Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Best way to mount Arcade Monitor?  (Read 5633 times)

AMDman13

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 08, 2023, 09:21:58 pm
  • This Cab is going to be the end of me!!
Best way to mount Arcade Monitor?
« on: April 15, 2006, 12:35:25 am »
Okay, I took the big dive and bought a Betson Multisync. After testing I can say I'm not disappointanted. However I am hoping saint might be able to shed some light on mounting an authentic arcade monitor into lusid's plans.
I've thought about setting it on to a shelf like the book, but I don't think the arcade monitor was designed to be weight bearing at the base.

My thoughts are using 2x4 frame work and angle iron to mount top and bottom of bracket or making a 3/4 MDF bezel to bolt to.

Any thoughts or suggestions from someone who mounted an arcade monitor into the Project Arcade would be great. Thanks in advanced!
My old user name was marlborroman13, but I kicked the habit many years ago!

electricd

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 05, 2011, 03:30:33 pm
  • I'm not a llama!
Re: Best way to mount Arcade Monitor?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 10:33:50 am »
Using angle iron is the way most people go I think.  I have a D9200 and used these:

http://www.spincade.com/store-MB.html

They worked out perfectly in my situation.  I would email Spincade first and make sure they will work with the Beston, but I would say they would...fairly universal as long as your monitor has a mounting hole in each corner.  They felt a bit flimsy when I got them out of the box, but once I had them in with all the screws they are definately SOLID.  Anyway, good luck!