Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: eBay Express  (Read 2141 times)

rlemmon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 06, 2022, 02:54:46 am
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
eBay Express
« on: January 20, 2006, 11:17:45 pm »
have you guys heard about the new ebay site. I got  this email from ebay. it could be intersting. :)

Introducing eBay Express
Finally, I want to tell you about a new specialty site called eBay Express that will launch this spring. eBay Express will be an exciting new buying experience, offering items that are available for purchase right away. We think eBay Express will encourage more shopping among our existing buyers, who today may only buy on eBay for certain purposes or types of products. We also think it will attract new buyers to eBay who prefer a more conventional e-commerce shopping experience.

While eBay Express will be a specialty site, it'll be part of the eBay marketplace, so Store and Fixed Price listings that qualify will automatically appear on both eBay.com and eBay Express - at no additional cost. Many sellers will benefit from the additional exposure without having to list their inventory twice, or change the way they sell. eBay Express will offer quick and easy ways to search and browse, a shopping cart (yes, at last!), and payments via credit card or PayPal. And because payments are made at the point of purchase, sellers will not experience unpaid items.

We're consciously making the buying experience on eBay Express different. And to deliver that experience, we'll be opening eBay Express to sellers who have a positive track record on the site and who list items that are available for immediate purchase. Only sellers with 98 percent positive feedback or better - and a feedback score of at least 100 - will be eligible to sell on eBay Express. Sellers must also accept PayPal. There are a few other requirements for selling on eBay Express. To learn more now, please click here.

eBay Express is a complicated undertaking; we're now finalizing our planning and development work, and we'll have more details to share in the months ahead. At launch, eBay Express will be available only for US-based sellers, although we have plans to expand in the future to our international sellers on eBay.com.

I hope this gives you a sense of what we're focused on as we head into the new year. On behalf of everyone at eBay, thanks for being part of the eBay Community. As e-commerce continues to grow and evolve, we look forward to continuing to shape the future together.

Please join me for my first Town Hall event in 2006 next week - Thursday, January 26 at 2 pm Pacific time. My North American leadership team and I will be answering questions about whatever is on your mind. I always look forward to these sessions, and I hope you'll join us.

Sincerely,

Bill Cobb
President, eBay North America

quarterback

• King Of The Night Time World!
  • Trade Count: (+6)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 16, 2023, 10:51:41 pm
Re: eBay Express
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2006, 11:59:15 pm »
No crap, don't put your kids in a real fridge.
-- Chad Tower