Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: troubleshooting Captain America and Mortal Kombat I  (Read 1126 times)

mmonte4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2006, 09:43:06 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
troubleshooting Captain America and Mortal Kombat I
« on: January 07, 2006, 09:55:52 pm »
hello all.  I need some help. Im technically retarded.  Ok, so I have a wrestlefest cabinet and i bought the captain america pcb.  So, I tried to plug and play cap america today.  Well, only the 1 player works (of 4)  and I cannot choose characters.  It makes me be a certain character every time (automatically pics him.  How do i fix all these problems.  I can probably provide a pic if it will help.

Also, I have MK I and im trying to play it in my MK II cabinet.  It works fine except the low punch and low kick buttons dont work.  everything else does though.  Help with this would be nice.  thanks

Spaz Monkey

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:February 15, 2011, 11:33:55 pm
  • Hit me with a chicken quesadilla and a Coke.
Re: troubleshooting Captain America and Mortal Kombat I
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2006, 12:30:27 am »
Only thing that leaps to my mind about the Cap Amer game is that perhaps you have the game where the players are already assigned controls like Gauntlet (ie P1 is Elf, P2 Warrior, P3 Wizard, etc).

SirPeale

• Green Mountain Man
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+23)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:August 04, 2023, 09:51:57 am
  • Arcade Repair in New England
    • Arcade Game and Other Coin-Op Projects
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2006, 02:03:14 am »
Only thing that leaps to my mind about the Cap Amer game is that perhaps you have the game where the players are already assigned controls like Gauntlet (ie P1 is Elf, P2 Warrior, P3 Wizard, etc).

Yup, pretty much.

As for the other controls not working properly, the harness for the other controls probably isn't hooked up - either properly, or at all.

RayB

• I'm not wearing pants! HA!
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:June 13, 2024, 10:21:06 pm
  • There's my post
    • RayB.com
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 02:15:03 pm »
Check the dipswitches on the Cap America. Sounds like you have the coin dip set to "individual". You want it set so that coin slots are "common". That way it will let you choose who you want to be.

NO MORE!!

mmonte4

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:March 17, 2006, 09:43:06 pm
  • I want to build my own arcade controls!
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2006, 03:35:52 pm »
k cool