Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: Upright cabinet now comp;et (nearly)  (Read 2412 times)

1cal

• Trade Count: (0)
Upright cabinet now comp;et (nearly)
« on: January 18, 2006, 07:10:38 pm »
It's been quite a while since I last posted to this forum, however I have finally  purchased a coin door from eBay, which is now installed. I love the sound the coin makes as it falls through the mechs and starts up the game.

To my disappointment my son complained bitterly about having to insert a coin when instructed just to continue a game of Metal Slug. Its not as though I'm emptying the machine of his money every Friday!

However I think I'll relent and install a new coin insert button or a microswitch arched to the coin eject button.

Then the cabinet will be finished................

.............but then there's the side art the interchangeable control panels etc etc.

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/callum.henderson/basement_boomera_00000f.htm

MinerAl

• Wiki Contributor
  • Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 21, 2023, 07:11:28 am
  • duck
Re: Upright cabinet now comp;et (nearly)
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 11:24:42 am »
Very nice.  I like the deepened Defender look. 

1cal

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 02:23:12 pm »
Thanks!

Unfortunately shortly after I built the controls MAME removed the hardwired Defender cheat which allowed left and right on the joystick to activate thrust and reverse if necessary. The original game only had up and down on the joystick and a separate reverse and thrust. Operating these controls is rather difficult with my control layout.

I will have to install another button now to play Defender properly. ::)

Cal

JONTHEBOMB

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:October 20, 2019, 12:08:18 am
  • BOOM!!!!
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2006, 04:17:05 pm »
Well Done!
I like that you put the 1 and 2 player buttons right in front.  No reaching involved.

Also, that's a neat looking marquee.

juggle50

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 25, 2022, 02:46:08 pm
  • Your either on the bus or off the bus
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2006, 02:32:20 am »
Great Cab,

Can't you just change the thrust/reverse buttons to right/left manually in the "input (this game)" section when you press tab while in the game?  That's what I did on mine.  I wasn't aware that there was a cheat.