Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Theme needs help  (Read 5136 times)

Kremmit

• - AHOTW -
  • Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:November 22, 2020, 05:59:29 pm
  • Who the heck is that?
Theme needs help
« on: March 18, 2006, 02:23:16 am »
Is it just me, or does the current theme look like a beta test?

missioncontrol

• MC-Retro says Wot!
  • Trade Count: (+13)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 23, 2021, 12:53:30 pm
Re: Theme needs help
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2006, 08:08:47 am »
what theme are you using?

sirwoogie

• Supreme Chancellor
  • Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 12, 2024, 10:16:38 pm
  • It's Hollyfeld in a Winnebago!
    • Build Your Own Arcade Controls
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 11:21:19 am »
The only real difference between the generic Monobook theme that comes with the wiki and the one on the page is the logo and the addition of the google adsense. Everything else is stock.

I don't disagree that the layout is a bit hackish, but we were more focused on content than look at the moment. :) Sometime we hope to have a common theme that all three sites conform to.

mahuti

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 02, 2022, 09:51:19 pm
  • I dare anything! I am Skeletor!
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2006, 08:09:42 pm »
Comin from a guy that designs & develops that kind of thing... MAN, that is a tough, long project.

I've just spent about 4 months integrating a CMS, store, forums and a few other things, and I think I'm finally done.
Raspberry Pi, AttractMode, and Skeletor enthusiast.

Felsir

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2022, 01:21:47 pm
  • Creating cab artwork
    • Felsir's World
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2006, 03:30:46 pm »
Another thing than the theme: we need some sort of "manual of style". I've been editing various articles and I notice different headings etc. My suggestion is to stick with the Wikipedia Manual of Style.
If all agree, I will update the current pages to this styleguide.

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2006, 06:01:45 pm »
I have updated the frontend page in the past with the same table, we came to use use in the jukebox software section. This helped a lots, because it was simply to much test.

Jukebox section is not still finished, but it soon, but it going to because a very fine section (and I have never tried to promote my own more than other, and if I did? sorry).

The emulator page need to shortend some text, speffeciel with console emulator. There are simply too much text and is a bit hard to read. Maybe made a new table with each company and list thier consoles on it own lists?

Felsir , wich pages did you have looked one, that need some update?
Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.

Felsir

• Wiki Master
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 28, 2022, 01:21:47 pm
  • Creating cab artwork
    • Felsir's World
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 01:50:59 pm »
Felsir , wich pages did you have looked one, that need some update?

It is a mixed bunch, I encountered random pages with style differences. For example: http://wiki.arcadecontrols.com/wiki/Creating_Your_Own_Art_From_Scratch has headings with '=heading=' instead of '==heading==' for sections (the single '=' style is used for the article's title). There are some other style issues (like the usage of indents) but I can't name a page.

Note to people willing to contribute, if you're not sure what the style (or spelling) is, contribute anyway! These things are easily fixed afterwards.

Space Fractal

• Wiki Master
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 26, 2023, 11:32:13 am
  • Space Fractal
    • Space Fractal
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 02:59:31 pm »
I have tried to edit (but only preview), that the different was. You are right. == is better to make for using sections. In jukebox section, I diddent use any of them, because it allready have the correct title, and diddent want to name that twice.

Yep even I may have some spelling (I'm live in Denmark (I guess I should left that out on the screen name, but never contacted saint for that), and English is not my prefer language), these are corrected by others, which is very fine.

Sometimes Im even left a spelling, even I spotted that (because somebody would notice that and correct it).

I like the table with blue titles (started in jukebox section) for a breif compare (wich should even been used in the WIN->Dos compage).
Decade Old Work: MultiFE, ArcadeMusicBox
Today Works: Various Spectrum Next games from Rusty Pixels and html5 games.