Main Restorations Software Audio/Jukebox/MP3 Everything Else Buy/Sell/Trade
Project Announcements Monitor/Video GroovyMAME Merit/JVL Touchscreen Meet Up Retail Vendors
Driving & Racing Woodworking Software Support Forums Consoles Project Arcade Reviews
Automated Projects Artwork Frontend Support Forums Pinball Forum Discussion Old Boards
Raspberry Pi & Dev Board controls.dat Linux Miscellaneous Arcade Wiki Discussion Old Archives
Lightguns Arcade1Up Try the site in https mode Site News

Unread posts | New Replies | Recent posts | Rules | Chatroom | Wiki | File Repository | RSS | Submit news

Author Topic: DC VGA box and Boot disk help  (Read 2371 times)

Demon-Seed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2022, 09:51:02 am
    • DemonCade (WORKING URL!)
DC VGA box and Boot disk help
« on: January 28, 2003, 02:34:12 pm »
Hi
Finally got a VGA box that works, but when i put in the Utopia boot disk it says its not supported for the AV type cable.. what boot disk can i get to work?? and where can I find it? email me if u can help..... games that self boot seem to work but i have many that need boot disk.

thx
JIM
Life is like a video game, a good one never dies..

Dave_K.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 06, 2022, 03:27:30 pm
    • Arcade Fever
Re:DC VGA box and Boot disk help
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2003, 04:52:43 pm »
Correct, the Utopia disk will not work with a VGA adapter.  Try using the Gameshark CDX, Blaze MP3, or Codebreaker discs to boot with.  They all support the VGA box, and allow you to insert a CD and choose the "start without codes" or "restart" options.

All these discs are real products and are available for under $10 at Gamestop or Software Etc.

One other note.  After you figure out which "backup" you like the best, please go out and buy real verisons of them (most DC games can be had off ebay for $5-15).  Otherwise, you are just supporting the people who helped put the Dreamcast 6ft under!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2003, 05:02:20 pm by Dave_K. »

SNAAAKE

• -Banned-
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:July 21, 2004, 03:44:18 am
  • Banned for abusive postings.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2003, 05:35:03 pm »
Correct, the Utopia disk will not work with a VGA adapter.  
It actually works but i dont use utopia disk(i bought it when i was 15 and had like $20 every week).
Here is what you do..
First switch your vga box to tv mode,insert utopia disk,let it boot,wait about 10 seconds then replace with nonselfboot game and right after you put the game you switch it back to vga..if the game has support then you will be able to see it on your vga monitor.IF the burned game dont support vga mode then TOO BAD..go buy the real games.
Most of my "GOOD" games are all original anyways because i cant stand the swaping $hit >:( and bootlegs have sound compressed.i have both burned and "ORIGINAL" version of sf3.Burned one is just not same.it sounds different and there is tiny bit of loading time(i want it 100% working ::)).

Hellfromabove

• Offline Offline
  • Last login:January 08, 2020, 05:45:41 pm
  • Soundwave Superior, Constructocons Inferior!
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2003, 07:54:09 pm »
Tru dat SNAAAKE, tru dat ;D. Thanx.

-See Ya!!!

Demon-Seed

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Offline Offline
  • Last login:April 04, 2022, 09:51:02 am
    • DemonCade (WORKING URL!)
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2003, 07:41:59 am »
Ok I will try it, but my main concern right now is getting it the dc to run on my CP..
Life is like a video game, a good one never dies..