Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: SK Jukebox Runtime error  (Read 11981 times)

ratabase1

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 24, 2020, 09:51:51 pm
  • I'm a llama!
SK Jukebox Runtime error
« on: January 23, 2006, 10:45:42 pm »
Occasionally when go to run SK Jukebox I get a Run-time error '-2147417848(80010108)':.  Automation error.  The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.  Any ideas on what is causing this, or how to fix it?  I'm running windows 2000 with all the updates.  Thanks.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2007, 10:45:44 am
  • SK Jukebox
Re: SK Jukebox Runtime error
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2006, 11:14:04 pm »
Occasionally when go to run SK Jukebox I get a Run-time error '-2147417848(80010108)':.  Automation error.  The object invoked has disconnected from its clients.  Any ideas on what is causing this, or how to fix it?  I'm running windows 2000 with all the updates.  Thanks.

If it's only occasional, it's hard to figure out!  How often would you say this happens?

Oh, and are you using the latest version (don't think it will matter, but best eliminate that possibility).

ratabase1

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2006, 05:23:52 pm »
I'm currently running version 2.7.0.  Is that the most current version?  I'm beginning to think it is happening if I use cd to mp3 ripper to rip a cd (exiting mp3 ripper software when done), and then going and clicking SK Jukebox icon afterwards to bring up the jukebox software.  I'll  try to play with this some more, and see if it is just a coincidence or not.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2006, 06:22:16 pm »
I'm currently running version 2.7.0.  Is that the most current version?  I'm beginning to think it is happening if I use cd to mp3 ripper to rip a cd (exiting mp3 ripper software when done), and then going and clicking SK Jukebox icon afterwards to bring up the jukebox software.  I'll  try to play with this some more, and see if it is just a coincidence or not.

2.8.0 has been out for a couple of weeks now (and 2.8.1 is just around the corner!) :

[romsite link redacted]
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:39:31 am by PL1 »

ratabase1

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2006, 06:11:59 pm »
I installed version 2.8.0 and tried to run it and was still getting the run time error.  I rebooted the computer and SK Jukebox worked.  Today I booted the computer up and went to run SK Jukebox and I'm getting the Run time error again.    Doesn't appear to be tied to cd to mp3 ripper like I originally thought.  Any other ideas?

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2006, 07:10:36 pm »
I seem to remember a similar problem a while back, which was tied in the end to a bad sound card.  What hardware are you running there?

ratabase1

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2006, 07:28:21 pm »
My motherboard is:

Board: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. 7VM400M-RZ x.x
Bus Clock: 133 megahertz
BIOS: Award Software International, Inc. F5 10/29/2004

The soundcard is built into the motherboard

ratabase1

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2006, 07:34:05 pm »
Is there a limit to the number of covers/listings you can have?

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #8 on: January 26, 2006, 01:02:23 am »

Not really.  The program will only have the 4 images loaded in memory at a time, and the number of songs/albums is only limited by the amount of RAM you have.

Is there any way you can try another soundcard in that machine, and disable the on-board sound?  Or, try updating the drivers for that card.

eist1

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:September 30, 2008, 02:38:59 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #9 on: January 26, 2006, 01:53:41 pm »
I'm getting a different Runtime Error, I'm getting Runtime Error '6', Overflow. It is erroring out while starting app and going through album library, it is erroring at album 613 and song number 7696. Is there a limit on the number of albums supported? I currently have 980 albums. Please let me know.

SalmonKing

• Offline Offline
  • SK Jukebox
« Reply #10 on: January 26, 2006, 02:58:13 pm »
I'm getting a different Runtime Error, I'm getting Runtime Error '6', Overflow. It is erroring out while starting app and going through album library, it is erroring at album 613 and song number 7696. Is there a limit on the number of albums supported? I currently have 980 albums. Please let me know.

That would normally be related to ID3 tags.  Are you using them to get the album information?  If so, try taking out the album that it's crashing on (i.e. move it out temporarilly), and see if it get's past it.  Also, make sure you are using the latest version (v2.8.1).

"Is there a limit on the number of albums supported?"  - I just answered that in my last post in this thread :

"The program will only have the 4 images loaded in memory at a time, and the number of songs/albums is only limited by the amount of RAM you have."

If it were a memory problem in your case, you would get an error 'Out of memory'.  'Overflow' is a different issue, and in SKJB's case, it has 99% of the time occured in the reading of bad ID3 tags.

ratabase1

• Offline Offline
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2006, 09:32:43 am »

Not really.  The program will only have the 4 images loaded in memory at a time, and the number of songs/albums is only limited by the amount of RAM you have.

Is there any way you can try another soundcard in that machine, and disable the on-board sound?  Or, try updating the drivers for that card.

I finally got a hold of another sound card to try, and disabled the onboard audio.  It appears to have eliminated my Run-time error '-2147417848(80010108)':.  Automation error. 

The weird thing I noticed with the my error though, is when I booted my computer up intially after being off,  and tried the SK Jukebox, I would get the runtime error.  However, if I immediately rebooted the computer after getting the error, SK Jukebox would then work. 

Anyways, I added a new sound card, and everything is working now.