Glaunch.exe.
Glauncher has to have Glaunch.exe to work.
The temp bat file could just have an exit command in it. It will give you an idea how it works.
Here is the website that describes it, with a few screen shots. This program is free.
http://members.tripod.com/~Skennys_Outpost/glauncher/glauncher.htm