Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Bill acceptors  (Read 1302 times)

zudmsc

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2011, 07:44:26 am
Bill acceptors
« on: February 03, 2006, 09:33:01 am »
Hello all,

I need to know if someone has placed a bill aceptor into any of their games?  I have a triple pinball door from Entropy that has a cut out for a bill acceptor.  I have two bill aceptor but neither one fits the template.  Any thoughts on which model would fit.  Since this is a home unit, I am looking for an older model Mars one that I can pick-up cheap on E-bay.

Michael

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
Re: Bill acceptors
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2006, 10:56:50 am »
The Entropy door bill acceptor cutout/mounting studs are for "Amusement" style bill acceptors. Remember that there are mainly two basic styles of bill acceptors "Amusement/jukebox/gaming" and "Vending" each one has different mounting bolt patterns and 'snouts'. Visit www.pyramidacceptors.com for more information.

rescue161

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 29, 2022, 04:11:18 pm
  • I built my own Cabaret machine!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 03:04:13 pm »
I built a Cherry Master from scratch and wired a DBA to it.  It was very easy.  A DBA could easily be added to a MAME cabinet.  When I get around to building a juke box, it will have a DBA on it.
"Censorship reflects a society's lack of confidence in itself." - Supreme Court Justice Potter Stewart

Q*Bert_OP

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+7)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 25, 2012, 07:20:42 pm
  • Oh yes, we did!
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2006, 01:41:08 am »
If the DBA will "pulse" signals to your encoder, you good to go :)
WTB: The Grid by Midway (2001), looking for 2 or more complete games, and large marquee

zudmsc

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 07, 2011, 07:44:26 am
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2006, 10:30:15 am »
No, Iwhat I was asking about is which model DBA would fit into the pinball coin door?  I am looking at the older model Mars BDA I just dont know which one will fit.  I am looking at VFM or GL models.

Michael

APFelon

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:May 09, 2023, 08:10:35 pm
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2006, 11:14:24 am »
Most bill acceptors will fit in to a pinball door (if you have a pinball door with a BA mount). I have even had pinballs with upstackers in them. The pinball door should have two mounting holes on it-- one for an upstacker, and one for a non-upstacker model. Some upstackers WILL be too large, so i'd go for a Mars unit if that's what you're looking at.

Vending BAs are out-- they won't fit.

The older Mars unit you are looking at probably won't take new 5$ bills, but it should fit.

Check to see if your pinball machine has BA spacers either in a baggie or screwed in where the BA goes. If you don't have a spacer kit, you're going to need one in order to get the BA to fit right.

If your BA deal falls through, I'll sell you a DBA-01 dirt cheap.

Good luck!

APf

Ken Layton

• Guru
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 12, 2021, 12:25:59 am
  • Technician
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2006, 12:09:07 pm »
Bill acceptors come in many different power requirements and wiring harness pinouts. You must make sure you have the correct voltage unit and the right connector pinout or you can damage both the bill acceptor and pinball. Sometimes Williams left a small baggie in the machine with a couple of different 'dongle' wiring harness adapters and spacer washers for a few different bill acceptors. Usually there was also manual supplement describing the coin door and in it there was a list of 'suggested' make/model bill acceptors that will work on the door and be the right voltage.