Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: My cab, mostly complete.  (Read 2510 times)

_Iz-

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:13:11 pm
  • Time to coin up!
My cab, mostly complete.
« on: February 17, 2003, 02:13:09 pm »
Finally got a digital camera, took some pics and threw up a quick webpage. Not much to it, forgot to take "in progress" pics as well...

Marquee needs to be professionally printed in 1 piece (was done on my inkjet and pieced together from 3 sections, seams are obvious in person). I also need to implement some bezel art in place of the plain white one. Pinball "nudge" buttons are also planned but not installed yet.

Design goals were somewhat hybrid. I wanted a complete arcade cabinet but as I am using the computer reserved for my kids I needed to leave it as a full functional windows based workstation with the ability to attach peripherals (The kids love playing with the webcam and microsoft movie maker). USB hub still needs to be "frenched" in somewhere as I did for the cd burner. It will probably need to be replaced with another as the power cord plugs in the front where the usb ports are (very stupid design but it was free).

Enjoy!

Oops, forgot the link !

http://members.shaw.ca/avanti-technical/mame/index.htm
« Last Edit: February 17, 2003, 03:44:49 pm by _Iz- »

Birdtales

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 06, 2020, 10:00:31 am
  • You won't like me when I'm angry.
    • Birdtales
Re:My cab, mostly complete.
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2003, 02:24:41 pm »
Looks really good. Why did you go with a white monitor bezel?

Where did you get that keyboard tray? I'd love to be able to adjust mine like that.

Coming Soon

_Iz-

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:Yesterday at 09:13:11 pm
  • Time to coin up!
Re:My cab, mostly complete.
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2003, 02:29:39 pm »
I haven't done any art for the monitor bezel yet. Just cut a piece of white poster board to cover everthing. If anyone has seen a decent bezel or wants to design one I'd appreciate the help, I suck at the artwork portion of this project. I can supply actual dimensions from my current bezel. I had wanted to put some artwork under my lucite control panel overlay as well but ended up assembling without it as I was really struggling with designing something that looked good. (Not to mention I never have any time to sit down undisturbed to work something out, My wife and 4 daughters consume large quantities of my time...)

I got the keyboard pullout from a local hardware distributor.
It's a Knape & Vogt  Key-13. Was quite expensive but worth it. ($160 canadian)
« Last Edit: February 17, 2003, 04:40:33 pm by _Iz- »