Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: New Option for Jukeboxes?  (Read 3175 times)

Mameham

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2005, 01:29:36 pm
  • The Original Home Arcade Machine
    • Mameham
New Option for Jukeboxes?
« on: February 13, 2003, 09:14:10 am »
 Haven't tested it on VJB yet and it's not yet implimented on DosCab Jukebox but this, for me, would be the ideal way to run "radio mode"...

Basically if a song hasn't been entered into the queue in X minutes than the software automatically enters a song into the queue at random, and if that song gets within X seconds of finishing the software will automatically enter a new song at random.

Pretty straight forward but this allows you to enter a song into the queue after the random song and let the random song complete instead of just cutting out as it does on some other jukeboxes...

Secondly, it would be cool to be able to limit the randomness pick a new artist every time or at least not repeat an artist every X hours... so that if I have my jukebox in radio mode it won't play two AC/DC songs back to back or what have you... more variety...

That second option shouldn't be so hard esp since most MP3 libraries are X:\artist\album\song  ... just set the random to pick only one song per artist directory recursive...

- Eric

planetjay

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 22, 2019, 10:50:57 pm
  • Ex-Evil Admin Monkey.
    • planetjay.com
Re:New Option for Jukeboxes?
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2003, 12:45:33 pm »
Or maybe play from the list of popular (played) songs. So you don't get oddball stuff that no one knows. Although if you're trying to make money, playing the oddball stuff would be the goal....
planetjay.com. Still in Chicago. Still no hurricanes!

Chris

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 21, 2019, 04:59:49 pm
    • Chris's MAME Cabinet
Re:New Option for Jukeboxes?
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2003, 05:05:46 pm »
DOSCab will have two options for radio mode:

1) Random song: Pick a song at random
2) Popular songs: Pick a song at random from the top 100 songs, weighted more toward the top of the list.

Either way, you can set the number of songs to play before repeats are allowed, i.e. if the repeat value is 10, none of the last 10 random songs will be played.

This is, of course, presuming I ever have time to work on the darn thing...
--Chris
DOSCab/WinCab Jukebox: http://www.dwjukebox.com